Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2051 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRoad Race Motorsports Stage 2 Power Pack

Unread 09-02-2013, 02:07 PM   #30751
SoCalHunter
1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamrr View Post
Did anyone do some Dove hunting yesterday for the season opener? How did you do?
I went. Headed up to Ash Meadows to stay away from the crowds. Had five dove in about 2 hours. Shot all but three birds that flew passed me. Two of them when the warden was checking my gun. There were people taking limits by jump shooting. I use dove as a warm-up for ducks, not quail. Honestly, there weren't enough hunters.

SoCalHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #30752
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Excuse my ignorance, but how do you fire a weapon when someone is inspecting it?
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #30753
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Sooo I stabbed myself with a driver bit on a drill this morning, and it is still bleeding. It isn't like a huge cut or gouge, but I'm debating on what to do. Any suggestions?
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2013, 02:56 PM   #30754
SoCalHunter
1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but how do you fire a weapon when someone is inspecting it?
You don't. That's why they flew past.
SoCalHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2013, 03:09 PM   #30755
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
Yeah, RTP!! Rofl. I had to read it twice to catch it too. Lol
Unread 09-02-2013, 03:10 PM   #30756
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalHunter

You don't. That's why they flew past.
Oh geez, okay I read it wrong the first time. Makes more sense now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
Sooo I stabbed myself with a driver bit on a drill this morning, and it is still bleeding. It isn't like a huge cut or gouge, but I'm debating on what to do. Any suggestions?
Heat up your rambo knife over a fire built with a few rocks and dry moss, cauterize it then do something realistic and go to the quick care and get a tetanus shot.
Unread 09-02-2013, 03:10 PM   #30757
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

Yeah, RTP!! Rofl. I had to read it twice to catch it too. Lol
Ha! Glad I am not the only one. I don't feel as dumb now
Unread 09-02-2013, 03:13 PM   #30758
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I got a tetanus last year, as well as a rabies series. I'm just gonna wrap it up tight, if I bleed through again ill go to the quick care.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2013, 03:28 PM   #30759
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

just put some super glue on it and call it a day.

I picked up a spare wheel/tire today for $80. Supposedly it still has a tmps sensor in it too. The guy works at a body shop and someone smacked a curb with it... and the insurance company replaced the combo and the axle. The guy said that he has a dana 44 rear with a bent track bar bracket from the same Jeep if anybody wants it. Would be perfect to sleeve then put your internals in it.
Unread 09-02-2013, 04:25 PM   #30760
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
just put some super glue on it and call it a day.
What I was going to suggest as well. I have been using super glue for stuff like that for years. Just hold it closed and super glue it. When the super glue falls off, you usually won't even see a scar.

If you decide to go with the Rambo method, make sure to take video!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #30761
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
just put some super glue on it.
Soldering iron if that doesn't work.
Unread 09-02-2013, 09:04 PM   #30762
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

PSA on super glue. Not for use with animal bites! Don't ask. I still hold that grudge and WILL get even with the little bastage!
Unread 09-02-2013, 10:15 PM   #30763
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

So when we were up in Lee Canyon on Saturday we decided to hike up the lower Bristlecone a little bit(not far with 2 toddlers)

Anyways there were no cars around and a backpack sitting there. It was full of mountain biking stuff and it was wet. I could only assume that someone got caught in the rain and forgot it. Needless to say it is all pretty much rei type stuff in it. I drove around looking for someone with a 29er mountain bike per the spare tubes, but could not find anything. It could not have been there too long, the water in the camel back was still cold, and of course like everything else in the place the zippers were half open like someone had already pilfered through it.

Anyways I posted it up on the Las Vegas Mountain Biking group on Meetup, on bikinglasvegas.com, and on Las Vegas Cyclery's facebook page trying to find the owner. Do you guys know of any other local mountain biking websites? I would post it on craigslist but I am afraid of the clientele that it would attract.
Unread 09-02-2013, 10:42 PM   #30764
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

if you post on CL, just post that the items will have to be described in the responding email, and just dont respond to anything that doesnt match the description.
Unread 09-02-2013, 11:31 PM   #30765
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Yeah that is pretty much what I did for the other posts. Said that I needed the jackets brand, color, and size.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.