Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#40,921 ·
Hey Roobicon, how does the tepui do in the rain? We had a hard time staying completely dry in the tent, mostly the window seems leaking and when a sleeping bag rubbed the walls not covered by the rain fly. Its a cheapo tent from walmart but I still expected a little more water resistance. I wouldn't mind getting into an RTT with the trailer build but I noticed tepui sells a 'weather' cover, wondering how necessary it is.

#40,922 ·
ghostwhite said:
Hey Roobicon, how does the tepui do in the rain? We had a hard time staying completely dry in the tent, mostly the window seems leaking and when a sleeping bag rubbed the walls not covered by the rain fly. Its a cheapo tent from walmart but I still expected a little more water resistance. I wouldn't mind getting into an RTT with the trailer build but I noticed tepui sells a 'weather' cover, wondering how necessary it is.
I had the same tenti that Terry is selling and it never leaked once and I was in some hard core rain at lake Mohave with it one night. Read the reviews on Tepui's website and if you have questions about their products, they are daily small company and they actually enjoy talking to customers. Hope this helps.

#40,923 ·
I had the same tenti that Terry is selling and it never leaked once and I was in some hard core rain at lake Mohave with it one night. Read the reviews on Tepui's website and if you have questions about their products, they are daily small company and they actually enjoy talking to customers. Hope this helps.
We had it out in UT over Memorial Day weekend and it rained all three days and the tent was bone dry. I did sell that one end upgraded to the ruggedized Kukenam XL that is at least a foot wider and the tent fabric is 1/3 heavier. The first tent was awesome, the new one is awesomer.

The weather cover is for more extreme conditions and additional insulation.

#40,925 ·
I'm getting really excited to install all of these parts onto the old XJ. Need to get rid of the bit of wobble I have.

Almost have everything in order to do my maintenance overhaul of the front end. I think I have everything now.

Solid diff cover
Fluid
Spicer ball joints
760 ujoints
Moog bushings
New floor jack
Balljoint press
Iro otk steering
Crown extended brake lines

And if I feel up to it I'll do the rear shackle boxes relocation kit so as to fix my angle's. And cut my fenders so as to get the XJ ready for some 33's/35's.

Need to also look into a lunchbox locker for the front end.

#40,933 ·
The pay sites at Coral Pink Sand Dunes are epic and kanab is pretty cool little area too. Not sure how far you want to drive into the park from though.

Coral pink scenery...

The campground has super nice showers and restrooms along with nice individual spots. The ranger station has a reasonable display and sells fire wood and ice. 10pm quiet hours which I appreciate.

#40,934 ·
The pay sites at Coral Pink Sand Dunes are epic and kanab is pretty cool little area too. Not sure how far you want to drive into the park from though.

Coral pink scenery...

The campground has super nice showers and restrooms along with nice individual spots. The ranger station has a reasonable display and sells fire wood and ice. 10pm quiet hours which I appreciate.
Perfect...that's what I'm looking for. Thanks

#40,936 ·
What a shame, wasted a lot of time getting this cummins bus motor here and now it goes back to the midwest to sit on the farm till I need it.

Can you say tongue weight? I felt uneasy going the 1/2 a block with this rinky-dink 800lb cap. HF trailer.

Getting ready to palletize it and shove it in the enclosed trailer.

My roommate is trailering his bike to sturgis and then to ND so its a perfect time to get these out of my garage. I'm dropping him off in SD and hauling this and my 454 dually drivetrain the rest of the way, he'll ride from SD to ND.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.