Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#40,881 ·
Grand_ZJ said:
Does anyone have a balljoint press that I could use for a while? I would love you forever and appreciate it lol :) I would rent one but I don't want to be on a time crunch to return to a store.
If you can break into my garage without the neighbors calling the cops or causing any damage, there is a ball joint press on the right side of the garage in a gray case next to the toolbox.

Hey Khris, tell the organizers to postpone the race until October and I'll help pit.

And Welcome to the new guy :wave: I like a few of the others here don't own a Jeep anymore.

#40,889 ·
Knocked out a pair of mirror mounts today. We finished off the factory side mirrors at the mint. These seem super strong so hopefully they'll hold up!

Think those phone repair type places could change the lens on my phone? Cause right now it's a mp3 player that I can call and sorta text with.

#40,890 ·
Nice mirrors. I would say that the door would give before those puppies do. With that said, wouldn't a new mirror be cheaper and easier to fix than the door?

I guess this sorta runs in the same area as the full metal fenders on jeeps. Yeah sure they are strong as hell but now the fender sheet metal is the weakest link

#40,891 ·
If they smack anything more then branches we've got bigger problems cause that means the tires probably aren't facing down anymore. The factory mirrors got ripped off simply hitting branches at speed. It's not like we're going to lean them into a rock wall or something...

#40,893 ·
T-mobile

I watched a video earlier with a guy using a q-tip and tooth brush to polish out the scratches and then cleans it with rubbing alcohol. Said it takes about 10 minutes. I may try that tonight or one night soon. You can see by the pics above it looks like I'm taking my pictures with a potato, not a camera now... I'm coming up to a year with this phone and so far the things I actually like about it are MP3 storage, Pandora and the camera. The camera is jacked now, MP3 player would've been a hell of a lot cheaper and I can easily live without pandora. Almost a year later and I still say my old flip phone was actually a better phone and better for texting. In other words, this smart phone is still a complete waste.

#40,895 ·
The lens is scratched really bad. Funny thing is, my 5+ year old flip phone in my pocket everyday with no case/cover never got this bad yet I have the protective case on this one and well, it didn't protect the lens. LOL I basically just need to polish the lens somehow and it should work fine still. Just another stupid "smart" phone issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.