Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#40,842 ·
The Ranger is not so much a temporary distraction, but a way to have a vehicle that i can have fun with at high speeds in the dirt. Can it be done to a XJ? Yep. But by having 2 separate vehicles they can be built how each one is intended, and if one breaks down, i can still go out and have fun.

#40,843 ·
Be careful! Next thing you know you're in my situation where there's so many vehicles that the work load never ends, it's just a continuous rotation! Thinking about it a little more, not planning on really racing next year will actually be a nice break for me! I "may" race the Mint or one small race next year at most but I'm not even sure about that. Anyways, watch out getting too many rides in the driveway! LOL, there is a side affect to that life!

#40,844 ·
SMOKING DEAL on a warn 8274 winch just popped up on one of the facebook groups. I'm not sure how to link directly to it so you may have to scroll down to find it a little depending when you click on this link...

http://www.facebook.com/groups/1422137158023606/

I had one of these on my OLD CJ7 back in the day and it's an amazing winch!

#40,845 ·
Puck81 said:
Found out the issue by askiing the PO. The battery is too large for the tray and the positive is hitting the hood. Looks like i need to modify the battery tray.
Or buy a Fiberglas hood. Problem solved!

#40,852 ·
Ghost, let me see how much jason wants. We've got two of the black steal wheels and 4 black alloy. I'm guessing he won't want to separate the alloys but the steals he'd let go as a pair I'm sure if interested.

Oh and Ghost, one way ticket to Wi and drive this thing home!!!!

http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/truck-talk/227611.htm#post3782335

Here's the front end alone without the shocks in the price. Add another $3K on the shocks... And that's just the front suspension kit. LOL

http://camburg.com/all-products/04-08-f-150/ford-f-lt-kit-2/

Yes, it's salvaged but if it's straight... who cares!

#40,854 ·
I know Ghost has mentioned being interested in helping chase for us at Vegas 2 Reno next month. Would anyone else be interested out of curiosity? Here's the break down for planning basically...

Tech is Thursday 8/13. Open invite to everyone in general, not just those that are helping with the race. If you want to chase and can't make it, not a big deal though. We'll likely be doing a pit meeting at my house that Wed or Thur evening though I'd imagine. 8/12 or 8/13 most likely. Again, if you can't make it, we can work around it.

Race day is Friday 8/14. The race starts in Beatty and runs basically up to the Reno area. It WILL BE A LONG DAY!!! I'm talking LONG... The friend that is riding shotgun in the truck for the first half of the race took 24 hours to finish last year with some issues to give you an idea. I think in a perfect world we can do it in 12hours but that's talking absolutely perfect, zero issues, zero stuck in silt, perfect! Point being, there's a good chance you'll be up all day and all night and you'll be catching naps here and there on the fly as you can.

We don't have a full chase crew logistically figured out yet though so as far as ride sharing goes, we don't know yet. We figure we'll see who we've got on the table, who's got vehicles they're willing to run and go from there. If absolutely needed I can offer up my explorer to chase out of even.

Race finish... Sometime on Sat and we'll be up there assuming all goes well. I don't want to plan for failure but if for whatever reason our day ended at Tonopah or something like that, we'd likely head back home. If there's a day ender scenario based on where we are and how far up we are we'll make a call as to what we're doing.

Assuming all is well though, we'll hang in the Reno area that Sat and stay the night up there. Jason and I haven't talked rooms yet, it's a conversation we'll have soon though. Perfect scenario, we'll caravan home on Sunday.

If you're interested let me know and maybe throw in a rough percentage as to how committed you are to it. If you're 100% in awesome, if you're 50/50 we'll plan accordingly as well. Just gives us an idea of what we're working with. Also, if you're interested, let me know if you're willing to run your own vehicle north and what the vehicle is so we can plan gear/vehicle wise depending what we have on the table. Just cause you are willing to drive your own ride doesn't mean you will, I'm just seeing what we have for options. I mean if you say yeah, you're 100% in and will drive up in your Civic, well, you likely will be riding shotgun in someone elses truck or something and your Civic will likely chill in Vegas that weekend. LOL

Our goal is to have one dedicated chase team on their own. We will be pitting at a paid pit service. They will actually be doing all the fuel dumps for us. You would be there to help and to basically have our gear on hand if really needed. Perfect world, you'll have fun watching a race all day and night and watch us drive by a bunch of times. We also want to have a 2nd team that will caravan with my van/trailer all the way north too. We're likely going to have the Van doing most of the fuel stops. The solo team may have to do one... When I say that I actually mean you'll be transporting our fuel cans for us to that paid pit team.

This kind of race is actually typically a TON of fun to chase for cause you're not sitting in one place all day. You'll be on the move quite a bit leap frogging to stay ahead of the race truck.

Anyways, let me know if anyone is interested and about how committed and if you're willing to drive and what the vehicle is if so...

#40,855 ·
Ghost, let me see how much jason wants. We've got two of the black steal wheels and 4 black alloy. I'm guessing he won't want to separate the alloys but the steals he'd let go as a pair I'm sure if interested.

Here's the front end alone without the shocks in the price. Add another $3K on the shocks... And that's just the front suspension kit. LOL

I wish i had the cash, i would buy that for the wife... she like my Ranger now.

#40,856 ·

Damn, if it wasnt such a sketchy story. I wish it was closer.....

#40,857 ·
How's it going?
I'm not on here much but wanted to jump in on the thread and introduce myself since I'm in Henderson.
Just a (DD) 10' liberty with a hybrid JBA, OME and IronMan 4" long travel kit and some extra goodies. Im still working on her but its what I got.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

#40,858 ·
How's it going?
I'm not on here much but wanted to jump in on the thread and introduce myself since I'm in Henderson.
Just a (DD) 10' liberty with a hybrid JBA, OME and IronMan 4" long travel kit and some extra goodies. Im still working on her but its what I got.
How's it going? Feel free to stop in more and chat with us. I do believe we have met face to face a couple of months ago. I was installing a water softener at your dad's home in Henderson.

#40,859 ·
rytra316 said:
How's it going? I'm not on here much but wanted to jump in on the thread and introduce myself since I'm in Henderson. Just a (DD) 10' liberty with a hybrid JBA, OME and IronMan 4" long travel kit and some extra goodies. Im still working on her but its what I got.
Welcome, 100% agree with Puck, stop by and say hi and keep the thread going. Who cares if it's about jeeps, we talk about everything else here most of the time anyway :p

#40,860 ·
Jeeps? What are Jeeps? Other then that pretty nice Liberty posted above! Looks good with the lift. Any side shots of it?

Speaking of not jeeps, I've got a '15 WRX at my disposal this weekend. Drove it to work. Man, when that turbo comes on it goes pretty good but more impressive, the corning in gnarly! Power, I have a turbo for the weekend! Let's race! LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.