Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2039 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #30571
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

hey Jared, it sucks, but I think Champion is Chinese junk. I have gone through either two or three of them now. That was pretty much the only part of my Jeep I totally cheaped out on. If I had it to do over, it would be the 5 bills for a Be Cool or other American made brand.

dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 02:43 PM   #30572
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
Can someone please tell me WTF is this s h i t that i just seen at 4 wheel parts!
I've seen that thing rolling around for years. I remember seeing it on the lot, brand new, at Chapman Jeep.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 02:45 PM   #30573
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206
Can someone please tell me WTF is this s h i t that i just seen at 4 wheel parts!
Way back when, there used to be a dealer over off of Sahara right by TGI Fridays. I remember seeing that Jeep there for sale.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #30574
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Way back when, there used to be a dealer over off of Sahara right by TGI Fridays. I remember seeing that Jeep there for sale.
i already said that! lol.

It was chapman wasnt it? Or has chapman always been on east sahara?

OHHHH ****, it was desert jeep, my bad.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #30575
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Some rubicon pics...I'll have to wait to do some editing to reduce file sizes for the others.
image-2396714327.jpg

image-730189114.jpg

image-3941992592.jpg

image-2905297749.jpg

image-4075429564.jpg

Unread 08-23-2013, 04:32 PM   #30576
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff
hey Jared, it sucks, but I think Champion is Chinese junk. I have gone through either two or three of them now. That was pretty much the only part of my Jeep I totally cheaped out on. If I had it to do over, it would be the 5 bills for a Be Cool or other American made brand.
I'll give the champion one more shot. From what I can tell it cools amazingly well. I was just looking, and the next best radiator is a griffin for just under $600, 3x what I paid. If another ends up not working ill probably go with CSF 3 core.

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #30577
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Didn't that pink jeep used to have purple flowers on it too?

Rubicon trip pics and vids are awesome Powr, keep 'em coming!
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #30578
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
So who is down for an open carry coffee meet this weekend?
Is there a specific plan/location for this yet? Not sure if I can make it, but just in case it would be good to know.
Unread 08-23-2013, 07:05 PM   #30579
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
I'll give the champion one more shot. From what I can tell it cools amazingly well. I was just looking, and the next best radiator is a griffin for just under $600, 3x what I paid. If another ends up not working ill probably go with CSF 3 core.

Posted from outer space.
Yup, that's why I went with the Champion as well... only crappy thing was they charged me shipping both ways on their defective radiators, so I'm into it almost as much as a Griffin as it stands right now. Good on you for getting it done without having to pay the shipping.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 07:33 PM   #30580
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

heres my new rampage sailcloth top and rampage uppers all for 340
Raptor0206 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 07:55 PM   #30581
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I've never seen a soft top that has the straps and buckles on the outside, looks interesting. I like the slanted rear window though, looking forward to hearing how it wears.
Unread 08-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #30582
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff

Yup, that's why I went with the Champion as well... only crappy thing was they charged me shipping both ways on their defective radiators, so I'm into it almost as much as a Griffin as it stands right now. Good on you for getting it done without having to pay the shipping.
Oh, I havn't actually contacted them yet, but it's my expectation.

I actually purchased through amazon.

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 08:15 PM   #30583
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Should have got a radiator from Performance Radiator, that's off of Trop & Arville. I got mine for my dearly departed ZJ for 171$ and some change.

I had it for 3 years, and even when the jeep rolled over it still never sprung a leak. I will definetely be buying another one from them in the future. I believe they make them up in Tacoma, WA also.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 08-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #30584
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
I've never seen a soft top that has the straps and buckles on the outside, looks interesting. I like the slanted rear window though, looking forward to hearing how it wears.
Its a rampage frameless. The windows come out and its a safari top. Its super thick. I had one on my first white TJ and I like it and it was the cheaper one. He has those for 230 and this one was 285ish
Raptor0206 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #30585
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ
Should have got a radiator from Performance Radiator, that's off of Trop & Arville. I got mine for my dearly departed ZJ for 171$ and some change.

I had it for 3 years, and even when the jeep rolled over it still never sprung a leak. I will definetely be buying another one from them in the future. I believe they make them up in Tacoma, WA also.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
X2 on these guys, they are awesome

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.