Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2036 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsLabor Day Sale!

Unread 08-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #30526
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
Hard Rock?
Yep, the interview with the IT boss man Mike went great. I am getting ready to head out to an interview over by Khris here in a little bit.

I even got to the Hard Rock early and killed some time downstairs. Made a whole 25 cents off of 10 minutes on a slot machine. I also got to watch 2 drunk girls that could not figure out that you needed to put your room card in the elevator to get above the 2nd floor. They were sloppy drunk and still awake at 8 am. Vacation time must be nice.

Unread 08-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #30527
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
why cant you? lol. Nobody would question a guy welding in his whitey tighties.
Did you know the typical gym shorts melt REALLY easy and boxers don't do much for preventing red hot molten metal from hitting your skin? Messed up part is that I know that and I also know welding sparks to the scrotum and taint are actually not the most painful spot to get nailed. I'll take those locations over an armpit any day of the week as messed up as that sounds!

I do weld in sandals as well often!

Here at work they just recently started implementing safety glasses. I laughed when I got written up for using the burrking here with only my eye glasses and no safety glasses. I explained to them that I use the same thing at home more then anyone in this company likely ever has and have never once had an eye issue. I also drug them back over to the sander and asked if my eyes were such a concern why did they have no concern for my fingers that were within about 1/4" of the belt the whole time? LOL I want to go back to a time before lawyers when everyone was responsible for their own actions and could make the choice themselves as to what they deemed safe and not safe and lived with their consequences. Should I weld in gym shorts and sandals? Probably not... If I get bit, I'll whine to my dog about it and deal with the consequences though. Remember the attack of the cutoff wheel to my ribs this summer??? Yeah, sure as heck didn't put the safety guard back on that thing just cause of that!

I never said I was smart!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #30528
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3

Yep, the interview with the IT boss man Mike went great. I am getting ready to head out to an interview over by Khris here in a little bit.

I even got to the Hard Rock early and killed some time downstairs. Made a whole 25 cents off of 10 minutes on a slot machine. I also got to watch 2 drunk girls that could not figure out that you needed to put your room card in the elevator to get above the 2nd floor. They were sloppy drunk and still awake at 8 am. Vacation time must be nice.
Should have offered your "assistance."

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #30529
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
I also got to watch 2 drunk girls that could not figure out that you needed to put your room card in the elevator to get above the 2nd floor. They were sloppy drunk and still awake at 8 am. Vacation time must be nice.
Lol welcome to my world.
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 03:30 PM   #30530
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Should have offered your "assistance."
"No no no girls, you've got it all wrong. I've got to put MY key into YOUR slot, here, like this"

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 05:47 PM   #30531
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Well I will have a job once the offer is sent. I will be driving across the valley for work now. 62 miles round trip
Unread 08-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #30532
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Well I will have a job once the offer is sent. I will be driving across the valley for work now. 62 miles round trip
That was quick! Damn

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 06:25 PM   #30533
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
No hard rock
Unread 08-22-2013, 06:42 PM   #30534
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I average about 73 miles a day, but I'm not paying for gas or maintenance.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 06:51 PM   #30535
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

No hard rock.... but I am not going to tell them until I get a full letter of intent and an offer. Not going to turn down a position until I have something that is not just word of mouth.

When my wife gets back she will be dropping me off and picking me up if she wants a car. So double that mileage for a month.

Compared to my rural Texas entry level pay that I was getting, this will be an almost 80% raise. So the mileage should not be a big deal add long as the jeep does not break.
Unread 08-22-2013, 07:25 PM   #30536
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I cannot stop laughing. I just got the renewal for the states OHV stickers that they started last year. Nothing but a money making scheme. $20 to renew... if you miss the date you get a $25 late fee and still have to pay the original $20. for those of you bad at math...that is a 125% increase if you are late WTF
Unread 08-22-2013, 07:27 PM   #30537
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Welcome to my world
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 07:57 PM   #30538
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

haha, I have not even had the new JK for a year and I already have over 13k miles on it.

But funny enough I just got a coupon from chapman for a free oil change. What makes it funny is that it is advertised that I need my first oil change... They have already changed my oil 4 times!!
Unread 08-22-2013, 08:03 PM   #30539
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
How long will you have this job?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #30540
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
No hard rock.... but I am not going to tell them until I get a full letter of intent and an offer. Not going to turn down a position until I have something that is not just word of mouth.

When my wife gets back she will be dropping me off and picking me up if she wants a car. So double that mileage for a month.

Compared to my rural Texas entry level pay that I was getting, this will be an almost 80% raise. So the mileage should not be a big deal add long as the jeep does not break.
You should pick up a cheap civic, they can be had for around 2k and get 33 mpg. Then when you go to sell it you can still get 2k for it lol. At least that's what I did.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.