Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2030 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Reply
Unread 08-19-2013, 08:16 PM   #30436
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,116
Definitely not the biggest of fastest day of the run but it's the one my friend actually took video of... I'm actually most impressed with how smooth it is on the run up to the jump. The approach was pretty whooped out. Ricky, bring out your jeep friday night with us and hit it!!! I'm taking my truck and we'll have a V8 ranger out there doing a video shoot for a webpage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ojBi...ature=youtu.be

__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 09:34 PM   #30437
Garza
Vendor
 
Garza's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Definitely not the biggest of fastest day of the run but it's the one my friend actually took video of... I'm actually most impressed with how smooth it is on the run up to the jump. The approach was pretty whooped out. Ricky, bring out your jeep friday night with us and hit it!!! I'm taking my truck and we'll have a V8 ranger out there doing a video shoot for a webpage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ojBi...ature=youtu.be
Jeep is in CA for a little bit.
__________________
'05 LSJ
www.4lowparts.com
Black Magic Brakes
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 09:55 PM   #30438
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,591
What did you break?


Let me for one say that I just completed one of the hardest pre-employment tests that I have ever been given. It would have been the equivalent of asking a mechanic to rebuild an engine and fix marn's brakes before even being considered for an interview. If all of that work did not pay off I am going to be disappointed.
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 10:00 PM   #30439
Garza
Vendor
 
Garza's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,439
Not a dang thing lol.....its getting some minor tweaks for now and getting it's measurements for version 2.0 or maybe I should say 6.0 hehehe

AND in my search for coiIovers I found out King will anodize shocks black and gold!!!! So while I may never have my Bandit '79 Trans-Am, my color scheme is locked in.
__________________
'05 LSJ
www.4lowparts.com
Black Magic Brakes
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #30440
Raptor0206
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
What did you break?

Let me for one say that I just completed one of the hardest pre-employment tests that I have ever been given. It would have been the equivalent of asking a mechanic to rebuild an engine and fix marn's brakes before even being considered for an interview. If all of that work did not pay off I am going to be disappointed.
Lol or they will pay 10 bucks a hour.
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 10:39 PM   #30441
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,591
haha, I actually did a phone interview a few days ago. It sounded like a for sure type thing with my experience, and while the pay was low I would rather have low pay over no pay. Needless to say the guy was fully asking network engineering level stuff. It was literally like asking a fry cook to compare the processes of making vegetable and peanut oil. Mid way through the discussion I frankly asked how any of that pertained to the job description and how they expected anybody not in Pakistan or India to know that much stuff for the pay. This was of course after I answered all of his questions correctly, needless to say I told them not to call me back.
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 09:10 AM   #30442
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,201
Morning friends
__________________
Andrew - Landscape architect in training. Not landscaper

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 09:50 AM   #30443
Puck81
Web Wheeler
 
Puck81's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: las vegas, nv
Posts: 2,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Morning friends
Mornin' Marn.
Puck81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #30444
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,116
You get the brakes apart last night marn? I ripped the whole interior back out of the race truck again. One more wiring change and should have it all back in again tonight hopefully. Then Thursday the whole rear suspension comes apart for a little adjustment and some tweaking...


Oh and I got the new u-bolt plates for my exploder. I need to see if I'm going to need new u-bolts made or if what I have will work. Actually now that I think about it, one of mine will likely need cut off anyways... It's uhhhh bent! LOL
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 10:11 AM   #30445
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,409
Mornin foolios! So we made it up and the jeep seems ok. Trying to adjust a driveshaft vibe out. Speedo gear and housing look great! The steel washer seems to have worked. Heading into Carson city for a few hours today.
PSA: camping with a one year old an a two year old is freaking retardation! Do not do it! They are not happy! They did fine on the drive part, but when it comes time for bed, they turn into frothing-at-the-mouth, demonic monsters!
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 10:20 AM   #30446
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,116
Sooooo, it's just another normal day with a 1 and a 2 year old is what you're saying?
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #30447
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
You get the brakes apart last night marn? I ripped the whole interior back out of the race truck again. One more wiring change and should have it all back in again tonight hopefully. Then Thursday the whole rear suspension comes apart for a little adjustment and some tweaking...
Yup. Literally took 5 minutes to pull the prop valve, its sitting in a box at my desk with me right now, just waiting for lunch time to get mailed out.
__________________
Andrew - Landscape architect in training. Not landscaper

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 10:30 AM   #30448
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,758
I spent 2 hrs last night on my old truck trying to get it going. Backfire through the carb turns into temporary under hood fire. I could not for the life of me get the damn thing to time right. Then I discovered the harmonic balance has rotated 24 degrees. On top of that the outside continues to slip around the rubber dampener.
Here is my new concern. I'm ordering a new balancer and I'm not sure if it is worth spending $200 on a race balancer or $50 for stock replacement? Any opinions?
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 10:32 AM   #30449
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,116
I've never considered going aftermarket. What's the selling features of a race one?

We had the entire outer portion of one come apart in the middle of a race in the jeepspeed I used to ride in. LOL, explained why the belt came off...
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 10:40 AM   #30450
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,758
I think some of the race sets are lighter as well as have removable weights to balance it out. I know the motor I've got in it is pretty hot. Just not sure it "needs" a high end balancer. If it does I'm happy to do it, just don't want $200 turning into $300 because I should have bought a higher end part.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.