Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 203 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSpiderwebshade @ JeepHut.com

Unread 12-30-2011, 08:47 PM   #3031
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

If you are willing to shoot in the desert there is a place I go that takes no freeway driving to get to. Depending on where you live though, if you remember where I live its 25 mins to get to from there... South on Las Vegas blvd.

Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2011, 09:32 PM   #3032
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Past Sloan exit? Thinking lvblvd will be fkd too, but maybe not. No way to tell. That's where I normally go.
Unread 12-30-2011, 09:36 PM   #3033
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Going south I ts not bad... Im sure north will be ok... Call me if you want to go.... I still need to go to wally world for .223.
Unread 12-30-2011, 10:26 PM   #3034
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Well the Lesnar/Overeem fight sucked major culo.. Lesnar bit€hed out on this fight. His " illness is BS"
Unread 12-30-2011, 10:29 PM   #3035
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Just happened. Overeem wins by 1st round TKO. Lesnar announces retirement. 2 and a half minute fight. Probably 2 and a half hours to get home now.
Unread 12-30-2011, 10:36 PM   #3036
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Just happened. Overeem wins by 1st round TKO. Lesnar announces retirement. 2 and a half minute fight. Probably 2 and a half hours to get home now.
Ifeel bad for you YSB.. i would have nightmares about leaving MGM after a UFC fight..... Speaking of witch... want to shoot some time this weekend?
I'd like to meet you in person some day.
Unread 12-30-2011, 10:42 PM   #3037
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I'm guessing Sunday would probly be the best day for fellow Jeepers..... Please note i'm not a master planer or anything of the sort, i'm more of the I'll bring the __________ for the tirp type. So if ANY one is willing to say " Hey lets go shooting/wheeling on blah day" OR if some one is willing to meet Saturday or Sunday to shoot please let me know, I am in desperat need of man time ( not homo, time away from wife and kids )BTW my Commander is only 2wd.
Unread 12-30-2011, 11:01 PM   #3038
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I'm going to be going shooting tomorrow, taking out my girlfriends dad and her lil brother. We all have some things that need field testing.

He needs to try out his 1917 Mle1886 Lebel

The kid needs to try his new-to-him Henrey .22

And I need to piddle around with this:

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2011, 11:05 PM   #3039
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

That being said, I HATE going out by Sloan, way too many idiots out there, its way too trashed, and way too much traffic this weekend.

I have a lil spot that I like to go to out by Nelson (headed towards searchlight). we go a mile or 3 away from the road, the area is clean and never more than a few trucks out there. Plenty of space to shoot, and plenty of opportunities to get some distance.

If anybody wants to join, I'm happy to lead the way out there. We will likely be going a bit later in the morning, as i need to get the jeep out of storage after 8am, so probably head out around 10am?. I'll be bringing a few other toys as well.

PM me if you wanna go out there, its a lil bit of a drive but should be low traffic areas, and its a VERY nice area to shoot. I'll give you my cell number VIA text if you wanna meet up.

Please, if you plan to shoot bottles, do so on cardboard and pack out your glass as it's nice and clean out there for the most part, and I try to minimize my impact. I shoot cans and plastic water jugs and junk big enough for me to pack back out and throw away at home or in town.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2011, 11:07 PM   #3040
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
I knew it. It was a stage for him to retire and one last big money maker. Going out with a Goliath vs Goliath bang.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2011, 12:19 AM   #3041
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Ifeel bad for you YSB.. i would have nightmares about leaving MGM after a UFC fight..... Speaking of witch... want to shoot some time this weekend?
I'd like to meet you in person some day.
Should somebody be calling Metro?
Unread 12-31-2011, 01:34 AM   #3042
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hey, back off! Ysb is the squirrel master's bytch! I hope you guys know what that's from!
Unread 12-31-2011, 02:51 AM   #3043
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I will be shooting tomorrow as well but at the desert hills club near boulder city. I do love shooting out in the desert too. But sporting clays just isn't possible on your own. I'm down for a big shoot sometime soon with whoever. My dad just bought an m1 garand and we are itching to get some good rounds through it.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2011, 03:57 AM   #3044
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

My uncle has a clays launcher that he hooks up to his jeep battery and it launches every few seconds or you can step on a button to launch! It's cool
Unread 12-31-2011, 07:09 AM   #3045
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Anyone know of any shops open today that can air chisel off that busted nut? hehe

From what I've been reading, that's about the only way to remove it. Afterwards, I'll just slap on a replacement nut and bolt.

There is a sense of urgency here. There's only one of the two bar pin bolts securing it now, but that kept slipping to the side, so I have a ratchet strap around the frame holding it against that one bolt. More so than a safety issue, my wife is telling me that since it's not safe to visit a few mines, we could use her days off to deep clean the house!

Polka, I tried tking pictures of it, but I couldn'tget teh lighting or the macro setting right. I'll try again when the sun comes up. You should see my road side ratchet strap ghetto repair.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.