Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2029 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 08-18-2013, 03:31 PM   #30421
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Marn I think that metering valve stem is supposed to be out all the time, it's been defective this whole time? Looking through my manual for the my Honcho it requires a special tool bolted on to hold it "in" (open) while you're bleeding the brakes.

And yes on the way it operates, manual says "The front brake metering valve assists in providing balanced front-to-rear braking. To accomplish this, the metering valve holds off (delays) full hydraulic fluid pressure to the front disc brakes until the rear drum brakes overcome return spring tension and the linings contact the drums."

I've mentioned before, but if you want to borrow my '78 manual it's all yours for a few days.

Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2013, 04:11 PM   #30422
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

We're a good jeep club that mostly talk about brakes, pre-runners, and guns. Jeeps are a very rare topic. Lol

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2013, 04:23 PM   #30423
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamrr View Post
I just bought a new Jeep and I'm ready to hit the trails. Is there a good Jeep club here in Las Vegas?
Warmachines702 is a great club to join. We goe wheelin' almost every weekend and no fees or club dues to join. Warmachines702.com is our website.
BTW welcome, and awesome looking JK! Oh and all the guys on this site are good guys to wheel and shoot with. Even if Jeeps are not the main topic, this part of JF is the best!
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #30424
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Oh man! The photo dude just sent me some teaser pics and damn!!!! I really wish I could post them but we've been specifically asked not to share them until they've been published!
Can you tell us which Magazine? And did you change tires for the flight shots? Doesn't look like the Grabbers in the second pic.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2013, 04:48 PM   #30425
sirhk100

Grabbers are mounted on the truck and the spares were two bfg projects. The grabbers had a light coat of armor all on them so as soon as we got done with the static shots and actually started driving it they quickly kinda disappeared in a layer of dirt! LOL I was railing some silt sections for picture so hard that it was coming off the front tires and flowing in thru the passenger side window net with my foot buried on the gas so I'm sure the rear was throwing as much as the fonts. LOL

Offroad Magazine.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #30426
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Grabbers are mounted on the truck and the spares were two bfg projects. The grabbers had a light coat of armor all on them so as soon as we got done with the static shots and actually started driving it they quickly kinda disappeared in a layer of dirt! LOL I was railing some silt sections for picture so hard that it was coming off the front tires and flowing in thru the passenger side window net with my foot buried on the gas so I'm sure the rear was throwing as much as the fonts. LOL

Offroad Magazine.
Hope to see it in print soon!

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 08-18-2013, 05:47 PM   #30427
sirhk100

Who knows when it'll actually see print. My experience with the magazine industry thru my job and previous jobs is kinda like they do the photos and get the info and then it's a waiting game to see when it actually shows up. Typically you hear from your friends about it before you actually see it. LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 01:19 AM   #30428
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

So slow here lately...
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 10:01 AM   #30429
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
So slow here lately...
Yeah it is...

I could possibly be leaving Vegas for good, might be going BACK to live in Seattle in the next couple months.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 08-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #30430
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ

Yeah it is...

I could possibly be leaving Vegas for good, might be going BACK to live in Seattle in the next couple months.
Where do you prefer?

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 08-19-2013, 01:48 PM   #30431
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I would not mind living up in the northwest, but I hear that everything up there is crazy expensive. Almost as bad as some spots in Cali.
Unread 08-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #30432
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball View Post
Marn I think that metering valve stem is supposed to be out all the time, it's been defective this whole time? Looking through my manual for the my Honcho it requires a special tool bolted on to hold it "in" (open) while you're bleeding the brakes.

And yes on the way it operates, manual says "The front brake metering valve assists in providing balanced front-to-rear braking. To accomplish this, the metering valve holds off (delays) full hydraulic fluid pressure to the front disc brakes until the rear drum brakes overcome return spring tension and the linings contact the drums."

I've mentioned before, but if you want to borrow my '78 manual it's all yours for a few days.
Yup, the pin has never popped forward. I have asked a number of people about this in the past and everybody was all "meh" and didnt really tell me anything.

I contacted BJ's offroad and I'll be pulling the prop valve out tonight, then putting it in the mail. They'll be sending a replacement as soon as they get it back.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 02:50 PM   #30433
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Where do you prefer?

I prefer WA myself. The weather is better and there is more to do up there then here. But the biggest thing is it'll be a better pkace to raise my son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
I would not mind living up in the northwest, but I hear that everything up there is crazy expensive. Almost as bad as some spots in Cali.
I drove up there a few years ago to visit and it's really not that expensive compared to here. Gas was about the same as with all of the food etc etc. And I was staying in Seattle not the outlying cities.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 08-19-2013, 07:56 PM   #30434
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Yup, the pin has never popped forward. I have asked a number of people about this in the past and everybody was all "meh" and didnt really tell me anything.

I contacted BJ's offroad and I'll be pulling the prop valve out tonight, then putting it in the mail. They'll be sending a replacement as soon as they get it back.
Hope that fixes it finally!
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 08:04 PM   #30435
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

off to the garage right now to get the prop valve pulled and boxed up.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.