Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2028 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-17-2013, 08:55 PM   #30406
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Does anyone know for certain if there would be any negative drivability effects from driving with the speedo gear removed? I k ow it will trip an engine code, but will it still run and drive like it should? Is the fuel level gauge integrated with the speed sensor for estimated fuel level like in bikes? Any input would be appreciated. Leaving at 4am, and still deciding in whether to just go for it in the jeep or accept the ride from the family. Opinions? Thanks. I'll keep in touch with pics!
Lolz. Modern cars.

Well hey at least yours works more than mine!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 10:23 PM   #30407
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Does anyone know for certain if there would be any negative drivability effects from driving with the speedo gear removed? I k ow it will trip an engine code, but will it still run and drive like it should? Is the fuel level gauge integrated with the speed sensor for estimated fuel level like in bikes? Any input would be appreciated. Leaving at 4am, and still deciding in whether to just go for it in the jeep or accept the ride from the family. Opinions? Thanks. I'll keep in touch with pics!
Not sure on a 2006 but on my old 2002 the only downside was a CEL. Everything else worked just fine. Even my cruise control still worked.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 10:26 PM   #30408
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Hey F'ers here are some cheap full doors
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/4008771916.html
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 11:54 PM   #30409
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81

Whos JK was damaged?
Keith's control arm and Kim's tailpipe. Before the trails today I had Ricky take a look at a few things on my rig, and ended up skipping the trails to drive home today instead; my track bar bracket was starting to tear off and trying to find a decent place on the weekend to do a quality job for a decent price was gonna be impossible so combined with some of the other stuff I decided to cut my losses and head home... then sat in traffic for just under 5 hours. Took FOREVER to get home after that 25+ mile traffic jam on the 15 before Baker.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 01:54 AM   #30410
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I've detoured through needles because of those backups....

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #30411
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Whelp made it into Hawthorne so far with the TJ!! Made it from Ann/95 to the first gas station in tonopah, with the gas light on for that last 10 miles. Rofl. Glad I got another Jerry can. So far, I'm pulling 11.93 mpg. Absolutely atrocious! The front diff has been spewing gear oil from the core support through the vent hose, so it's got a nice oil bath on the driver's fender. So far, speedo gear is holding its own. I installed a washer on the gear shaft, and it seems to have helped tremendously. Not a permanent fix, but it will work for this week.
The youngest daughter started puking just outside of Tonopah, so shes riding in the motorhome with the folks. she just got hot, i think. The sun was right on her window.
Jeep pics and more updates as they're available.
Unread 08-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #30412
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Some of you have been following my brake issues.

A week and a half ago I was out there and made sure to fix the one minor leak i had. It has sat since then.

I went out today and noticed the front of the prop valve was wet. "odd" i thought, i know i had fixed any leaks, and there were never any leaks on the front flare fittings anyway. It was a dark color, so either it was dirty or maybe had dried up a bit.

I hopped up, and pressed the brake pedal. it went to the floor with zero resistance. that has never happened. I checked the master cylinder and front reservoir was almost completely empty. Wha?! It has never leaked down any amount in the entire time I've been dealing with this. I got under the truck and the front of the prop valve was all wet again. I had the girl press the brake while I watched and it just gushed out fluid from the threaded fitting that the reset pin is in (metering valve).

See video: (sorry, flashlight was in my mouth, thats why i sound funny)

What the heck? I tried to tighten it and it moved a LITTLE but i was going to start stripping the brass hex head. I couldnt get it any tighter without risking damage. I pressed the pedal again and it was wet when i got under the truck.

So, my metering valve portion of my proportioning valve is leaking. Also please note that the pin on the front of my prop valve has never popped forward. It's always "in".

I dont know alot about this stuff, but from my understanding the rear builds pressure first then the metering valve allows fluid to the front. My rear brakes have worked fine this whole time, i could lock em up, but the front wouldn't work. IT seems like maybe this was preventing the front from being able to pressurize, or perhaps it was trapping air or allowing air to enter. I don't know, but it sure seems like the metering valve in my prop valve isnt working right, which would maybe explain why my front brakes have never worked right.

Obviously at this point I know I need a replacement prop valve, but could this have been causing my issues? The only weird thing is that this didn't happen in any extent close to this before. Occasionally the front of the valve would have a drop after sitting but i figured that was the flare fittings, and i hadnt seen it leak since.

Thoughts?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 08-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #30413
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yesterday you were complaining about not being able to seeing target at 800 yards. Well I'm sure you'll be able to see the Wagoneer at 800 yards, so, new possible target to practice with? Haha
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 01:30 PM   #30414
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Maybe throw some thread sealer or Teflon tape on the bolt?

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #30415
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I think brake fluid will pretty much eat through any sealer you try to use.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 01:45 PM   #30416
sirhk100

Well, the race truck is now flight tested!!! All I can say is the shots the dude got are uhhhhh, pretty legit! LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 01:46 PM   #30417
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
Maybe throw some thread sealer or Teflon tape on the bolt?

Posted from outer space.
why should i bandaid a brand new $100 defective part? lol. I'll be calling BJ's offroad on monday.

Quote:

Unread 08-18-2013, 01:46 PM   #30418
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
Yesterday you were complaining about not being able to seeing target at 800 yards. Well I'm sure you'll be able to see the Wagoneer at 800 yards, so, new possible target to practice with? Haha
why shoot it? this may actually make it work.

Quote:

Unread 08-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #30419
sirhk100

Oh man! The photo dude just sent me some teaser pics and damn!!!! I really wish I could post them but we've been specifically asked not to share them until they've been published! All I can say is that truck was flying this morning! LOL Should look friggen amazing in print!

EDIT
Check that... My friend just emailed me a couple that he took while we were out there that I am allowed to show... The air shot, yeah, I went even bigger earlier. This was actually after the actual photo shoot, we went back to take a couple ourselves! LOL

Like I said, I went bigger for the real pictures! LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #30420
Dreamrr

I just bought a new Jeep and I'm ready to hit the trails. Is there a good Jeep club here in Las Vegas?
image.jpg  
Dreamrr is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.