Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2025 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 08-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #30361
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
I have a question.

My buddy has an f-150 and needs me to do brakes on it.

this means it has hub/rotors.

How do you get these rotors turned? I recall taking a set in to get them turned from an F250 once and they said they cant turn them with the races in the hub.
Does your buddy understand your own brake troubles? He must be really desperate to be asking for brake help from the doctor! Haha

MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #30362
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
I have a question.

How do you get these rotors turned? I recall taking a set in to get them turned from an F250 once and they said they cant turn them with the races in the hub.
Knock the wheel studs out and separate the hub from the rotor.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #30363
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
the photo dude to actually make a committed time and then actually stick to it. LOL
You know Dave has a photography business right?
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #30364
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
Does your buddy understand your own brake troubles? He must be really desperate to be asking for brake help from the doctor! Haha
Quiet you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Knock the wheel studs out and separate the hub from the rotor.
That sure sounds like a lot of work.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #30365
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I have a question.

My wife's old explorer had the same setup on the rotors. I contemplated getting them turned for a few min then said, screw this crap and bought new rotors.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #30366
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I take it that it isn't a newer f-150. I've done mine and never had the issue. They would just turn them and call it good. My only problem was calling 3 parts stores that told me they can't turn rotors to find out the o'reilly has the lathe but did t know how to use it. I asked if I could do it myself and they said no.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #30367
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I take it that it isn't a newer f-150. I've done mine and never had the issue. They would just turn them and call it good. My only problem was calling 3 parts stores that told me they can't turn rotors to find out the o'reilly has the lathe but did t know how to use it. I asked if I could do it myself and they said no.
its a 2007. all the parts on the interwebs show a hub/rotor assembly

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 08-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #30368
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
You know Dave has a photography business right?
I'm pretty sure I have to use the photo dude they're sending out. The dude just happens to be a total flake it seems.

On the F150 rotors, if they're similar to what's on my exploder the rotor is actually also part of the hub. It's not like just a rotor that slides onto the studs. The hub bearing races are actually pressed right into the rotor and the bearings ride inside the rotors on the hub spindle.

Entire replacement rotors should be pretty cheap. I've done wheel bearings on mine and they weren't difficult at all, a punch and hammer drove the old ones out no problem. I also set the new ones the same way, no special tools.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 01:35 PM   #30369
sirhk100

Quote:
its a 2007. all the parts on the interwebs show a hub/rotor assembly
Didn't see this while posting above, ignore mine... I have no clue what a '07 is setup with.

Unread 08-16-2013, 01:42 PM   #30370
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

the damn hub/rotor is 90 bucks each.

The reason he is having me do the work is because its cheap.

that just went out the window! haha

Quote:

Unread 08-16-2013, 01:43 PM   #30371
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Got the new speedo gear and sensor housing from Adam's today. Installed it in the parking lot. Their tech even came out and looked at it. He doesn't know why it's doing that either. Got home an checked it, same effing ish! Mushroomed on both pieces! WTFFFFFFF?! Faaawwwwkkk! WTF?
Unread 08-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #30372
sirhk100

I'd sell it power... Get a civic maybe?

Unread 08-16-2013, 01:53 PM   #30373
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

After all the work and mods and other crap, THIS is what F***s me!?
Unread 08-16-2013, 01:54 PM   #30374
sirhk100

LOL, you an Marn have something in common!

Unread 08-16-2013, 02:06 PM   #30375
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I feel his pain! NO ONE can tell me why it's happening though. That's the worst part. I'm contemplating still driving it up to Tahoe, but worried that it will fail between fill ups and it will cook the TC. Not sure it's worth the risk.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.