Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2019 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 08-12-2013, 01:11 AM   #30271
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Np, I will try to swing by tomorrow if I can. I even put those free newspapers in for you.

Also if we put your xfer case in powr's jeep it would be like preserving it, or putting it in a museum. Not like he ever hits the trail anyways.
Thanks!

It is not the trail that I worry about when it comes to the way Powr drives. Lead foot in a lifted Jeep is not a recipe for longevity...

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 01:45 AM   #30272
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

Thanks!

It is not the trail that I worry about when it comes to the way Powr drives. Lead foot in a lifted Jeep is not a recipe for longevity...
Trust me, that lead foot has gotten quite a bit lighter! I drive more like a normal person should. No quick shift attempts, no 80+ mph freeway trips, no taking corners hot, basically, no fun! Rofl.
Unread 08-12-2013, 08:22 AM   #30273
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Trust me, that lead foot has gotten quite a bit lighter! I drive more like a normal person should. No quick shift attempts, no 80+ mph freeway trips, no taking corners hot, basically, no fun! Rofl.
Why'd you buy a jeep again? Sounds like this could be the solution...

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3884281309.html

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #30274
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Thanks!

Lead foot in a lifted Jeep is not a recipe for longevity...
Why not? My view is that anything that breaks is a time to upgrade. Engine blows...better engine, axles break....better axles...and so on.....
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 09:43 AM   #30275
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post

Why not? My view is that anything that breaks is a time to upgrade. Engine blows...better engine, axles break....better axles...and so on.....
Better hope that your wife does not have those same views. Haha
Unread 08-12-2013, 09:48 AM   #30276
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Better hope that your wife does not have those same views. Haha
Adam Levine just got engaged so I'm not worried now........kind of funny though, that he is who her famous crush is and she picked a short stocky guy lol
Unread 08-12-2013, 10:05 AM   #30277
sirhk100

"If" I can get the race truck back together between tonight and tomorrow night could I swing by and grab the trailer tomorrow evening? I'd return it Thursday afternoon/eve.

Unread 08-12-2013, 10:11 AM   #30278
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Okay friends. I have decided i HAVE TO GET MY BRAKES WORKING. I'm not even trying to sound dramatic when I say it literally pains me every day that i cannot get this figured out.

I don't know what to do next.

Any suggestions?

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 10:24 AM   #30279
sirhk100

Sell it? Fire? Target practice? Take it to midas? Have it stolen? Donate it? Recycle it? Part it out?

Unread 08-12-2013, 10:31 AM   #30280
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I think it's time to set up a sat garage session and everyone can put their heads together and figure it out.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 10:37 AM   #30281
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Sell it? Fire? Target practice? Take it to midas? Have it stolen? Donate it? Recycle it? Part it out?
Worst ideas ever. Jeeze.

I would take it to Just Brakes, because they really do care! God Khris, dont you know ANYTHING?!!!?

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 10:38 AM   #30282
sirhk100

Thanks, now I have that stupid slogan song in my head... And for the record... I do know something! 2+2=4!!!!! I also know class 9 buggies are not meant to fly like this. (class 9 is basically 100% stock VW swing axle rear suspension and beams up front with a bolt on race shock at most, probably 8-9" of travel at most as well)

Unread 08-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #30283
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Have you considered trying a brake pressure gauge too make sure that you are producing enough pressure?
Unread 08-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #30284
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Have you considered trying a brake pressure gauge too make sure that you are producing enough pressure?
I suggested that, but Marn doesn't want to do all these "extra things"

Marn, get a brake pressure gauge and I'll tell you what you need to do. It is actually pretty easy. That will tell us really good info about what's going on!!
Unread 08-12-2013, 11:32 AM   #30285
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
"If" I can get the race truck back together between tonight and tomorrow night could I swing by and grab the trailer tomorrow evening? I'd return it Thursday afternoon/eve.
Yep, no prob as long as I have it back Thursday night/Friday morning. I'm headed to Big Bear for some wheeling on Friday.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.