Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2019 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Reply
Unread 08-12-2013, 01:11 AM   #30271
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Np, I will try to swing by tomorrow if I can. I even put those free newspapers in for you.



Also if we put your xfer case in powr's jeep it would be like preserving it, or putting it in a museum. Not like he ever hits the trail anyways.
Thanks!

It is not the trail that I worry about when it comes to the way Powr drives. Lead foot in a lifted Jeep is not a recipe for longevity...

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 01:45 AM   #30272
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

Thanks!

It is not the trail that I worry about when it comes to the way Powr drives. Lead foot in a lifted Jeep is not a recipe for longevity...
Trust me, that lead foot has gotten quite a bit lighter! I drive more like a normal person should. No quick shift attempts, no 80+ mph freeway trips, no taking corners hot, basically, no fun! Rofl.
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 08:22 AM   #30273
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Trust me, that lead foot has gotten quite a bit lighter! I drive more like a normal person should. No quick shift attempts, no 80+ mph freeway trips, no taking corners hot, basically, no fun! Rofl.
Why'd you buy a jeep again? Sounds like this could be the solution...

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3884281309.html
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #30274
Garza
Vendor
 
Garza's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Thanks!

Lead foot in a lifted Jeep is not a recipe for longevity...
Why not? My view is that anything that breaks is a time to upgrade. Engine blows...better engine, axles break....better axles...and so on.....
__________________
'05 LSJ
www.4lowparts.com
Black Magic Brakes
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 09:43 AM   #30275
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post

Why not? My view is that anything that breaks is a time to upgrade. Engine blows...better engine, axles break....better axles...and so on.....
Better hope that your wife does not have those same views. Haha
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 09:48 AM   #30276
Garza
Vendor
 
Garza's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Better hope that your wife does not have those same views. Haha
Adam Levine just got engaged so I'm not worried now........kind of funny though, that he is who her famous crush is and she picked a short stocky guy lol
__________________
'05 LSJ
www.4lowparts.com
Black Magic Brakes
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 10:05 AM   #30277
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,328
"If" I can get the race truck back together between tonight and tomorrow night could I swing by and grab the trailer tomorrow evening? I'd return it Thursday afternoon/eve.
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 10:11 AM   #30278
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,506
Okay friends. I have decided i HAVE TO GET MY BRAKES WORKING. I'm not even trying to sound dramatic when I say it literally pains me every day that i cannot get this figured out.

I don't know what to do next.

Any suggestions?
__________________
Andrew

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 10:24 AM   #30279
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,328
Sell it? Fire? Target practice? Take it to midas? Have it stolen? Donate it? Recycle it? Part it out?
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 10:31 AM   #30280
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,824
I think it's time to set up a sat garage session and everyone can put their heads together and figure it out.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 10:37 AM   #30281
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Sell it? Fire? Target practice? Take it to midas? Have it stolen? Donate it? Recycle it? Part it out?
Worst ideas ever. Jeeze.

I would take it to Just Brakes, because they really do care! God Khris, dont you know ANYTHING?!!!?
__________________
Andrew

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 10:38 AM   #30282
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,328
Thanks, now I have that stupid slogan song in my head... And for the record... I do know something! 2+2=4!!!!! I also know class 9 buggies are not meant to fly like this. (class 9 is basically 100% stock VW swing axle rear suspension and beams up front with a bolt on race shock at most, probably 8-9" of travel at most as well)

__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #30283
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,618
Have you considered trying a brake pressure gauge too make sure that you are producing enough pressure?
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #30284
Garza
Vendor
 
Garza's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Have you considered trying a brake pressure gauge too make sure that you are producing enough pressure?
I suggested that, but Marn doesn't want to do all these "extra things"

Marn, get a brake pressure gauge and I'll tell you what you need to do. It is actually pretty easy. That will tell us really good info about what's going on!!
__________________
'05 LSJ
www.4lowparts.com
Black Magic Brakes
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 11:32 AM   #30285
Garza
Vendor
 
Garza's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
"If" I can get the race truck back together between tonight and tomorrow night could I swing by and grab the trailer tomorrow evening? I'd return it Thursday afternoon/eve.
Yep, no prob as long as I have it back Thursday night/Friday morning. I'm headed to Big Bear for some wheeling on Friday.
__________________
'05 LSJ
www.4lowparts.com
Black Magic Brakes
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.