Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2013 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 08-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #30181
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
ugh.

We have an AC unit in here that keeps things cool, but I leave it on energy saver so it doesnt make noise consonantly.

i have a small fan behind me to my right that keeps a breeze on me so I stay cooler without having the AC set to like 60*.

I just had to sneeze, and turned around away from my desk and let it rip. directly in front of the fan. It was nice, actually, almost like i had a mister installed.
I could have went all day without hearing that last part and been just fine.

B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2013, 12:14 PM   #30182
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
I have never been able to surrender a plate or get hit on by a DMV employee via the internet or mail
who surrenders plates? lol. The only time I did that was when I drove a car in from out of state. We have like 50 license plates on our wall haha

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #30183
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
I could have went all day without hearing that last part and been just fine.
dont be jealous. I can come sneeze on you too if you want to get cooled down.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 08-09-2013, 12:18 PM   #30184
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
who surrenders plates? lol. The only time I did that was when I drove a car in from out of state. We have like 50 license plates on our wall haha
For someone that's money conscious this surprises me. I've always surrendered at least the rear one cause they typically give you a prorated refund for the remainder of your year's registration. At least they have for every Nev plate I've turned in so far, Monte Carlo, Mazda 3, Jeep, white exploder, etc... Actually cause the white explorer and the red one were the same year and everything I turned the plate in, they issued me a new one and it basically just rolled right over cause I happened to do it just after I'd renewed my white one's annual tags. Still had some fees for the new registration but turning in the plate covered like 90% of the registration for Red that I would've had to have paid had I not turned them in.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2013, 12:19 PM   #30185
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
ugh.

We have an AC unit in here that keeps things cool, but I leave it on energy saver so it doesnt make noise consonantly.

i have a small fan behind me to my right that keeps a breeze on me so I stay cooler without having the AC set to like 60*.

I just had to sneeze, and turned around away from my desk and let it rip. directly in front of the fan. It was nice, actually, almost like i had a mister installed.
Roflmao! EWWW!
Unread 08-09-2013, 12:31 PM   #30186
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
For someone that's money conscious this surprises me. I've always surrendered at least the rear one cause they typically give you a prorated refund for the remainder of your year's registration. At least they have for every Nev plate I've turned in so far, Monte Carlo, Mazda 3, Jeep, white exploder, etc...
The wrangler had NH plates when sold, no need to turn in.

The magnum had NH plates when i bought it, so that wasnt on me. I have those left over on the wall. I have "MADMXMA" (from my wrangler, originally from my 2000 maxima) plates from NH and "MS-HEMI" plates (thank mom for that haha).

When I sold the magnum I may or may not have turned one in, I dont remember. I think I was like a month away from registration so I didnt bother. So, I have all of those plates. I have only technically sold 1 vehicle with NV plates.

The other plates I have are because:
1. I changed plates on the wagoneer
2. we changed plates on the nova twice,
3. I got a plate with the camper, then changed that.
4. We got the original plates with the challenger, but dani changed them so we never turned those in.

Then we have the IL plates from the Nova that came on it.

just a **** load of plates on the wall haha. Hanging under my poster with the bartender from Rush Hour on it.

Unread 08-09-2013, 12:39 PM   #30187
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

and my second daily rant. Why would a dealership take a 10A Rubicon and do this to it? The only things that left on it that was special about the 10A was the seats and dash plaque. What makes it worse is they replaced all of the 10A stuff with procomp and smittybilt crap. They did do fenders and rhino line the whole Jeep... but @ $59,999 I would expect quality stuff and I would want all of the 10A stuff that they took off. The 10A bumpers and hood would easily get you around $3k.

http://www.prestigechryslerjeepdodge...d7dab2175a.htm
Unread 08-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #30188
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
and my second daily rant. Why would a dealership take a 10A Rubicon and do this to it? The only things that left on it that was special about the 10A was the seats and dash plaque. What makes it worse is they replaced all of the 10A stuff with procomp and smittybilt crap. They did do fenders and rhino line the whole Jeep... but @ $59,999 I would expect quality stuff and I would want all of the 10A stuff that they took off. The 10A bumpers and hood would easily get you around $3k.

http://www.prestigechryslerjeepdodge...d7dab2175a.htm
what is a 10A?

Unread 08-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #30189
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Little bastard deserved it! Graffiti isn't art, it's vandalism!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/09...ked-by-police/
Unread 08-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #30190
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

what is a 10A?
10th anniversary rubicon. It's ugly to start with.
Edit:
I can't see past those hideous red seats! The JKUR in Greg's post is actually an improvement over the 10A, IMO. I don't understand why everyone hates on smittybilt stuff. Their hard parts have been awesome for my application. They're taken some seriously hard hits with no problems. Their soft parts, maybe another story, don't know. I've heard bad things about the seat covers. The gear storage systems I have seem to be holding up well.
Not sure I like the lift they installed, but it does look good, and you wouldn't have to worry about paint scratches, lol.
Unread 08-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #30191
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

What's ugly about it? While I am not a fan about the red interior, they did a bunch in black too. Otherwise it has larger KM1 tires, sliders with rock rails, a front bumper that can be configured as a stubby and accepts a winch, an AEV style heat reduction hood, different gauge cluster, dash plaques, and a few other things that I am missing. OH and the gauge cluster does a digital read out for both water and trans temps.
Unread 08-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #30192
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

ah. 10th anniversary.

Unread 08-09-2013, 01:29 PM   #30193
sirhk100

Funny, most legit artist probably don't draw attraction from cops and feel the need to run from them when approached about their art. If he was truly just an artist he maybe shouldn't have ran from them and then turned to charge them once cornered... Oh well, life goes on...

Unread 08-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #30194
sirhk100

BTW, Marn, since you're a fan of the presidents I figured maybe you'd want to know that Green Jelly is playing tonight at LVCS. Seems like it may be up there with your style of music! Little pig little pig let me in! LOL

Unread 08-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #30195
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Little bastard deserved it! Graffiti isn't art, it's vandalism!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/09...ked-by-police/
I think death is a little severe a punishment for vandalism. What I think is interesting about this story is at no point did this guy take any action that put anyone in danger; he was simply trying to run away. I think the taser is excessive for a vandal trying to run from the cops since it is known to have a risk of death.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.