Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 201 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 12-29-2011, 03:03 PM   #3001
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
I've got pics of mtn lion prints outside of Nelson in a canyon, right next to deer tracks! I really want to see a mtn lion in the wild, but don't like why it would mean to be so close. They're my favorite animal. They are truly amazing animals!
That would be like seeing Chuck Norris. If you see him and you're alive then he let you live. Otherwise you wouldn't hear him coming.

PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 03:42 PM   #3002
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, it's a gamble. If it sees you, you better be in a cage or car cause it can and will get you.
Unread 12-29-2011, 07:03 PM   #3003
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

What's with the moment of silence?
Unread 12-29-2011, 07:48 PM   #3004
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
What's with the moment of silence?
I was squeezing in one more MRI on my insurance today before the new year starts. They had no record of my appointment that was made almost 4 months ago, so I had to wait until they had some room to fit me in.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 07:51 PM   #3005
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Where about did you see them. I've always heard you can find mountain lions this far south but the furthest south I've ever seen them is around Alamo. I have seen a few bobcats though.
If you take Blue Diamond towards Pahrump it was on the other side of the peak. We also saw one inside Red Rock Canyon just before the peak along Rocky Gap Rd.

We haven't found anything positive that says there are Mt. Lions in Red Rock Canyon, but we're fairly certain we did. We're almost sure it had a cub with it too, but it was up the valley before we could get our cameras on it.
Unread 12-29-2011, 07:56 PM   #3006
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Yeah, it's a gamble. If it sees you, you better be in a cage or car cause it can and will get you.
Speaking of the cage, I have my tickets for UFC 141 tomorrow! Lesnar vs. Overeem! Battle of the steroid monsters!

Not sure why they are having it tomorrow. Their events are usually on Saturdays.
ufc141-1.jpg  
Unread 12-29-2011, 08:05 PM   #3007
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Those are some big boys! I was at the fashion show mall last week and the owner of one of the places came in. He was probably 5'10, 325-350, and maybe 5% body fat! Huge, veins sticking out of veins big!
Unread 12-29-2011, 08:37 PM   #3008
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny

Speaking of the cage, I have my tickets for UFC 141 tomorrow! Lesnar vs. Overeem! Battle of the steroid monsters!

Not sure why they are having it tomorrow. Their events are usually on Saturdays.
It's because of new years or so I heard on the radio today. Did you get a hook up on the tix or pay. I don't think i would ever pay to go mostly because of the enormous amounts of ****** walking around.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 08:53 PM   #3009
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I try to go to all the local events. I have a friend at MGM arena that gets me seats. The UFC doesn't like to air with empty seats, so if an event doesn't sell out they give away tickets. What my friend does is get me tickets to any seats before the event, but when the event starts he takes those seats from me and moves me closer. There were only a few events where I wasn't floor level.

I've sat behind Dana White a few times. He sure does cuss a lot.
Unread 12-29-2011, 08:56 PM   #3010
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Overeem swears he doesn't use steroids.

I have no dilusions about Lesnar and his steroid use, but at least he's passed all of his random tests since entering the UFC. He was in the WWE, so nobody is surprised he's used steroids. I'm no fan of Lesnar's, by the way. Take away his size and there's really nothing exceptional about his fighting.

Overeem originally refused to fight anywhere but Japan where there is no required steroid testing. He also failed to provide a required sample to the Nevada State Athletic Commission claiming he didn't know about the required test. He took the required test two weeks later. Conveniently, two weeks is about the maximum most steroid compounds will test hot. He's fighting under a provisional NSAC license.
overeem-timeline.jpg  
Unread 12-29-2011, 09:02 PM   #3011
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Also, I'm picking Lesnar for the win. Overeem is a great striker, but he hasn't been up against as powerful a wrestler as Lesnar before.

Lesnar, TKO by ground and pound, first round.
Unread 12-29-2011, 10:22 PM   #3012
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Overeem was likely a more effective fighter before he tripled in size. It's difficult to swing an 80lb legs over your head! And flexibility goes bye bye when you get huge! Tendons and ligaments tighten along with the muscle-it's a natural way to prevent injury. I agree with Ysb, he'll go down an out.
Unread 12-29-2011, 10:40 PM   #3013
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Wait...why are YOU king?? Ysb should be king. Long live the king long live the king! Ok enough of that, it's dumb, sorry.
Hey man, who am I to question the local news? If Ron Burgundy taught me anything, it's that the local news is never wrong about this stuff.
Unread 12-29-2011, 11:34 PM   #3014
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw

Hey man, who am I to question the local news? If Ron Burgundy taught me anything, it's that the local news is never wrong about this stuff.
F off San Diego. I love that movie. My wife does not.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 11:55 PM   #3015
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post

That's pretty cool. I can't say that I am not jealous because I am. If Lesnar doesn't win it's staged. He is just a rotten bad and angry person. I wish I could see it. I bet is doesn't last 3 rounds. At that size one hit it's over. Cheers.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.