Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2006 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 08-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #30076
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Glad to see that you had a blast. I really like 168 too. After the single lane part when you get up in the high country is where that radar array is that I was telling you about.

Good thing the raptors did not come after you, I heard those things are fast in the dirt

Unread 08-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #30077
sirhk100

They started coming down from their lookout spot so I hopped back in and took off. LOL I'm sure they just reversed right back into their location at that point. I'm sure they can run 100+ down those roads easily but the amount of dust in the mirror at 90mph... LOL good luck!

I've got two new locations I want to go weekend camping and exploring now for sure! That area up near 168 is one of them. So many endless dirt roads climbing to the ridgelines all around.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 10:02 AM   #30078
4x4Brit
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
They started coming down from their lookout spot so I hopped back in and took off. LOL I'm sure they just reversed right back into their location at that point. I'm sure they can run 100+ down those roads easily but the amount of dust in the mirror at 90mph... LOL good luck!
I took one of my UFO crazed friends up there one time. They just sat there chilling and watching. I always imagined they had some high powered scope and rifle covering us. Most likely my friend as he was the one who walked up to get a closer shot of the sign
4x4Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #30079
sirhk100

As soon as I stepped out they started driving down towards me so I took that as my sign to leave. For all I know they wanted to check out my hooptie but I wasn't in the talking mood. LOL

Unread 08-06-2013, 10:40 AM   #30080
sirhk100

Those of you that have seen me doing angle cuts on my chop saw without the backstop in use. They sometimes catch and explode the blade and rip the tube thru... Yeah, scary crap and safety last! Guy on another forum had less luck then I have in the past it looks like.

Which is now turning into a contest... This was a hand grinder whoops...

Unread 08-06-2013, 10:47 AM   #30081
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Those of you that have seen me doing angle cuts on my chop saw without the backstop in use. They sometimes catch and explode the blade and rip the tube thru... Yeah, scary crap and safety last! Guy on another forum had less luck then I have in the past it looks like.

Thats lots of yummy...
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #30082
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

The 168 is a crazy road. I did it in my magnum and had to stay slow.

The day dani moved to mammoth she took the 168.

It was a snow storm and the road was closed. She didnt know any better. Put on her chains and went for it. Being night she didn realize she was next to all these 1500' drop offs. Dummy!

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 11:13 AM   #30083
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post

I have that lift kit and mine rides really nice, actually better than stock. I know some have not had the same experience with the RC stuff and some on here just hate RC to be a hater and have never been in anything with RC stuff. But I like mine and it was a good investment for me. Khris and I must have installed it correctly or something because it works very well!
Maybe it was the nitros on the rear I dunno. The N2.0 YJ kit rode nice but the TJ kit rode like crap and didn't sit level.
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #30084
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

Makes my armgina look like nothing

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 11:23 AM   #30085
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Yeah I had to take the jeep to Mammoth last year because of 168. They had some light snow and all of the signs said that they did not plow at night.

If you think those drop offs are nice you should check out 190 through death valley or the back way into Yosemite.
Unread 08-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #30086
sirhk100

I've only done 190 from east of where 178 hits. Never been on the stretch between 395 and 178 though.

I took my old lowered mazda 3 across 168 two summers ago and it bottomed out on a couple of the g-outs and I aired it out of one of them once. It's one of the few times I can actually say I really was having fun on pavement. If all roads were like that I'd have a lot more interest in street cars.

BTW, I gave some friends of a friend a ride from crowley lake down to big pine. They were all extreme ultra runners. One of them held the record on the John Muir Trail for fastest to hike it a few years back. He said his record has been beat a few times since and actually that's what they were up there for this past weekend to help support a record attempt. It's like 223 miles long and the two guys this weekend beat the previous one by like an hour and a half and did the full 223 miles in 3 days, 12 hours... Let that one sink in!!! The guy riding in the back seat of the explorer said when he held it he had it at 4 days and 3 hours.

Unread 08-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #30087
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

That's one of the best things about the east coast. Lots of curvy back roads where there aren't many people. Downside is the fact that deer and moose are everywhere. I had a guy show me pics of a deer he hit doing 100+ on his r1. He basically cut the deer in half and didn't lay the bike down.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 12:12 PM   #30088
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Anyone happen to have a 39 tooth speedo gear?
I have a couple speedo gears. I will try to remember to count teeth when I get home.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 12:19 PM   #30089
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

^If I don't have the gear, I got mine from PartsMike for like $30 I think. Worth checking. They doubled in price a couple years ago for some reason.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 12:42 PM   #30090
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff View Post
I have a couple speedo gears. I will try to remember to count teeth when I get home.
Thank you. I have a couple I can trade, or just buy it from you.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.