Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 20 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 03-17-2011, 10:43 PM   #286
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ View Post
thanks. im hoping some people want to get together and wheel
I might be down....text or call me tomorrow night. 940-632-7633....Ricky

Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2011, 10:43 PM   #287
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

what the plan on the waggy?

im hoping its a nice weekend.

its been a while since ive wheeled vegas. last time i did i ran the corn creek trail that takes you all the way behind the mountain.
if no one wants to run logandale is there any good places around town that have some rocks? i dont want to hit up just the dunes or a fire rd?

-chris

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2011, 10:47 PM   #288
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

im hoping its a nice weekend.

its been a while since ive wheeled vegas. last time i did i ran the corn creek trail that takes you all the way behind the mountain.
if no one wants to run logandale is there any good places around town that have some rocks? i dont want to hit up just the dunes or a fire rd?

-chris
And actually we could run potato ridge trail.....Red rock....I had a blast out there and it's closer than Logandale......like 15 min from my house
Unread 03-17-2011, 10:49 PM   #289
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

i was actually just looking up the potato ridge trail right now before i even read your post. haha

Unread 03-17-2011, 10:52 PM   #290
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
I might be down....text or call me tomorrow night. 940-632-7633....Ricky
i probably wont get into vegas til tomorrow night then have to hit up the DMV first thing sat if they're open. gotta renew my licence.

after that im down to wheel anytime sat.

how is the potato ridge trail?

Unread 03-17-2011, 11:02 PM   #291
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

It's really rocky terrain. More technical crawling than ledges and hill climbs like Logandale......not really a hard core pic or difficult spot on the trail lol...but here is my rig there about 3weeks ago or so.

Unread 03-18-2011, 12:26 AM   #292
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
It's really rocky terrain. More technical crawling than ledges and hill climbs like Logandale......not really a hard core pic or difficult spot on the trail lol...but here is my rig there about 3weeks ago or so.
The waggy made it up and over with absolutely no problem, and its a 5000 pound 40 year old pig with no flex haha.

However, i heard that the heavy rains made it a hell of a different trail than 2 months before when I ran it most recently.

My TJ on 3" with 32's used to make it over with zero issues as well.

There are ways around most of the hard stuff, at least when I went last.

This was in the fall:

If my old iron could make it...im sure you'll be fine.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2011, 12:30 AM   #293
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
I've got a reportedly running and decent condition 360 from an 87 Grand Waggy thats ready to be dropped in so I can rebuild my original motor to whatever specs I want.

I figure, since the engine is coming out, might as well drop the tranny...and here is where the slippery slope begins.

since the tranny is coming out and leaks like a sive might as well learn how to rebuild it. (external leaks precede internal leaks).

since the tranny is out and being rebuilt, I might as well re do all the gaskets and seals on the transfer case thats attached to the tranny

Since the tranny is getting rebuilt, its time for a new torque converter.

Since everything else that leaks is getting repaired, I might as well drop in a new steering box.

See what I'm talking about?

And I'm hoping to get it all done and running in like 4 weekends.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 03-18-2011, 07:50 AM   #294
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

that looks like a pretty fun trail. nothing too serious just a fun day outting.

so sat sounds like a good day for anyone that can make it?

anyone that wants to go let me know on here or text me at 702-541-0296.

ill be hooking the jeep up to the truck this afternoon after work and heading out.

-chris

Unread 03-18-2011, 07:54 AM   #295
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
I've got a reportedly running and decent condition 360 from an 87 Grand Waggy thats ready to be dropped in so I can rebuild my original motor to whatever specs I want.

I figure, since the engine is coming out, might as well drop the tranny...and here is where the slippery slope begins.

since the tranny is coming out and leaks like a sive might as well learn how to rebuild it. (external leaks precede internal leaks).

since the tranny is out and being rebuilt, I might as well re do all the gaskets and seals on the transfer case thats attached to the tranny

Since the tranny is getting rebuilt, its time for a new torque converter.

Since everything else that leaks is getting repaired, I might as well drop in a new steering box.

See what I'm talking about?

And I'm hoping to get it all done and running in like 4 weekends.
hahahahaha i love how one thing always leads into another.

i wish i was in town for more than the weekend. i would definitely throw you a hand. i just got done rebuiling my tcase and doing a true nuetral plate and SYE on it.

Unread 03-18-2011, 09:44 AM   #296
RogerG
2008 JK Wrangler 

If i get my TJ registered today ill join you guys for I just got it 2 days ago.My JK is in the shop getting regeared and locked.Wont be getting it back till next week.

06 Jeep Rubicon w/5.5" Teraflex long arm + 1" body lift rolling on 35-12.5-17 BFG KM2 on 7031 ProComp Alloys
RogerG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2011, 11:07 AM   #297
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I'm in for sure on Sat. '92 vegas yj I put your # in my phone and RogerG take my number down if you can make it.

We can pick a place to meet up prior to heading out or whatever. I am going to try and contact some local guys that know the area better than myself (i've only been once). I prefer to enter from the Pahrump side and exit the Red Rock/215 side. Or if you guys know anyone else that wants to go, let them know.

Ricky
Unread 03-18-2011, 11:22 AM   #298
VegasMatt

2008 JK Wrangler 

Sweet Rubi Roger! Did you pick that up here in town? And where'd you go for your regear, Adam's?
97 TJ SE (RIP)
97 R850R (sold)
98 CBR 600F3 (sold)
VegasMatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2011, 12:43 PM   #299
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
If i get my TJ registered today ill join you guys for I just got it 2 days ago.My JK is in the shop getting regeared and locked.Wont be getting it back till next week.

I think you have too many awesome jeeps, you should let me hold onto that TJ for you, ya know, so it isnt in your way!

Unread 03-18-2011, 01:36 PM   #300
RogerG
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMatt View Post
Sweet Rubi Roger! Did you pick that up here in town? And where'd you go for your regear, Adam's?
Thanks.Yep i got the TJ locally..its been wheeled but mostly dirt trails,never been on the rocks.It only have 30k miles on it too.I found it on craigslist.

I broke the JKs trackbar mount under the driver side so i had it trussed and the axles sleeved since they were going to work around that area.Talk about death wobble when my axle finally went.

4wheel parts are doing the gears (513) since they were doing it might as well add Eaton selectable lockers for the front to save on labor cost.I was going to buy some 37s but pushed back later after all the stuff done on the JK.

06 Jeep Rubicon w/5.5" Teraflex long arm + 1" body lift rolling on 35-12.5-17 BFG KM2 on 7031 ProComp Alloys
RogerG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.