Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1997 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #29941
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Probably just for fun. If you have ever tried to nail a jackrabbit that was on the run with a rifle it is no easy task.

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 11:35 AM   #29942
Puck81
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I have zero remorse for pest animals. Be it rabbit, rat, coyote, birds, or any of the like. They may not be on my land, however they could go onto some ones land and cause issues. I know some people dont like to kill for sport and i respect that, but i do, and will. Animals like deer, elk or sheep. I will eat if i kill it.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 11:38 AM   #29943
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I see no problem with it puck. This is America do what you want. Saying that in a non joking way.
Unread 08-02-2013, 11:39 AM   #29944
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
Probably just for fun. If you have ever tried to nail a jackrabbit that was on the run with a rifle it is no easy task.
I'm sure it isn't, but that is why they make trap throwers that shoot clays to mimic a rabbit. I don't see the point in killing something for the hell of it. And why kill 8 of them and some rats as well? Don't get me wrong, I'm no tree-hugger, but I just don't see the point of mindless killing of an animal, especially if you're just leaving it to rot.
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #29945
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

To make the pile bigger.
Roflmao
Unread 08-02-2013, 11:45 AM   #29946
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG

I'm sure it isn't, but that is why they make trap throwers that shoot clays to mimic a rabbit. I don't see the point in killing something for the hell of it. And why kill 8 of them and some rats as well? Don't get me wrong, I'm no tree-hugger, but I just don't see the point of mindless killing of an animal, especially if you're just leaving it to rot.
Tree hugging hipster! Lol
Unread 08-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #29947
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81
I have zero remorse for pest animals. Be it rabbit, rat, coyote, birds, or any of the like. They may not be on my land, however they could go onto some ones land and cause issues. I know some people dont like to kill for sport and i respect that, but i do, and will. Animals like deer, elk or sheep. I will eat if i kill it.
That's not killing for sport. That's killing for no reason other than to kill something. Hunting for sport and consumption is a whole different thing. I feel it "may" be justified if it was your property that was in jeopardy or someone contracted you to do it on their property. But how are you to know that that rabbit will only live in the desert it's whole life and will provide nourishment for some mountain lion. And maybe it never does and comes in to town and eats a garden, then you can take care of it, but until it's an immediate threat, I see no reason to kill it. I have no problem with Powr offing some pigeons, they are def a nuisance, however killing rabbits and rats when they are not a threat to you or your family makes zero sense. That me superior and me have gun so I must shoot you mentality makes no sense whatsoever. Hope your garden is now safe after you got those 8 rabbits that are miles from your house!
Unread 08-02-2013, 11:53 AM   #29948
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

And for the record I used to shoot squirrels all the time when I was a kid, but you know what? I ate them once I killed them and it was while I was camping, not when returning home later that day. What you are doing by killing and leaving them is starting the Obama wildlife food stamp system. Congrats!
Unread 08-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #29949
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Just to make it clear I said earlier baiting is not legal. It is legal but not for trapping.
Unread 08-02-2013, 11:59 AM   #29950
Puck81
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post

That's not killing for sport. That's killing for no reason other than to kill something. Hunting for sport and consumption is a whole different thing. I feel it "may" be justified if it was your property that was in jeopardy or someone contracted you to do it on their property. But how are you to know that that rabbit will only live in the desert it's whole life and will provide nourishment for some mountain lion. And maybe it never does and comes in to town and eats a garden, then you can take care of it, but until it's an immediate threat, I see no reason to kill it. I have no problem with Powr offing some pigeons, they are def a nuisance, however killing rabbits and rats when they are not a threat to you or your family makes zero sense. That me superior and me have gun so I must shoot you mentality makes no sense whatsoever. Hope your garden is now safe after you got those 8 rabbits that are miles from your house!
Fair enough. And thats why this thread is awesome. So many differnt opinons on things. Im done with this topic now.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #29951
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like a great start to an off road trailer. Wish this one would've been around when I bought my current project.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/for/3975996016.html
Unread 08-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #29952
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG
Looks like a great start to an off road trailer. Wish this one would've been around when I bought my current project.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/for/3975996016.html
Right!? Dangit!
Unread 08-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #29953
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Roflmao
I'm glad somebody else is as ****ed in the head as I am.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 12:52 PM   #29954
mr4x4
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Try shooting the jack rabbit with a 9mm sig sauer hand gun with your hand out the window of a f350 bouncing around chasing it while the rabbit is also running
Unread 08-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #29955
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr4x4 View Post
Try shooting the jack rabbit with a 9mm sig sauer hand gun with your hand out the window of a f350 bouncing around chasing it while the rabbit is also running
Do that with a slingshot or a thrown rock (Dundee style) instead of a sig and you got my respect for your mad skills.

I know the topic is moving on, but I am with you MMCKEIG, I really don't understand it or see the point in killing something just to make it dead.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.