Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1997 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBlack Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHut

Reply
Unread 08-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #29941
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,864
Probably just for fun. If you have ever tried to nail a jackrabbit that was on the run with a rifle it is no easy task.

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2013, 12:35 PM   #29942
Puck81
Web Wheeler
 
Puck81's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: las vegas, nv
Posts: 2,163
I have zero remorse for pest animals. Be it rabbit, rat, coyote, birds, or any of the like. They may not be on my land, however they could go onto some ones land and cause issues. I know some people dont like to kill for sport and i respect that, but i do, and will. Animals like deer, elk or sheep. I will eat if i kill it.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #29943
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,864
I see no problem with it puck. This is America do what you want. Saying that in a non joking way.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #29944
MMCKEIG
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
Probably just for fun. If you have ever tried to nail a jackrabbit that was on the run with a rifle it is no easy task.
I'm sure it isn't, but that is why they make trap throwers that shoot clays to mimic a rabbit. I don't see the point in killing something for the hell of it. And why kill 8 of them and some rats as well? Don't get me wrong, I'm no tree-hugger, but I just don't see the point of mindless killing of an animal, especially if you're just leaving it to rot.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2013, 12:43 PM   #29945
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

To make the pile bigger.
Roflmao
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2013, 12:45 PM   #29946
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG

I'm sure it isn't, but that is why they make trap throwers that shoot clays to mimic a rabbit. I don't see the point in killing something for the hell of it. And why kill 8 of them and some rats as well? Don't get me wrong, I'm no tree-hugger, but I just don't see the point of mindless killing of an animal, especially if you're just leaving it to rot.
Tree hugging hipster! Lol
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2013, 12:49 PM   #29947
MMCKEIG
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81
I have zero remorse for pest animals. Be it rabbit, rat, coyote, birds, or any of the like. They may not be on my land, however they could go onto some ones land and cause issues. I know some people dont like to kill for sport and i respect that, but i do, and will. Animals like deer, elk or sheep. I will eat if i kill it.
That's not killing for sport. That's killing for no reason other than to kill something. Hunting for sport and consumption is a whole different thing. I feel it "may" be justified if it was your property that was in jeopardy or someone contracted you to do it on their property. But how are you to know that that rabbit will only live in the desert it's whole life and will provide nourishment for some mountain lion. And maybe it never does and comes in to town and eats a garden, then you can take care of it, but until it's an immediate threat, I see no reason to kill it. I have no problem with Powr offing some pigeons, they are def a nuisance, however killing rabbits and rats when they are not a threat to you or your family makes zero sense. That me superior and me have gun so I must shoot you mentality makes no sense whatsoever. Hope your garden is now safe after you got those 8 rabbits that are miles from your house!
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2013, 12:53 PM   #29948
MMCKEIG
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,190
And for the record I used to shoot squirrels all the time when I was a kid, but you know what? I ate them once I killed them and it was while I was camping, not when returning home later that day. What you are doing by killing and leaving them is starting the Obama wildlife food stamp system. Congrats!
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #29949
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,864
Just to make it clear I said earlier baiting is not legal. It is legal but not for trapping.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #29950
Puck81
Web Wheeler
 
Puck81's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: las vegas, nv
Posts: 2,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post

That's not killing for sport. That's killing for no reason other than to kill something. Hunting for sport and consumption is a whole different thing. I feel it "may" be justified if it was your property that was in jeopardy or someone contracted you to do it on their property. But how are you to know that that rabbit will only live in the desert it's whole life and will provide nourishment for some mountain lion. And maybe it never does and comes in to town and eats a garden, then you can take care of it, but until it's an immediate threat, I see no reason to kill it. I have no problem with Powr offing some pigeons, they are def a nuisance, however killing rabbits and rats when they are not a threat to you or your family makes zero sense. That me superior and me have gun so I must shoot you mentality makes no sense whatsoever. Hope your garden is now safe after you got those 8 rabbits that are miles from your house!
Fair enough. And thats why this thread is awesome. So many differnt opinons on things. Im done with this topic now.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #29951
MMCKEIG
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,190
Looks like a great start to an off road trailer. Wish this one would've been around when I bought my current project.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/for/3975996016.html
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #29952
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG
Looks like a great start to an off road trailer. Wish this one would've been around when I bought my current project.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/for/3975996016.html
Right!? Dangit!
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2013, 01:29 PM   #29953
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Roflmao
I'm glad somebody else is as ****ed in the head as I am.
__________________
-Andrew

Illegitimi Non Carborundum


The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #29954
mr4x4
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: nevada
Posts: 862
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Probably just for fun. If you have ever tried to nail a jackrabbit that was on the run with a rifle it is no easy task.
Try shooting the jack rabbit with a 9mm sig sauer hand gun with your hand out the window of a f350 bouncing around chasing it while the rabbit is also running
__________________
94 stock zj and a 95 zj with a 5.5" lift with 35" bfg km2 a rear currie 9in with 4.56 gears an arb and 35spine axle shafts and 4.56 gears in the front Hp30 super30 kit arb 4.1 low range transfercase
mr4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2013, 02:05 PM   #29955
B0nez
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 2,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr4x4 View Post
Try shooting the jack rabbit with a 9mm sig sauer hand gun with your hand out the window of a f350 bouncing around chasing it while the rabbit is also running
Do that with a slingshot or a thrown rock (Dundee style) instead of a sig and you got my respect for your mad skills.

I know the topic is moving on, but I am with you MMCKEIG, I really don't understand it or see the point in killing something just to make it dead.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.