Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#39,885 ·
My god I am already loving it here. Neighbors talk to you, every other house has a classic car in the driveway or garage, all kinds of old 4x4's Everywhere, people say hi on the street, a guy from FSJN came by Yesterday to say hi and helped us move for several hours (in gonna help him drop a 401 in his cherokee next weekend). We are maybe 15-20 minutes from downtown so we are close but out in the country a bit more.

View from up stairs

View attachment 1929289

Also pretty sure Bulleit had never seen snow before. The first night when we arrived he was licking it. Yesterday we stuck him out back for a few hours and we noticed him just running and jumping and rolling all around in it playing by himself. Stopped as soon as he saw us watching. Pretty funny.

View attachment 1929273
Nice man! glad you like it up there!

#39,888 ·
Raptor0206 said:
Nice man! glad you like it up there!
Thanks.

Goin in to new work tomorrow for an hour or two to do some paperwork.

Excited!

My parents are headed to rock springs WY today and should be into reno around 6-7pm tomorrow.

#39,894 ·
gregaf3 said:
Yeah we are pretty excited. I am finally getting the three car garage that I have wanted forever and a pool. I will be out there next month for a while, might have to ride shotgun on some trail rides.
Cool man, and congrats. Sounds like you'll have a good comfy setup with plenty of room. Man....3 car garage! Some day.

#39,897 ·
sirhk100 said:
Totally true. Walking around the neighborhood here and driving through others when we were looking for houses half the classic cars are just in the street haha.

So far It's hard to not 'think like vegas'. This neighborhood we are in is fine, like any neighborhood from the 90's in vegas more or less. It's not some upscale fancy place and not some crappy slummy area either. There are cars in the street cars in driveways, campers and boats, trailers, etc, and it in no way is trashy nor does it ruin any views or appeal, at least for me.

Learned my lesson on the last house. Never again on an HOA like that. I hate that vegas has so much of that stuff (I do understand mine was more extreme than most).

#39,898 ·
By the way it's 35* out but I'm sitting in the back yArd drinking a coffee in the sun, looking at the snowy mountains and half the yard covered with snow, wearing a t shirt and pajama pants....and I'm actually kinda warm?

I love it!

#39,899 ·
HOA's have their place and I get it. If I lived one street over, and in a certain group of about 4 or 5 houses, I'd be pretty bummed. But, it's the chance I take for living where I'm free to do as I want with my property.

Cars on the street! Scary!!! LOL Get a gated driveway! LOL (My van has been on the street the last couple nights and my trailer spent the last part of last week and last weekend on the street)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.