Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 199 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 12-28-2011, 08:55 PM   #2971
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Just link your Jeeps together and I think with the snatch block you stand a good chance.
Yeah, so afterwards someone can post about all the free Wrangler parts over the cliff side?

You guys saw the pictures, right? You really want to try hauling that up? It's really not safe.

YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 09:05 PM   #2972
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Please, reconsider attempting to winch that up. I've attached some better pictures of how it sits. I'm kind of regretting even suggesting an attempt to salvage anything from it. I'd feel awful if someone were to get hurt. It is a very steep climb down and up. This is along that volcano rim so, rock is very loose and sharp.

You can't see it in the pictures, but the only thing holding it in place is its own weight. Any rocks behind it could shift with movement and it could slide further. The last two pictures weren't taken from the top. That was more than halfway to it. Above me from the top is so much worse.

Also keep in mind that I roped down to it. Honestly, I didn't need the aid of the rope to get down and back up, but I'm a bit of a safety nut and used it anyway. My point is, if it looked bad enough for me to throw down rope, it probably was that bad.
img_5723.jpg   img_5725.jpg   img_5727.jpg  
Unread 12-28-2011, 09:11 PM   #2973
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Please, reconsider attempting to winch that up. I've attached some better pictures of how it sits. I'm kind of regretting even suggesting an attempt to salvage anything from it. I'd feel awful if someone were to get hurt. It is a very steep climb down and up. This is along that volcano rim so, rock is very loose and sharp.

You can't see it in the pictures, but the only thing holding it in place is its own weight. Any rocks behind it could shift with movement and it could slide further. The last two pictures weren't taken from the top. That was more than halfway to it. Above me from the top is so much worse.
I'm not really hearing a can-do attitude here. You should all go up there with your JK's. Could make for a good alternative to the pick and pull.
Unread 12-28-2011, 09:33 PM   #2974
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I'm going I really want those magnum heads.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 10:09 PM   #2975
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
I ordered my brand new Rancho RS9000XL adjustable shocks today! When I order from 4WheelParts, I can usually pick up my order at the Decatur location the next day, but their CA distributor was out and it has to come from the east coast. It'll be three days. I hate waiting, but at least I'll have some time to break them in on the street before getting them offroad.

About installing the shocks, do the cans go up and the pistons face down or is it the other way?

Same way for the front and rear?
There should be only one way they go on but usually they go can up because of less un-sprung weight on the axle. The Bilstein 5100's I got confused me because the mount can down but I found out later that;s because they are specifically made for each vehicle.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 10:53 PM   #2976
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

sounds like a lot of work for some 13 year old engine parts?

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 08:01 AM   #2977
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

The cheapest magnum heads I've ever seen were $1500. The best part is the adventure. Who knows it may be a waste of time but I bet it's a blast goin out there and stripping that b.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 08:12 AM   #2978
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

It appears that the website is having some difficulty ... how will I survive my days with no JF?

(Oh good, it's back.)
Unread 12-29-2011, 09:11 AM   #2979
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, but it's FREE engine parts!
Unread 12-29-2011, 09:34 AM   #2980
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Amazing. Yet another person started another screen name just to send me a PM.

Quote:
WTF John!!! Why tell everyone about the truck if yo aren't going to let us get the free parts!!! Are you keeping them for yourself to sell!!! You pointed out where it was saturday!!! We don't need your help to findit!! !I hope you fall off the cliff getting the parts!!!
Once again, in the event there are others that feel the same way, I will address this in the open forum.

Not sure if anyone noticed, but I used to post up coordinates to all the mines I visited. I stopped doing that because many of the mines I visit are unsafe and I don't want to feel responsible for leading someone to serious injury or death.

In hindsight, it was a terrible idea on my part to even suggest stripping a truck on the side of a cliff. Nothing about it is safe. The only reason I went down to the truck was to make sure there wasn't a body inside it.

As was suggested in the PM, I will not be stripping the truck myself and reselling the parts. I will admit, I got caught up in the excitement of getting some nice free parts. I was wrong to even suggest it and for that, I apologize.

Interestingly, there were only three other people from this forum that were there that day. The PM had to come from one of you three. You all seemed nice enough to me. Kind of bothered to know one of you would wish that I fell off a cliff. I'm supposed to trust you with a loaded gun around me now?

You're no longer strangers in a forum. That's really kind of shytty.
Unread 12-29-2011, 11:18 AM   #2981
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Wasnt me, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't crazy white in the Toyota!
Unread 12-29-2011, 11:21 AM   #2982
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

haha, and I thought I came to Jeepforum to get away from all that drama stuff my wife watches on bravo
gregaf3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 11:31 AM   #2983
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah the only thing missing that would make a lifetime special is sex and then cheating sex...count me out. We already have lies and deceit.
Unread 12-29-2011, 11:32 AM   #2984
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Wasnt me, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't crazy white in the Toyota!
Still can't get over that guy.

"I see strangers shooting in the mountains. Lemme go say hi!".
Even worse was when he shot our targets.
Unread 12-29-2011, 11:34 AM   #2985
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I always think I I approach them, they'd be like "you sure got a pretty mouth, he he" no thank you.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.