Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1980 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 07-27-2013, 11:42 PM   #29686
sirhk100

Home made wooden wine cork to the rescue!

Oh and I got an idea on my way home how to deal with my obnoxiously low u-bolts!!! I think it's going to work out pretty good and won't take hardly any work. May even be free if I can use a favor card that I've had in my pocket with a company I deal with!!!

Some of the pics I took today of my hooptie...

I gotta tiny bit of trimming still to do but today was pretty successful. One step closer and more knowledge of what's needed to fine tune this thing. Really though at this point I think once I get it dialed in, it's going to work pretty well with the biggest limiting factor being that it's got such a low stance... Skidplates will definitely be my friend!!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2013, 07:07 AM   #29687
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The Expo looks good on the rocks. You have any more rubbing issues?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2013, 08:24 AM   #29688
sirhk100

Just very minor on one or more tiny spots to trim. The rest is what it is, nothing I can do about it without tubbing it.

Unread 07-28-2013, 08:39 AM   #29689
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Just very minor on one or more tiny spots to trim. The rest is what it is, nothing I can do about it without tubbing it.
Is it bad enough to warrant a little more bump stop or is it livable?

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 07-28-2013, 08:41 AM   #29690
sirhk100

It's livable how it is right now. Just need to trim a bit of sheet metal I noticed the rear driver tire is hooking while airing back up yesterday. No biggie. Biggest issue I'm finding is my low range isn't as low as I'd want it. I never had issues in my old one but it was an auto. This manual needs a lower low.

Unread 07-28-2013, 08:52 AM   #29691
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Front diff drain plug took a nice hit/s and is now leaking. Haven't had a chance to really look at much of anything else yet. Maybe tonight after work or tomorrow before work. Hopefully nothing else needs attention(parts replaced,) or the rubi trip will not be this year. Other things are going to require the money...
Unread 07-28-2013, 09:05 AM   #29692
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It's livable how it is right now. Just need to trim a bit of sheet metal I noticed the rear driver tire is hooking while airing back up yesterday. No biggie. Biggest issue I'm finding is my low range isn't as low as I'd want it. I never had issues in my old one but it was an auto. This manual needs a lower low.
Any idea what you can do about it?

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 07-28-2013, 09:14 AM   #29693
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Front diff drain plug took a nice hit/s and is now leaking. Haven't had a chance to really look at much of anything else yet. Maybe tonight after work or tomorrow before work. Hopefully nothing else needs attention(parts replaced,) or the rubi trip will not be this year. Other things are going to require the money...
What kind of diff covers?
Unread 07-28-2013, 09:42 AM   #29694
sirhk100

yeah, it's called an atlas 2

Unread 07-28-2013, 09:45 AM   #29695
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobicon

What kind of diff covers?
The G2 Aluminum D44.

Also, here's that tire...

image-3396131793.jpg

A closer look...

image-4044104380.jpg
Those little slits are all along the sidewall, probably on both sides.

Not sure what to do with that whole deal yet. I may try to grab another one from that guy, or if we are feeling frisky, we may do the 6 months no interest at discount tire and just do another set on my Moab wheels and sell these five as a set with the wheels. With a good general of course.
Unread 07-28-2013, 09:51 AM   #29696
sirhk100

I'm so confused... why would you do that? Just go get another one for $100. If you want to run the other wheels take it to mexican tires shop. You'll be all setup for under $200 probably total with buying the one tire.

Unread 07-28-2013, 10:05 AM   #29697
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm so confused... why would you do that? Just go get another one for $100. If you want to run the other wheels take it to mexican tires shop. You'll be all setup for under $200 probably total with buying the one tire.
Just thinking through the keyboard. Lol. Worst case, I'll hit discount tire for a new general and just buy the certificate for it. That way if it fails, I'll have a replacement plan.

Was saying a whole set cause the moabs are 16" while these are 15". Just a momentary loss of all common sense and judgement. Lol
Unread 07-28-2013, 10:11 AM   #29698
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

Just thinking through the keyboard. Lol. Worst case, I'll hit discount tire for a new general and just buy the certificate for it. That way if it fails, I'll have a replacement plan.
Does discount have that size? I only found them online for a little over $200 a piece.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2013, 10:12 AM   #29699
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
yeah, it's called an atlas 2
I figured that is what you were going to say. Just wasnt sure if you some off the wall idea or not. I am not sure of how easy it would be but an F-150 from the same time frame has taller gears just not by much. Doubters are possible but could lead to problems in other areas.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 07-28-2013, 10:14 AM   #29700
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG

Does discount have that size? I only found them online for a little over $200 a piece.
Dunno. I'm sure they could order it. Would take a bit more time, but may be worth a check.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.