Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1977 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Reply
Unread 07-26-2013, 01:15 PM   #29641
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 9,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
I vote huge plywood air brake. But then I though it out and I think his jeep already is a huge air brake. Haha
<>

__________________
Andrew - Landscape architect in training. Not landscaper

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 01:42 PM   #29642
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler
 
jokerchief462's Avatar
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Sin City, Nevada
Posts: 2,828
Its not the YJ problem of brake calipers being on the wrong side and the bleed nipples being too low to bleed all the air out of the system??? Just my .02 may stir a little thought. I have no idea what you set up looks like Marn but it is worth a look since you put a whole new axle in.
__________________
89YJ 2.5L TBI, AX-5, NP231 SYE, Ford 8.8, Yukon Grizzly, Tom Woods Shaft, 33" BFG T/As, 4" lift, Warn VR10000s.

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #29643
matthew900
Senior Member
 
matthew900's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 764
Khris mentioned a while back he had luck in the past picking the front end up high then bleeding it. I think that may be worth a try.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #29644
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,781
I still vote air in the system... You can go thru 80 boosters and masters and this and that but one stupid bubble is all it's going to take for you to toss in #81 and #82 and #83.


Oh and note to self...

__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 01:59 PM   #29645
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 9,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerchief462 View Post
Its not the YJ problem of brake calipers being on the wrong side and the bleed nipples being too low to bleed all the air out of the system??? Just my .02 may stir a little thought. I have no idea what you set up looks like Marn but it is worth a look since you put a whole new axle in.
nope nope. the nipples are on the top of the calipers.


Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post
Khris mentioned a while back he had luck in the past picking the front end up high then bleeding it. I think that may be worth a try.
anything is worth a try at this point I suppose, huh?





Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I still vote air in the system... You can go thru 80 boosters and masters and this and that but one stupid bubble is all it's going to take for you to toss in #81 and #82 and #83.

I know. this bugs me. but how do i find/get it out?!
__________________
Andrew - Landscape architect in training. Not landscaper

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #29646
Garza
Web Wheeler
 
Garza's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
nope nope. the nipples are on the top of the calipers.




anything is worth a try at this point I suppose, huh?







I know. this bugs me. but how do i find/get it out?!
Process of elimination. Bypass the prop-valve and see if you can get good front brakes direct off the MC.
__________________
'05 LSJ
www.4lowparts.com

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten!" BF
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 03:41 PM   #29647
Raptor0206
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,492
Any of you XJ guys regret getting one? Im looking at a 99 that I would lift 4.5 and 33's
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #29648
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 9,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza

Process of elimination. Bypass the prop-valve and see if you can get good front brakes direct off the MC.
I don't know how to bypass the PV and if its like you said literally building new lines simply for temp use the. I would rather try to bleed it another 65 times :-/
__________________
Andrew - Landscape architect in training. Not landscaper

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #29649
Puck81
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: las vegas, nv
Posts: 1,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
Any of you XJ guys regret getting one? Im looking at a 99 that I would lift 4.5 and 33's
My best Jeep so far. I have owned 7 total. 2 YJs a TJ a 93 XJ a FSJ and a Commander and now my current XJ.

This XJ is turning into my favorite Jeep so far. Other then a gew hiccups here and there, it fits me and my life perfect. If this XJ ever gets totaled, i will be buying an other one.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #29650
Raptor0206
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

I don't know how to bypass the PV and if its like you said literally building new lines simply for temp use the. I would rather try to bleed it another 65 times :-/
I was watching GEARZ the other day and he showed a brake bleeder that shoots fluid from the wheels to the MC. Might wanna look it up
Brakebleeder.com
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 04:58 PM   #29651
matthew900
Senior Member
 
matthew900's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
Any of you XJ guys regret getting one? Im looking at a 99 that I would lift 4.5 and 33's
I think the XJ is a good call. The junkyard always has a ton for parts and it's a great rig for the money.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #29652
Raptor0206
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post

I think the XJ is a good call. The junkyard always has a ton for parts and it's a great rig for the money.
Thanks I'm gonna hopefully sell my TJ when I get back from my trip on Thursday and get into a XJ I hope. Need to catch up on saving money for a 2012/13 2 door JK
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #29653
Raptor0206
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post

I was watching GEARZ the other day and he showed a brake bleeder that shoots fluid from the wheels to the MC. Might wanna look it up
Brakebleeder.com
Marn buy it and when your done ill give ya 150 for it
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 05:31 PM   #29654
matthew900
Senior Member
 
matthew900's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
I was watching GEARZ the other day and he showed a brake bleeder that shoots fluid from the wheels to the MC. Might wanna look it up
Brakebleeder.com
I found a couple versions of it for sale on EBAY at a decent price

The cheapest one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Phoenix-Syst...#ht_1587wt_934

The next nicer model:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Refurbished-...ht_5819wt_1172
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 05:32 PM   #29655
PhotoJared
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206
Any of you XJ guys regret getting one? Im looking at a 99 that I would lift 4.5 and 33's
Nope! Love my XJ.

Posted from outer space.
__________________
'99 XJ Sport
RE 3.5"
31s
other stuff
PhotoJared is online now   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.