Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1977 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 07-26-2013, 01:15 PM   #29641
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
I vote huge plywood air brake. But then I though it out and I think his jeep already is a huge air brake. Haha
<>

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 01:42 PM   #29642
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Its not the YJ problem of brake calipers being on the wrong side and the bleed nipples being too low to bleed all the air out of the system??? Just my .02 may stir a little thought. I have no idea what you set up looks like Marn but it is worth a look since you put a whole new axle in.

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #29643
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Khris mentioned a while back he had luck in the past picking the front end up high then bleeding it. I think that may be worth a try.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #29644
sirhk100

I still vote air in the system... You can go thru 80 boosters and masters and this and that but one stupid bubble is all it's going to take for you to toss in #81 and #82 and #83.

Oh and note to self...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 01:59 PM   #29645
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerchief462 View Post
Its not the YJ problem of brake calipers being on the wrong side and the bleed nipples being too low to bleed all the air out of the system??? Just my .02 may stir a little thought. I have no idea what you set up looks like Marn but it is worth a look since you put a whole new axle in.
nope nope. the nipples are on the top of the calipers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post
Khris mentioned a while back he had luck in the past picking the front end up high then bleeding it. I think that may be worth a try.
anything is worth a try at this point I suppose, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I still vote air in the system... You can go thru 80 boosters and masters and this and that but one stupid bubble is all it's going to take for you to toss in #81 and #82 and #83.

I know. this bugs me. but how do i find/get it out?!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 07-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #29646
Garza
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
nope nope. the nipples are on the top of the calipers.

anything is worth a try at this point I suppose, huh?

I know. this bugs me. but how do i find/get it out?!
Process of elimination. Bypass the prop-valve and see if you can get good front brakes direct off the MC.

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten!" BF
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 03:41 PM   #29647
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Any of you XJ guys regret getting one? Im looking at a 99 that I would lift 4.5 and 33's
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #29648
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza

Process of elimination. Bypass the prop-valve and see if you can get good front brakes direct off the MC.
I don't know how to bypass the PV and if its like you said literally building new lines simply for temp use the. I would rather try to bleed it another 65 times :-/

Quote:

Unread 07-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #29649
Puck81
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
Any of you XJ guys regret getting one? Im looking at a 99 that I would lift 4.5 and 33's
My best Jeep so far. I have owned 7 total. 2 YJs a TJ a 93 XJ a FSJ and a Commander and now my current XJ.

This XJ is turning into my favorite Jeep so far. Other then a gew hiccups here and there, it fits me and my life perfect. If this XJ ever gets totaled, i will be buying an other one.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #29650
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

I don't know how to bypass the PV and if its like you said literally building new lines simply for temp use the. I would rather try to bleed it another 65 times :-/
I was watching GEARZ the other day and he showed a brake bleeder that shoots fluid from the wheels to the MC. Might wanna look it up
Brakebleeder.com
Unread 07-26-2013, 04:58 PM   #29651
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I think the XJ is a good call. The junkyard always has a ton for parts and it's a great rig for the money.
Unread 07-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #29652
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post

I think the XJ is a good call. The junkyard always has a ton for parts and it's a great rig for the money.
Thanks I'm gonna hopefully sell my TJ when I get back from my trip on Thursday and get into a XJ I hope. Need to catch up on saving money for a 2012/13 2 door JK
Unread 07-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #29653
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:

I was watching GEARZ the other day and he showed a brake bleeder that shoots fluid from the wheels to the MC. Might wanna look it up
Brakebleeder.com
Marn buy it and when your done ill give ya 150 for it
Unread 07-26-2013, 05:31 PM   #29654
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Brakebleeder.com
I found a couple versions of it for sale on EBAY at a decent price

The cheapest one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Phoenix-Syst...#ht_1587wt_934

The next nicer model:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Refurbished-...ht_5819wt_1172
Unread 07-26-2013, 05:32 PM   #29655
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206
Nope! Love my XJ.

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.