Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1974 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 07-25-2013, 04:02 PM   #29596
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
I got to drive around with a loaner set over the weekend. They're crazy! I really like them so far. We'll see how they do on rocky gap.
You get your T-Case issue worked out?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 04:49 PM   #29597
sirhk100

If you don't watch the whole thing... At least watch from 6:30-6:45!!! It's gotta rank up there as one of the craziest spots in todays motorsports racing scene!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 04:50 PM   #29598
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

You get your T-Case issue worked out?
Yeah, I think so. I think it was a combination of issues that culminated for the end effect.
Unread 07-25-2013, 05:50 PM   #29599
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post

Yeah, I think so. I think it was a combination of issues that culminated for the end effect.
What were the issues?
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 05:55 PM   #29600
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I am going to go with, after way too much planning... when he mounted his fuse panel he drilled through a wire harness. haha
Unread 07-25-2013, 05:55 PM   #29601
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
If you don't watch the whole thing... At least watch from 6:30-6:45!!! It's gotta rank up there as one of the craziest spots in todays motorsports racing scene!

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6vlt7f5F84
Watched the whole thing. The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me. What exactly posses someone to stand on a race course with a 3000 lb race truck hurtling towards them at 60+? Never mind the idiots standing next to the jump. Have these people never seen what happens when a truck gets balled up? You would think it would be common sense...

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 07-25-2013, 06:06 PM   #29602
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

BTW, Andy, DO NOT CLICK HERE!!! DON"T DO IT!!!!! YOU'RE GONNA REGRET IT!!!!! DON'T!!!!

http://www.race-dezert.com/classifie...tails&id=53298
You told me not to. I held out for as long as I could knowing that I would kick myself if I did click.

****ing ****!

: I am going to go find a real big cliff to jump off of now.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 07-25-2013, 06:12 PM   #29603
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81

What were the issues?
The speedo issue was my lack of experience and attention to detail when installing my new gear. There are indexing marks on the sensor housing(different from sensor.) I had mine indexed on the 34-38 tooth marks rather than the required 39-42 tooth index. The gear was riding up and mushroomed the housing. I got lucky and scooped up the LAST sensor housing at pic a part for $6. Through the dealer, it $100! The joys of doing work on a Jeep with the old mopar mindset! Things aren't as simple as in the old days. What we give up in simplicity, we gain in ease of fit and function along with comfort?

The shifting/tire rotation issue was from a broken shifter cable for the TC. It wasnt engaging into 4LO correctly. Luckily, it didn't cause any significant damage, and it broke the rest of the way very near the house on a subsequent testing session. Had to run in 4LO for about a 1/4 mile while making VERY wide, multi-point turns. My girly hands aren't strong and small enough to reach in and shift by hand underneath. I've run it through the selections and seems to be good now. I'm very curious to see how she does in the rocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
I am going to go with, after way too much planning... when he mounted his fuse panel he drilled through a wire harness. haha
Nope! If it was a JK, that would be a concern, but the TJ is all mechanical, BRAH! That's CLUTCH for shizzle! Roflmao.

Still need to finish installing the remaining three shocks, brake lines(doing front only for the Saturday run, then I'll do the rear as time permits.) I also have to reattach a fitting for the OBA line I had to remove to gain access to the rear TC half. I figured I would be extra super super smart and use some really cool liquid gasket maker material for the TC halves. It never truly hardens or cures and is absolutely fantastic for engine oil applications. As it turns out, though, ATF dissolves the stuff almost as well as brake clean! So my SYE and TC halves had to be disassembled and resealed with RTV!! That effing sucked!
So, once I get the air fitting, rear crossmember support, shocks, and brake lines installed, it's done. At least until I find something else the old AMC gremlins found that they wanted to mess with. All this to be done before the end of Friday night!
Unread 07-25-2013, 06:19 PM   #29604
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Damn dude, glad to hear you got it solved though.
Unread 07-25-2013, 06:21 PM   #29605
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I am going to be getting my 35's installed tonight so i can get some test flexing done before saturday. I need to make sure i have the correct amout of bump stop in the front so i dont cut a tire on my fenders.
Unread 07-25-2013, 06:24 PM   #29606
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Any news on the possibility of joining us for the rubi?
Unread 07-25-2013, 06:27 PM   #29607
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81
Damn dude, glad to hear you got it solved though.
I was seriously tripping on it. I don't know how Khris handles all the neat little surprises when doing his custom work. All my stuff is bolt on, and the surprises are driving me nuts! It's all good fun though. Would be more fun if I wasn't on a deadline for one of the most difficult trails in North America in August! I need to work out any and all kinks BEFORE we leave. Don't wanna be in the MONW and have something happen.
Unread 07-25-2013, 06:30 PM   #29608
sirhk100

Whatever puck! Tires rubbing just make noise! Ask me how I know! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Watched the whole thing. The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me. What exactly posses someone to stand on a race course with a 3000 lb race truck hurtling towards them at 60+? Never mind the idiots standing next to the jump. Have these people never seen what happens when a truck gets balled up? You would think it would be common sense...
In that opening smooth section try more like 120-130mph and in the whoops 90-100mph and weight is more up in the 6000lb range. Either way, dead is dead!

And I told you not to click on that link dude!!!!!!!!!

Unread 07-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #29609
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

I was seriously tripping on it. I don't know how Khris handles all the neat little surprises when doing his custom work. All my stuff is bolt on, and the surprises are driving me nuts! It's all good fun though. Would be more fun if I wasn't on a deadline for one of the most difficult trails in North America in August! I need to work out any and all kinks BEFORE we leave. Don't wanna be in the MONW and have something happen.
Relax, you have plenty of time.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 07-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #29610
sirhk100

Hey Andy... Whatever you do, DON'T click here and scroll down to see pictures!!!

http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/truc...ies/207528.htm

(and now I'm really laughing about all the crap that we gave you for not getting your butt in gear and selling your jeep!!! I'll be shocked if a deal like that comes along again!)

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.