Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1971 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsNew jk doors from steinjager

Unread 07-24-2013, 10:45 AM   #29551
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Oh man. I MUST HAVE THIS

image-1352166089.jpg

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #29552
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

haha, when I was a kid we had one that was almost that ugly. We used to always go to the infield at Daytona speedway. One of the times leaving the speedway no one would let my dad into traffic. Maybe it had to do with us mooning people out the back windows. Needless to say we end up cutting across a field and knocked the exhaust off. So we made most of the drive home with open headers on a 454 big block... My dad being the responsible person threw it in neutral and floored it as we were passing someone broken down on the side of the road. That guy jumped up and hit his head on his hood.
Unread 07-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #29553
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
haha, when I was a kid we had one that was almost that ugly. We used to always go to the infield at Daytona speedway. One of the times leaving the speedway no one would let my dad into traffic. Maybe it had to do with us mooning people out the back windows. Needless to say we end up cutting across a field and knocked the exhaust off. So we made most of the drive home with open headers on a 454 big block... My dad being the responsible person threw it in neutral and floored it as we were passing someone broken down on the side of the road. That guy jumped up and hit his head on his hood.
sounds like you had a pretty awesome childhood

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 07-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #29554
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Yea my dad just hit us, ALOT.

JK
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 12:17 PM   #29555
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

your lucky, my dad had hour long discussions. By the end of it I was ready to douse myself with lighter fluid and look for a match.
Unread 07-24-2013, 12:19 PM   #29556
sirhk100

My Dad taught me to drive a stick shift when I was about 7-8y/o. The problem is I learned in the buggy and he sat in the back seat. If I messed up a shift or ground a gear he'd correct me by showing the right shift pattern using my head by grabbing my hair and shoving my head in the motion the shifter needed to move correctly. It didn't take long for me to figure out the shift pattern. Reverse sucked though cause it was a normal VW where you had to push down on the shifter and pull it back over into 2nd. Yeah, so my dad would hit me directly on my head and then pull my head back to 2nd gear...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #29557
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Oh man. I MUST HAVE THIS
I thought u would want this MB golf cart
http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/3956401815.html
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 12:34 PM   #29558
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

My dad was not abusive more of a fun guy that has little to no patience. I remember the day he showed us you could ignite gun powder with a magnifying glass. We later burned down a shed.
Unread 07-24-2013, 01:11 PM   #29559
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza

Are you needing one to test? They're less than $25 new.
From the local auto parts places or dealer? I've been checking vatozone and pep boys. The sensors they have available are around 50, and look cheap.
Unread 07-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #29560
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
From the local auto parts places or dealer? I've been checking vatozone and pep boys. The sensors they have available are around 50, and look cheap.
Rockauto or Oreilly...they are actually $30, I was shooting from the hip.

You need 4707839AA
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #29561
sirhk100

Well, supposedly tonight is the last westside wed event. Last weeks was HUGE!!! There actually were some pretty cool rides that showed up last week. I'm not sure if I'm going to go tonight or not. I've taken the toyota down twice now and it seems like it was mostly the same people both times so not sure if it's worth hauling it across town again or not.

I'm planning to do a bit of welding on my toyota this evening and depending how long that takes I may or may not go... I should pull my exploder in and weld up some stuff on it too while I've got all the gear out and am burning up metal.

Tomorrow night I can trim exploder fenders and well, assuming something that's in the works for the race truck doesn't interfere I may actually have a mellow friday night where I could actually do happy hour and just veg!!! Sat I'm planning on running potato if Power or others are still planning on it as well.

Unread 07-24-2013, 02:35 PM   #29562
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza

Rockauto or Oreilly...they are actually $30, I was shooting from the hip.

You need 4707839AA
You're awesome, thanks!
Unread 07-24-2013, 03:07 PM   #29563
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Powr, you happy I changed the thread titles?

Unread 07-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #29564
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Powr, you happy I changed the thread titles?
I don't like it.
Unread 07-24-2013, 03:24 PM   #29565
sirhk100

Yeah, the new title sucks. Maybe something like "sirhk100's exploder and desert racing thread" would sound better?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.