Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1970 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 07-23-2013, 03:18 PM   #29536
sirhk100

Ding ding ding, A-Arm repurposed as an upper shock mount! That's just awesome in my eyes!!! Way more impressive then the brake line or the rest of the fab seen there!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 01:03 AM   #29537
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Need a TJ speedo sensor, free or cheap, please!!!
Unread 07-24-2013, 01:31 AM   #29538
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Whats the deal with yours? Have you tired a JY yet?
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 02:06 AM   #29539
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Where's a JY that has TJs or XJs?
Unread 07-24-2013, 06:51 AM   #29540
sirhk100

Pic a part in henderson has an entire row of xj and zj and a single postal jeep. No wranglers at all but tons of soccer wagons! LOL I was there yesterday.

Unread 07-24-2013, 07:09 AM   #29541
Syncityj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Pic a part in henderson has an entire row of xj and zj and a single postal jeep. No wranglers at all but tons of soccer wagons! LOL I was there yesterday.
I was just about to post that. I was there at about 2ish.
I have a 98 ZJ and thought that all the parts between 96-98 were the same. I was wrong. Blinkers are different that's for sure. I needed a replacement and bought the only one there. Is there anything else that changed between these years?
Syncityj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 07:59 AM   #29542
sirhk100

You beat me by 2 hours. LOL I was there around 4ish. Picked up an interior light lens for my expo and tried to get a mirror for my toyota but no luck on the mirror. I swear wranglers and toyotas are impossible to find in the yards!

Unread 07-24-2013, 09:09 AM   #29543
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

So I actually had a great drive last night and I did not even have to hit a trail or use 4wd. I headed up to Mt Charleston last night around 9ish with the freedom panels out and the windows down. It had just rained up there and the clouds had scattered pretty good. All of the roads were wet which made it pretty cool with that full moon that we had last night. To make things even better It got all the way down to 55 deg up near the Bristelcone trail head. I turned off the Jeep at the trail head and it was so quite, cool, and nice. I then pee'd in the middle of the road and started the drive back. It was actually bright enough to drive without your headlights and the reflection of the moon off the wet roads made it even brighter.

On a positive note I could only see one small spot on the cliffs in Kyle Canyon that was still burning.
Unread 07-24-2013, 09:39 AM   #29544
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Are you needing one to test? They're less than $25 new.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 10:07 AM   #29545
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Khris showed me the ford he wants to buy. Seemed alot more legit in the pics he showed?
image-3049678097.jpg

image-1984142174.jpg

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 10:28 AM   #29546
Syncityj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
You beat me by 2 hours. LOL I was there around 4ish. Picked up an interior light lens for my expo and tried to get a mirror for my toyota but no luck on the mirror. I swear wranglers and toyotas are impossible to find in the yards!
Do you live near the 215 and Gibson? I saw a early 90's explorer with pulled fenders and stuff.
Unread 07-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #29547
Syncityj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
What kind of Toyota? I saw a few 4runners at the yard.
Unread 07-24-2013, 10:37 AM   #29548
sirhk100

Late 80's/early 90's pickup. I walked down the toyota row yesterday afternoon and there definitely wasn't one there with what I need. I may head up to the one on the north end of town this weekend. They usually have A LOT more trucks then the henderson one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncityj View Post
Do you live near the 215 and Gibson? I saw a early 90's explorer with pulled fenders and stuff.
I work right there actually. It likely was me. Red cab and front doors, white fenders front and rear. Not a whole lot of built exploders running around this town.

Marn, that F150 looks like it's been sitting for quite a while! At one point I was thinking about doing my expo that exact same paint scheme but opposite with the white on top and blue on the bottom. I've always liked the old rough riders paint. Where's that thing rotting away at? I'm assuming it's just some dudes wannabe truck and not really one of the old factory ford race trucks.

Unread 07-24-2013, 10:43 AM   #29549
sirhk100

Anyone done the whole area 51 exploring thing? I'm gonna be passing thru there in a few weeks. I figure I'll stop in Rachel just cause. Get the generic mailbox picture. Is it worth blasting down the dirt road to the warning signs or a total waste of time other then an excuse to take the expo down a dirt road? I also plan on hitting a warm spring fed swimming pool I've seen pictures of and was told right where it's at. Also stopping in tonopah just cause I lived there when I was really small while my Dad worked on one of those goofy bases up there.

Basically... Anything else to do on the run between here and tonopah if I'm going up thru alamo and rachel? I'll be in no major rush... Bailing outta here around 8ish in the morning and heading the long way to Mammoth just cause. Would like to get into mammoth early-mid evening so I don't need to be a rocket on the road by any means.

Unread 07-24-2013, 10:45 AM   #29550
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

It's over on warm springs and buffalo or something

I think.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.