Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 197 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-27-2011, 11:19 PM   #2941
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

We'll be in the area again tomorrow. I think I'll pull the alternator and injectors. Not sure if I'll feel like it tomorrow, but if I get started I'll go ahead and pull the throttle body off for you. Anything else you want that's easy to pull?

Would be nice if I could get those axles out.

YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2011, 11:32 PM   #2942
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ysb, wear gloves because I it's stolen(almost certainly is) and cops get it, you will be getting a knock on your door. Just a heads up. How was the interior? Does it look like it could be winched up? Could be a source of some fun on Saturday. Got a new snatch block I wanna try out!!
Unread 12-27-2011, 11:44 PM   #2943
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Ysb, wear gloves because I it's stolen(almost certainly is) and cops get it, you will be getting a knock on your door. Just a heads up. How was the interior? Does it look like it could be winched up? Could be a source of some fun on Saturday. Got a new snatch block I wanna try out!!
Think you missed this part:

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
We called Metro and gave them the tag # that expired way back in 2000. It's been up there that long and looks like it was dumped this month. They already knew about.
The interior looks ok for its age, but there are some large rocks inside. It would be unlikely that they would enter during the fall. It would be more likely that they were placed in there before sending it over the edge.

You really think you could winch it up? There's a steep incline most of the way and it would be dead weight for about 30 feet. I imagine it would get caught on that top lip.
Unread 12-27-2011, 11:49 PM   #2944
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

That's the second vehicle we've reported in the mountains. Both times we were told they won't be recovered. Do you think they'd mind if parts were taken? Is that stealing?
Unread 12-28-2011, 12:45 AM   #2945
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I guess it's not stealing...it's environmental cleanup. If that alternator doesn't fit urs but will fit mine, I want it! Dont know interchangeability though. I'll help you fit it to yours if it needs clearancing. Was wondering if the headliner is still good. What about door panels? We could go nuts taking stuff. We could try winching it, worst case...it doesn't work.
Unread 12-28-2011, 05:16 AM   #2946
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

I think it will be a 117amp alternator. They go for around 140 with prices going up to 200+. The 5.9 had higher amp alts. The water pump looks good from the pic. If if went I would get a lot of stuff. The computer might be worth pulling as well as all of the sensors you can reach. Some parts need those awful star hex tips. Valve covers look nice and that big ol brake booster is worth something. That thing looks new. Incredible. Those injectors are rated 23.2lbs@ 49PSI. They might be too big for the 2.5 and you will run rich.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 07:41 AM   #2947
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

any chances you guys could grab the cigarette lighter and gas cap for me. Possibly siphon out the tank and take it to a lab for analysis to ensure that it is still good?
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 09:21 AM   #2948
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Those injectors are rated 23.2lbs@ 49PSI. They might be too big for the 2.5 and you will run rich.
I cross referenced the part numbers and they match for performance upgrade. I'm already running Mustang injectors without issues. They really help on the interstate.
Unread 12-28-2011, 09:27 AM   #2949
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
I guess it's not stealing...it's environmental cleanup. If that alternator doesn't fit urs but will fit mine, I want it! Dont know interchangeability though. I'll help you fit it to yours if it needs clearancing. Was wondering if the headliner is still good. What about door panels? We could go nuts taking stuff. We could try winching it, worst case...it doesn't work.
Did you guys see that pile of trash as we were almot off the trail? That was the one I saw being dumped from a UHaul truck. Just yesterday we saw a couple guys setting up a flat screen TV out there. When we were on top of the mountain, we heard shooting. On our way down, we saw the busted up TV they just left. Hate it when people do that.

Seats looked like they might be ok, but there are large rocks on the rear bench seat. Headliner looked like it was falling in. I couln't open either door, so I don't know about the door panels.
Unread 12-28-2011, 11:47 AM   #2950
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Guys, that might be worth a trip out there on Saturday with a trailer to carry parts.
Unread 12-28-2011, 12:12 PM   #2951
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

I think those injectors are single hole. Aren't your stang injectors like 4 hole for better atomization? I wouldn't think they would be an improvement if they are. Just something to think about.
Unread 12-28-2011, 12:56 PM   #2952
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I've got a trailer and sat off I'm down I call the heads.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 01:03 PM   #2953
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Damn, I wish I could go. That sounds like a whole lot of pirate loot. I may be flying over you while your working on it. I'll try to beep the horn if it has one. You guys should get all of the pumps. PS pump, water pump, the pump pump. You will need that stuff when as spares when you get your jeep up and running again. Take the air hat and starter if you can. People buy that stuff. I am salivating here. Grab the ignition coil maybe it still works.
Unread 12-28-2011, 01:53 PM   #2954
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Who all is interested in a Saturday stripping of that truck. I would go out myself but not knowing where it is I would rather go with someone who knows where it is. And I don't mind pulling things for people that I won't need or use. Let me know because I'm really excited now. As far as legality I believe anything left in the desert is considered abandoned and legal to take. I don't remember the time length but I think it is less than a year. Some friends and I pulled an 05 Honda rimcon 400 out of logandale that had been run off a cliff. All it took was dragging it home and new right front end and we ride it to this day.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 02:39 PM   #2955
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I wanna go, but keep in min it's new years eve and I-15 will be a parking lot from all the californidiots! I'm down, I'll bring my trailer too, want all the lights and lenses bumpers door panels fuel tank assy, whatever I can fit on my trailer!! What time you guys wanna go? Worst case we could go through pahdump to get back!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.