Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#39,321 ·
Syncityj said:
Sounds like it's the same. Mine needs done, I just can't afford the $1,000 quote to have someone else do it.
It isn't really all that hard it just takes a long time to do it. I know there are threads with step by step instructions so you can see what you are getting into. I would suggest getting a quality replacement so you never have to do it again. Also if you have any burned out dash lights it would be smart to do it all at once because you take out the instrument cluster anyways.

#39,322 ·
LOL, YES!!!! Something my exploder finally has the Jeeps beat on! Heater core is about a 15 minute job!!! LOL 2 hose clamps and 4 little screws and it drops right out...

Oh and I can knock driving to the bottom of the grand canyon off my to do list... Did that yesterday with some jeeps. Pretty fun scenic day trip! Nothing of any challenge at all, just a general site seeing type run.
got any pics?

of the grand canyon, not the heater core, lol.

#39,323 ·
got any pics?

of the grand canyon, not the heater core, lol.
All the pics I took right here... Basically, this is the general road all the way down into the canyon. It's 19 miles of dirt. Down near the bottom there's a few very easy mellow water crossings. A stock 2wd truck could make it, heck just about any 80's car could make it. Not sure I'd take a modern sitting low to the ground car down it though... LOL

The group, I was driving the white jeep in the middle... Yes, driving... I've figured this thing out pretty well actually. Wanna go jeeping? Take someone elses ride. Wanna race trucks? Sure, take someone elses ride... LOL

this is the feeder stream that you cross a few times and at one point is basically flowing right down the trail.

It's about 45 minutes past Kingman to the dirt road. You have to bribe, I mean pay the tribe to run down and they charge per person at the lodge right across the street from where you turn off Route 66. I think the address was actually 900 route 66 for the lodge if I remember right and it looked like a decent place to stay if you wanted for $100 a night. It was $27 a head to go down to the river though. Pretty cool to do at least once and a nice day trip.

Google maps Peach Springs, Az. Find Diamond Creed Rd and follow it all the way till it hits the water. Not sure what the Indian's fine you if you're caught down there without the permit. We did get checked FYI... No booth or anything but a ranger coming up from the river stopped the whole group and checked everyone.

That is all...

#39,327 ·
Khris the sliders worked well and held up against some bashing about in Logandale. There were a few obstacles that I has to use the sliders as a pivot point to get around something. I also found out just how well that red rock grips tires, as in clawing my way up a vertical wall with and under cut.

#39,328 ·
Good to hear they won the battle in the rocks!!! I heard you possibly may owe me some money from a PM you possibly recieved? LOL, told you cheap!

Let me know when/if you want to do more work on those sliders though, cap the ends, top plate, etc... We could make templates some evening quickly out of construction paper and then I'll draw them up and have them plasma cut and then just weld it all up.

#39,329 ·
Good to hear they won the battle in the rocks!!! I heard you possibly may owe me some money from a PM you possibly recieved? LOL, told you cheap!

Let me know when/if you want to do more work on those sliders though, cap the ends, top plate, etc... We could make templates some evening quickly out of construction paper and then I'll draw them up and have them plasma cut and then just weld it all up.
Yep, as soon as I can meet up with you.

Perhaps when I meet to give you some cash for said items we can get the templates made.

#39,330 ·
I also found out just how well that red rock grips tires, as in clawing my way up a vertical wall with and under cut.
heck yes. that stuff is like sand paper and sticks like glue. I loved wheeling out there, you just crawl up and down everything.

#39,333 ·
#39,336 ·
It's making me earn it that's for sure!

Heads, oil pan, front engine cover and some other goodies are going to be hot tanked tomorrow. Heads, just going to do a grind on the valves and valve seals while they're out. Slapping in new rings all around, new piston/rod on the one cylinder, new head bolts, all new gaskets and seals and putting it back together. Then we'll see if it works or if there's a 3rd in and out of the motor in my future.

Not sure what happened... No signs of contact anywhere. Maybe hydrolocked or something? LKQ is compensating me though for it.

#39,338 ·
No clue... Just gonna work on getting it freshened up and put together and see what happens. I've got a couple minor things to do to my truck this week still, then it's getting pushed into the driveway and out of the garage. At that point, the race truck comes in and the rear of it is stripped down to do the rear axle swap. I'm picking up the new goodies for it on Sat.

Should look basically like this on the rear of the race truck in the next week or two...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.