Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1964 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Packages

Unread 07-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #29446
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Unless I'm wrong, the front should lock both sides together under slippage, right? How quickly should they lock, side to side?

Unread 07-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #29447
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

When not turning under power a auto locked axle will stay locked all the time.
Puck81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #29448
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

So what's the deal? the TC seems to be working correctly, I though anyway. When testing near the house, all 4 tires were digging into the soil. Obviously, in the video, the front and rear weren't in concert. Why? and Why didn't it make any strange noises or act strangely, other than the mentioned and obvious difference in wheel speed?
Unread 07-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #29449
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Did you try to climb that same hill at all?
Unread 07-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #29450
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

yeah, I have video of me climbing it. Ill post shortly. Its still importing all the footage from today.
Unread 07-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #29451
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

All fixed! Just did the one side, will do the other side some other day.
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #29452
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball View Post
All fixed! Just did the one side, will do the other side some other day.
Oooh! Shiney!
Unread 07-20-2013, 01:45 PM   #29453
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Here's the ascent. The front is obviously NOT locking up! If it is, it sure isn't correctly!

Unread 07-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #29454
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Looks like my free 22 is a shooter.

25 yards

image-2797088475.jpg

Not bad for a 70 year old 22

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 05:21 PM   #29455
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Well dang Powr, my experience with the Detroit was that it never locked unless I had my foot on the gas. Have you tried checking out the manual/manufacturer website for troubleshooting?

Marneous, that rifle looked great to me before you shot it, now I like it even more. Better keep it locked up
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #29456
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Well dang Powr, my experience with the Detroit was that it never locked unless I had my foot on the gas. Have you tried checking out the manual/manufacturer website for troubleshooting?

Marneous, that rifle looked great to me before you shot it, now I like it even more. Better keep it locked up
Auto lockers only lock when torque is applied. In other words, if you aren't giving it gas, they don't lock. The reason that your front tires are spinning at a different speed than the back could be either locker or T-case. If the locker isn't locked, all the available torque goes to the wheel with the least amount of traction and it can spin a hell of a lot faster than the other tires. If the front axle wasn't getting power, it would allow both front tires to freewheel allowing them both to spin at whatever speed they wanted. The issue could be either.

Edit: Sorry thought I quoted Powr. Bonez, your Detriots are working properly.

Edit 2: Turned up the settings on my youtube from 144P toe 480P. Looks like Puck was correct about your T-case. The first time I watched, because of the low quality, it was only possible to tell how fast one front tire was spinning. When I turned up the quality, it looks as though both of your front tires are freewheeling. Check your linkage and make sure you are actually getting it into 4-lo

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 07:02 PM   #29457
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Put smaller tires on the rear and see if that fixes it.
Unread 07-20-2013, 07:06 PM   #29458
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Is that? I think it is! How the hell are you YSB?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 07:11 PM   #29459
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez

Hahaha. I need to get a magazine and a buttplate and it will be complete. I have a rear sight on the way already.

image-920286349.jpg

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 08:13 PM   #29460
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny
Hey YSB! Nice to see you pop in and still kicking - how've you been?
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.