Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 196 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 12-27-2011, 09:30 PM   #2926
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
lemmie know if you find any full size cherokees or wagoneers or j-trucks!
i went to a couple yards the other day and didnt see any. im looking for a wagoneer to get front springs from to stretch my rig.

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2011, 09:53 PM   #2927
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Here is where we spent most of our day. For those that joined me this past Saturday, this is that range just North of where we were. Across that wash and along that base is where the trail is to the Sultan mine where we were shooting.

We were exploring along the edge of the old volcano trying to find that red car we spotted a few weeks ago that went over the edge.
img_5706.jpg  
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2011, 09:59 PM   #2928
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

We found this up there. Kind of puzzled us for a bit. We've seen plenty of ore chutes around there, but this one wasn't like any we've seen in the area.
img_5715.jpg  
Unread 12-27-2011, 10:01 PM   #2929
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

This one went down and almost to the edge, but we saw no signs of any tailing piles. Then, we realized what it was. A launch pad for gliders. Odd place to put it. That road leading up to it was rough. Not a technical road, but extremely rocky and uncomfortable.
img_5720.jpg  
Unread 12-27-2011, 10:04 PM   #2930
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

That car turned out to be a truck. We roped up and headed down. I was half expecting to find a body still buckled in the seat. My wife was the first to notice all the wheels were stripped with the lug nuts gone meaning, they came off before the truck went down.

We called Metro and gave them the tag # that expired way back in 2000. It's been up there that long and looks like it was dumped this month. They already knew about.

The ropes were mostly for safety, but when we got down to it we saw that ropes weren't needed at all. The truck was firmly planted and well far from the edge. It looked much steeper from a distance.
img_5722.jpg  
Unread 12-27-2011, 10:06 PM   #2931
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

At least the truck has a nice view. It's a Ram 1500.
img_5727.jpg  
Unread 12-27-2011, 10:11 PM   #2932
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

If anyone wants to work hard to get it, that's a 5.2L Magnum engine. It would work well in someones Jeep. The motor looks very clean and in good shape. The trans is resting on the rocks, so I'm guessing there would be damage to it. Would be a shame to let that free engine go to waste.

I couldn't get the door open to check the year of the truck, but I did find the same part number for the PCM on Ebay that fits a 1999. Looks like it was less than a year old. Does anyone know if the alternator would fit my 2001 Wrangler? I thought I read that it was a direct fit replacement. I wouldn't mind having a few more amps.
img_5737.jpg  
Unread 12-27-2011, 10:13 PM   #2933
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Last picture of the day. We had about half an hour before the sun went behind that mountain and without aux. lights, we needed to hurry. Hit pavement just as the sun went down. It was a good day.

Does anyone know if that alternator would fit my 2001?
img_5766.jpg  
Unread 12-27-2011, 10:18 PM   #2934
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
My old 2.5 was turrabul. i was on 32's, it did GREAT on the trail and around town, but on the highway I'd be stuck going 50 in the truck lane. Driving up mt. charleston was a 3rd gear affair, cooking at like 4000rpm, because i couldnt maintain 45mph if i jumped to 4th gear.
How was yours geared? I have 3.73's now and I can easily get over 80 and maintain it, but it has a tough time up steep grades. I plan on regearing to 4.56's soon and it should run around 3400 RPM's at 70MPH. Right now, 3400 RPM's has me holding 85 MPH and the motor seems fine with it.
Unread 12-27-2011, 10:42 PM   #2935
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Wow that motor has a lot of nice parts on it. Throttle body, alternator, Power steering pump, ect. Free money right there. It may be worth getting out the sawzall and winching it out.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2011, 10:48 PM   #2936
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Yeah, I was just checking Ebay for prices. Used injectors for that motor are selling for $80-100. Those should be easy to pull. Just from what can be reached, there's at least an easy $500 and more.

Want to strip a truck with me?
Unread 12-27-2011, 10:51 PM   #2937
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Just found out those injectors will work with my 2.5. Wonder what else fits mine.
Unread 12-27-2011, 10:56 PM   #2938
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

We should try to get as much treasure as we can. That alternator isn't cheap either. The fan clutch assembly is worth something too if it's not bashed up. I would like to take the intake apart and have it ported.
Unread 12-27-2011, 11:02 PM   #2939
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

We'll be heading back tomorrow morning. You busy? 4WD wasn't needed at all up there. Your ride should make it just fine.

Parts should make enough to cover than shaft replacement you need. All I want from it is injectors and maybe that alternator, but only if it interchanges with my 2.5. Still trying to confirm if it does. I've read that it might with some grinding.

Anything else you want to pull would be yours.
Unread 12-27-2011, 11:09 PM   #2940
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

I would like to go but we have company coming in and I am charged with house and garage cleaning duties. It will have to wait until after the weekend.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.