Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1956 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FLASH SALE! Open thread to reveil the Newest Sale @ ROCKRIFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 07-17-2013, 09:36 PM   #29326
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I figure between the rack, the heavy ashed tires, and the gear change, I'll be lucky to see 10mpg! Lol. Was getting 15-ish before. We'll see, and I'll report back once I fill up and check it.

Unread 07-18-2013, 06:47 AM   #29327
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Yeah, I figure between the rack, the heavy ashed tires, and the gear change, I'll be lucky to see 10mpg! Lol. Was getting 15-ish before. We'll see, and I'll report back once I fill up and check it.
**** I get 13 mpg during a good week! Haha it takes me close to a tank just to get to St. George these days!
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 08:20 AM   #29328
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Do you have lockers?
Yes sir, front and rear...

And for the record, if you're calling me fat...

Motortrend... '91 ford exploder curb weight... 4233lbs

http://www.motortrend.com/classic/ro...t/viewall.html

And I just pulled a random year outta the air...

'09 JK rubicon 4 door (figure its the comparable, 4 door, locked front and rear)

Curb weight 4419lbs

http://www.edmunds.com/jeep/wrangler...tyle=101085337

Some other comparables...

Jeep / Exploder

Wheel Base 116" / 112"
Track Width 62" / 58" (mine is +8 up front though)

Ground Clearance 10" / 6" (granted none of ours are stock, and I wonder where this is measured cause my underneath is flatter then TJ's for sure, never compared parked next to a JK, I'm guessing this is at the rear dif though since stock exploders came with like a 28" tire vs. JK on a 33". I know a few on here will vouch I'm probably winning the underside clearance battle, even if you're rocking a flat skidplate system, but I lack it at the body rocker area in comparison to jeeps.)

Length 184" / 184"
HP 202 / 155 (Mine is gutless but damn, have you driven the old JK's? They're gutless too, I really question that 202 number!)
TQ 237@4000rpm / 220@2400rpm

IMO, my $9,000ish Exploder by the stats may sit a little lower off the showroom floor but I think you owe me an apology for insinuating that I'm fat! LOL I'll take it over the cost of a 4 door JK rubicon! LOL

Kinda interesting how close a lot of those numbers are!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 08:26 AM   #29329
JPrich

Alright gents, it's as official as I can be at this point, two months out and half way around the world BUT......we are in for the HDRA Bighorn 300. It's a night race (Sat, Sept 28) so start planning your excuses for your wives/lady friends now and come hang out with us! Not sure how access is going to go since its not BLM land but if you can come let Khris know. We'll need to compile a list of who we'll have out so I can forge all the safety waiver forms and all of that.

Look forward to hanging out and visiting with everyone. Oh yeah, and KICKING ***!

TPF Racing FTW!
JPrich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 08:43 AM   #29330
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Damn Khris, talk about heavy rigs. My XJ is suposed 3385 lbs a TJ of the same year 3290.... Then again, your Sploder is massive next to my peuny XJ.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 08:49 AM   #29331
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

And speaking of heavy rigs, Marns Waggy is the undisputed fat rig. If i remember Marn said his Waggy weighed 5000 lbs.
Unread 07-18-2013, 08:50 AM   #29332
sirhk100

LOL, yeah, mines heavy but if I'm getting called fat then I'm including everyone on here with a 4 door JK in the fat club! LOL Funny thing is my roof line sitting on 35's sits the same as powers on 33's and I think Marricks on 33's may actually sit higher then I do. Mine looks tall but it's cause of the fenders and wheel well clearance, it actually really doesn't sit that high.

Unread 07-18-2013, 08:59 AM   #29333
sirhk100

BTW Puck, you don't have a frame... LOL So enjoy your minivan!

Unread 07-18-2013, 09:06 AM   #29334
sirhk100

So yesterday, ran across town after work, picked up tubing, ran home, washed my truck. Washed the dog too. Then grabbed a bite to eat. Then started making the tube into something. Then hopped in the shower around 7:15ish and ran back across town for westside wed which was absolutely packed last night!

Got this done on the drivers side and got the passenger one bent and cut. Needs to be welded on still. This isn't finished, there will be two little spread/support tubes along the length and also a top plate the whole length of it to kinda turn it into a running board of sort. LOL, trying to add weight so I can get up there with the JK's!

How far out it sticks from the entry.

Quicky weld! Started to get a little ugly as it wrapped around the front. WHoops...

And an overall to see kinda where I'm going with this.

I should have both sides 100% done tomorrow night other then the top plate which may not be for a week or two. My plasma cutter source is down for a little bit right now.

Unread 07-18-2013, 09:29 AM   #29335
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
BTW Puck, you don't have a frame... LOL So enjoy your minivan!
Sure, make fun of teh cherocars... It's not like i was poking fun of the Sploder... But meh, it's still a Jeep with solid axles front and rear.

BTW when you going to test run Red? I mean before Devils Peak.
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:35 AM   #29336
sirhk100

Me and another friend were talking about hitting up a spot out at the very end of Flamingo that supposedly has a water fall or two to screw around on really quick. If I can knock out those sliders pictured above at a reasonable time Friday evening we may go out really quick friday afterwards.

Unread 07-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #29337
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Me and another friend were talking about hitting up a spot out at the very end of Flamingo that supposedly has a water fall or two to screw around on really quick. If I can knock out those sliders pictured above at a reasonable time Friday evening we may go out really quick friday afterwards.
Well, if i can get off my lazy *** tonight and replace my starter, i will try and join you friday if i can.
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:47 AM   #29338
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Anybody interested in a Remington 1917? (This one was built 1918).

Going to be selling it for a friend once I get it cleaned up. It's complete but the bolt has a different serial number.

Only issue appears to be the crack in the stock, but it doesn't affect shooting .

image-3323889746.jpg

image-557368539.jpg

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #29339
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

What round does it shoot and how much?
Unread 07-18-2013, 10:04 AM   #29340
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81
What round does it shoot and how much?
It's a 30-06 baby! US 30 CAL!!!!

Probably like 300-500 depending on how it cleans up. Not sure yet I been keeping my eye on gun broker seeing what hey go for and it's kinda all over the place.

Also I know where to find 160 rounds of ammo at a good price too!

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.