Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1954 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 07-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #29296
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81
News said an animal got into a transformer on windmill and green valley.
So a bum got cooked?!

Unread 07-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #29297
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

powr, come get your damn scorpions.

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 12:47 PM   #29298
sirhk100

Power, what do you need scorpions for?

Oh, and wtf is wrong with our society? We can't even go a day let alone a week without waking up to some new headline that just makes absolutely no sense! People are so outta their minds these days it's insane! (the latest, rolling stone mag putting the boston bomber on the cover? WTF???!!! They're glamorizing that a$$clown?)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #29299
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I'm currently thawing the scorpion family out to see if it comes back to life.

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 07-17-2013, 01:01 PM   #29300
sirhk100

Huh, so it's kinda like aliens where they freeze themselves for space travel, only you're practicing with scorpions?

Unread 07-17-2013, 01:05 PM   #29301
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post

Oh, and wtf is wrong with our society? We can't even go a day let alone a week without waking up to some new headline that just makes absolutely no sense! People are so outta their minds these days it's insane! (the latest, rolling stone mag putting the boston bomber on the cover? WTF???!!! They're glamorizing that a$$clown?)
Same thing with this stupid Treyvon deal. How come all the people getting shot up in Compton or other ghettos aren't on the national news daily? Media picks and chooses what will make a huge dramatic reaction from society, which then gets high profile activists, athletes, singers, rappers movie stars ect.....all to tell us THEIR feelings about it......who gives an ish!!!

I mean OJ was proven innocent....I'm good with it lol

Changing a little direction here....

Related to my above story...One thing I think this country largely fails to recognize AND ACCEPT is that racism still and always will exist. I have many stories of my own of how people have treated me through my life......but I don't dwell on it. I can tell the difference when someone is serious and joking, neither bother me one bit. I just put my hater-blocking shades on and move on

This country needs one thing with its people........OWNERSHIP. My problems aren't yours, and yours aren't mine!.

Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 01:13 PM   #29302
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm modifying my alarm system on the Jeep. If someone gets too close, it will chirp once. At the critical trigger though, a chute will engage from the OBA and fling the scorpions outward from under the Jeep. It took a little fabrication, but I was able to use an old ice chute from a soda machine and make it work. Just need the scorpions. Ill be feeding them ants from the neighbors yard. They will stay on board in a small plastic tub on top of the TC skid plate.
Unread 07-17-2013, 01:13 PM   #29303
sirhk100

^^^^^ Brown problems...

<<<<<< white problems...

Damn you power, that was supposed to be right under Garza's comment!!! But now that I read it, I'm not sure if serious or joking... LOL

Oh, one thing I have less of a problem with??? A front axle that's too short in my hooptie! Got the new shaft installed last night and looks perfect the 2nd time around! Pass side is weeping a little bit of oil out the seal but not enough to worry about. I'll get a seal on order and swap it out sometime sooner then later. I also have the tubing for my sliders in and just need to pick it up today after work. I'm actually going to try to knock out the 2 bends and 4 cuts and actually have them welded in place tonight. Yeah, you know, just another night... Off work at 4ish, run over to decatur and 215, get tubing, haul but back over to trop and 95, fab up sliders, wash toyota, be back over on the far west side of Flamingo around 8ish... Take that you family people! LOL I kid I kid!!!

Unread 07-17-2013, 01:16 PM   #29304
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
^^^^^ Brown problems...

<<<<<< white problems...

Damn you power, that was supposed to be right under Garza's comment!!! But now that I read it, I'm not sure if serious or joking... LOL

Oh, one thing I have less of a problem with??? A front axle that's too short in my hooptie! Got the new shaft installed last night and looks perfect the 2nd time around! Pass side is weeping a little bit of oil out the seal but not enough to worry about. I'll get a seal on order and swap it out sometime sooner then later. I also have the tubing for my sliders in and just need to pick it up today after work. I'm actually going to try to knock out the 2 bends and 4 cuts and actually have them welded in place tonight. Yeah, you know, just another night... Off work at 4ish, run over to decatur and 215, get tubing, haul but back over to trop and 95, fab up sliders, wash toyota, be back over on the far west side of Flamingo around 8ish... Take that you family people! LOL I kid I kid!!!
I have brown and white people problems!! I'm only half.

Hurry and finish that hooptie so we can go wheel!! I'm out this weekend though, headed to the beach....gotta go work on my tan.
Unread 07-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #29305
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post

Hurry and finish that hooptie so we can go wheel!!
Can i come?

wait....or are you talking about actually leaving pavement? nevermind then.

Quote:

Unread 07-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #29306
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post

Hurry and finish that hooptie so we can go wheel!! I'm out this weekend though, headed to the beach....gotta go work on my tan.
You just want to try and spot me into situations that rip off fenders!!! I'm onto you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Can i come?

wait....or are you talking about actually leaving pavement? nevermind then.
Actually some of the wm702 guys are talking about devils peak sat night which I've never done but I'm sure brakes aren't mandatory and I've never done it myself but did find this link in my search for seeing how mild to wild it might be in case I feel confident enough to partake... And well... I spotted 2 things obvious... 1st, that stockish looking pos IFS yota ran it and well, 2nd, I'll let you figure out the other thing I spotted.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/usa-n...k-jean-nv.html

Unread 07-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #29307
sirhk100

BTW, Ricky, give David a heads up cause he's expected to show also but... LOL (maybe j-prich will even post since he's obviously spying this thread on occasion) Our next tentatively planned race is up north on the moapa res/valley of fire and it's a night race on Sept 28th. Not 100% confirmed yet but it's very very likely to happen. I'd say when J-prich books his flight that's when it will be 100% confirmed. LOL But pencil it in. The thing of interest though is during the tech/contingency on Friday up there they'll also be running an Ultra 4 race at the same time. This was just posted by one of the HDRA head honcho's.

Quote:
It is going to be a great weekend. Pre running on Wednesday & Thursday. KOH racing during HDRA tech at Moapa on Friday with a 10,000 s.f. air conditioned tent, Monster stunt team and live Ultra 4's, too many things to watch. Party after tech and KOH race on Friday night. Clean up the course on Saturday morning, HDRA race Saturday afternoon until midnight. Wheew !
Info regarding the ultra 4 gig...

http://ultra4racing.com/the-inside-l...-to-las-vegas/

I'm sure it's an open invite to anyone that wants to come hang out with part of the TPF gig on both Friday during tech and Sat night at the race itself but as more incentive that ultra 4 gig will be going on at the same time...

Unread 07-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #29308
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Marn ^^^^ I did just seriously LOL

Khris....now why would I do that (the spotting)? COOL, definitely in if that event happens!!

Installed some new armor yesterday on the bumpers and steering box

Unread 07-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #29309
sirhk100

I already got armor in that area, it comes stock on exploders!!! Goofy azz jeeps!!! Mine is this ultra exotic plastic like material.

Unread 07-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #29310
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza

Me too. We are going to San Diego Saturday morning coming back Tuesday.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.