Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1951 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 07-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #29251
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryN View Post
If you still want one, this will be here and for sale toward the end of summer. We built it about 2 years ago, and haven't run it much.

Gorgeous! Asking price? Out of my range for sure, but my wife loves these. I really want to do an early fj40, but yeah...

edit: Oh, and with this thing being Orange to boot....I better not let her see this pic!

Unread 07-16-2013, 03:09 PM   #29252
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I'd rock that bronco.

Once this chick i knew saw me drive by after not seeing her for a few years, and she wa sall "you looked great driving that bronco!"

And i was all "it's a jeep dammit!" and never talked to her again.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #29253
Vegas 4x4
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Gorgeous! Asking price? Out of my range for sure, but my wife loves these. I really want to do an early fj40, but yeah...

edit: Oh, and with this thing being Orange to boot....I better not let her see this pic!
Thanks, we like how it turned out too. We'd like to get $40k, but we also know the economy might not support that price.

Here's a couple of links to the build, be patient - our web server is behaving badly.

http://www.crawlmagforum.com/forum/c...Bronco-Project

http://www.crawlmagforum.com/forum/s...Bronco-Project
Vegas 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #29254
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Well khris that is how crazy an effect love can have on you. I have no kids and honestly scared to death of having any. I was half lucky with my inlaws. Father in law is way cool and we hangout a lot. His wife on the other hand is bat **** crazy. Like literally crazy. She robbed us once. We had them over for dinner and my wife grabbed her purse she almost forgot and found all of her jewelry in it. Not some of it, all of it.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 03:38 PM   #29255
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

for some reason i found this very funny even though i hate spiders.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 07-16-2013, 03:56 PM   #29256
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Well khris that is how crazy an effect love can have on you. I have no kids and honestly scared to death of having any. I was half lucky with my inlaws. Father in law is way cool and we hangout a lot. His wife on the other hand is bat **** crazy. Like literally crazy. She robbed us once. We had them over for dinner and my wife grabbed her purse she almost forgot and found all of her jewelry in it. Not some of it, all of it.
Sounds like way too much work, I'll stick with the list of randoms and keep enjoying life headache free. LOL Not saying I've never been in love but definitely haven't found anyone that's worth the baggage coming along with it. Quite happy single, just find it funny that for every say 1 story that makes kids and relationships sound cool, there's about 25 that make it sound borderline miserable.

And Marn, is it wrong that I think I could easily picture my dog being equally as dumb as that spider?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #29257
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post

And Marn, is it wrong that I think I could easily picture my dog being equally as dumb as that spider?

In Cody's dog voice:

"Huh?! gotta hide gotta hide gotta hide! Cant fit here? Cant fit here? Cant fit here? Crap!

There, I cant see em, they don't know where I am!"

Quote:

Unread 07-16-2013, 04:21 PM   #29258
Syncityj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
I was organizing and backing up some old pictures last night and found these. I do miss the old TJ

When we bought it

Right before I sold it

I wanted to keep it and do more with it. Dang kids
Where was the water picture taken?

Sent from Hell
Syncityj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 04:22 PM   #29259
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Dang, I cannot say enough good about ARB. I bought their fridge hold down kit and one of the straps frayed pretty bad the first time using it. Needless to say I just emailed ARB instead of driving down to 4WP and waiting for them to re order a kit... then drive down again. Anyways I was just expecting a single strap to replace the broken one, instead they sent me a whole new kit. Granted it is only a $30 kit, but still that is some top notch customer service in my eyes.
Unread 07-16-2013, 04:26 PM   #29260
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncityj View Post
Where was the water picture taken?

Sent from Hell

Burro wash, A long rough trail. Nothing too technical just softball size rocks everywhere that makes it slower. But the reward at the end is a good one with a private cove on the Colorado River.

http://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/Burro_Wash
Unread 07-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #29261
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Dang, I cannot say enough good about ARB. I bought their fridge hold down kit and one of the straps frayed pretty bad the first time using it. Needless to say I just emailed ARB instead of driving down to 4WP and waiting for them to re order a kit... then drive down again. Anyways I was just expecting a single strap to replace the broken one, instead they sent me a whole new kit. Granted it is only a $30 kit, but still that is some top notch customer service in my eyes.
Much better than I got with Or Fab, never heard anything back about the **** job with the missing parts.

And Matthew, gasoline didn't work to clean off the foam residue that was stuck to the powder coat, it actually ruined the finish more (I knew I shouldn't have listened to you, haha).
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 04:32 PM   #29262
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Burro wash, A long rough trail. Nothing too technical just softball size rocks everywhere that makes it slower. But the reward at the end is a good one with a private cove on the Colorado River.

http://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/Burro_Wash
Its pretty washed out as you drop into the final canyon (right before the water) these days. You'll want a little bit of clearance for sure, especially on the way out. Its a great camping spot, camped down there last Labor Day.
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 05:04 PM   #29263
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
There's gotta be at least one of you that sway from the jeep or die attitude and have some appreciation for the classic broncos? If so, when you're bored, here's a nice build thread to check out. Full frame up restomod build with finished pictures at the end! Such an insanely nice finished ride!

http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/sho...y-Bronco-build
I can always appreciate any well made & built vehicle & I LOVE classic bronco's, the real classics though, not the 80's that are listed as classics now.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 05:11 PM   #29264
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02
Hello everybody.
Hiya Andy! How's life treating you out there?
Unread 07-16-2013, 05:14 PM   #29265
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Okay, just want to get a couple things straight from the single and no kids perspective. If you're married, your wife is a pain in the ***, doesn't let you do stuff, won't let you have toys, tells you what to do right? And along with her comes a MIL that you dispise, fear, can't stand... right? And then that progresses to having a kid or kids which then take every dime you had for any toys that your wife may have actually allowed because the numbers I hear for diapers, daycare, education, etc are outright insane and along with those costs you now have a burden that takes up virtually every spare moment that you have when not working. Am I hearing all this right? Just want to make sure... And on top of that, from what I've heard is that once your married not only does your wife gain weight but she also drastically cuts back on the frequency of sex and BJ's...

This is just what I've picked up on this forum over the year or two... Well with exception to Garza, he somehow seems to have possibly landed the one exception to the rule. LOL Although the kid just started so who knows, it may be changing...

I'll go ahead and ***** about the choices I choose to keep myself typically overwhelmingly busy! LOL
I guess I am the exception too. My wife is awesome and gives me more than I could ask for in every way (yeah, read into that if you want), in fact I am probably more of a burden to her than the other way around if anything. I honestly don't understand the misery people have in their marriage; I even like my inlaws too!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.