Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#38,984 ·
For the most part I like working on the stuff and the payoff when finished is insane! First time I took Jason's truck out, I'm guessing 45 seconds into the first drive, I'd completely 100% forgotten the previous 8 months of work on it. Not to mention, for me, I'd rather be out in the garage working then in the house watching TV or something. Strangely enough, working out there after work is easy, it's the weekend's that's sometimes hard to get out there to start. Once I'm going though, all good.

#38,988 ·
Haven't even heard of it actually... Is there anything in Nothing?

edit... Actually I guess I've driven thu it after just looking on a map of where it's at.

There's a cool canyon I've wanted to explore somewhere on that strip of highway that's easily seen heading north from Phx as you start climbing out of the desert floor.

#38,989 ·
#38,990 ·
#38,993 ·
Just one good climb on the way home... Got the spare mounted on the trailer?
long as its not equivalent to driving up mt. charleston i think I'll be okay, lol.

No spare on the camper. I keep it in the jeep since I dont have a spare for the jeep.

If i mount the spare on the camper I need to pull it off when i side out the bed (it sticks up too far) and also it wobbles and the increase weight of the much larger spare was causing the back of the camper to fall apart, which I fixed early this year or late last year or whatever. Thats why I want to put it at a 45* angle (make it sit lower) and run a little brace down to the bumper to keep it from wobbling. Also the angle will be necessary to run the brace down to the bumper. You'll understand when you see it, if you see it lol.

Would need like 2' of like 1/2" square stock, a sawzall, and a welder.

#38,995 ·
So I decided I should do something today, started out with just the passenger side fender mocked into place then....

And then I ran out of welding gas. But the sheet metal is cut of the passenger side fender. So it shouldn't be much more work to have them busted out. I am kinda kicking my self in the *** for taking so long they were pretty easy

#38,996 ·
sirhk100 said:
We can knock that out soon for sure. The climb up I40 from needles is decent but not too gnarly in my opinion. I just assume that's how you'd be going. Have a boat connection down there?
If it's like highway hills that isn't a problem. It's when I need to gain 5000' elevation over the course of like 15 miles that causes problems apparently lol. I can drive to Ely and back without issue and you hit that pass up there right before the town that goes up almost to 8000. Also for this trip I am going to run mid grade and see what happens.

No boat connection. Just camping on the water for a few nights with my buddy's family. Same folks I went to June lake with.

#38,997 ·
Pretty sure the old one on the stand is giving the new used one up front dirty looks!!!

BTW, tearing into the old blown one even a bit more last night... Just more reinforcement that it really was a brand new motor! Crazy, there's piston pieces all the way up in the intake directly behind the throttle body even!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.