Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 195 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 12-27-2011, 10:50 AM   #2911
McRoberts
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
I keep on hearing about the dunes but I have never been, personally I don't know if my JK would be able to maintain speed out of the valley towing our 12ft enclosed trailer w/ 2 quads in it. That plus I only have one set of paddles
Ive towed my car with a 16' trailer. But, my car only weighs in at 1490 lbs... Total weight towed, (over the hill to go to Pahrump-Spring Mountain Race track) was 3450. Down shift on the hills, and drive at 65 instead of 75 on the interstate. Shouldn't have any problems.

Unread 12-27-2011, 10:59 AM   #2912
McRoberts
2011 JK Wrangler 

Wait!!! A 1490 pound car???

At the Cars and Coffee...
Unread 12-27-2011, 10:59 AM   #2913
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

You guys can go 65 uphill? That road leading up to Mt. Charleston makes me feel so weak. On the approach to the uphill, I can get it around 75, but once that hill starts I'm lucky if I can maintain 50.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2011, 11:01 AM   #2914
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Hitting a few mines south again in about an hour. Anyone else? Post it up within the next half hour if you want to go. Guests left this morning, so it'll just be me and Mrs. StupidBunny
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2011, 02:43 PM   #2915
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoberts View Post
Wait!!! A 1490 pound car???

At the Cars and Coffee...
Look at me I'm fancy I have an Atom!

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2011, 02:46 PM   #2916
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
You guys can go 65 uphill? That road leading up to Mt. Charleston makes me feel so weak. On the approach to the uphill, I can get it around 75, but once that hill starts I'm lucky if I can maintain 50.
I have zero problems cookin' uphill at 65+, even when my 5500 pound heep is loaded down for that matter.

We just went shooting out by nelson yesterday, loaded with 4 people, tons of ammo and guns, by far the most weight i've ever had in it. It was like riding a couch down the highway.

But then again, I have twice as many cylinders (assuming it's a day when they all decide to fire).

My old 2.5 was turrabul. i was on 32's, it did GREAT on the trail and around town, but on the highway I'd be stuck going 50 in the truck lane. Driving up mt. charleston was a 3rd gear affair, cooking at like 4000rpm, because i couldnt maintain 45mph if i jumped to 4th gear.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 12-27-2011, 02:56 PM   #2917
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

So where are some good junk yards that I could source a yoke and drive shaft for a ZJ around here? The one I was gonna order was 400 bucks. No thanks. That's 200 bucks more than I was willing to go. That's also 200 less that I can buy beer with.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2011, 03:01 PM   #2918
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

The 2 I like are the pic a parts one on losee rd near nellis and there is one on boulder highway near boulder choppers. They usually have a decent amount of zj's.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2011, 03:07 PM   #2919
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

lemmie know if you find any full size cherokees or wagoneers or j-trucks!

Unread 12-27-2011, 03:18 PM   #2920
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Ok thanks, I remember you telling me about that one near Nellis. It's in the classy part of town. I need to make it to the roulette table and see if I can't scare up some bucks. I also have never swapped a yoke before. I know there is precision required to keep the proper pre load on the bearing but I'm unsure about whether or not I will need a new crush sleeve. I will cross that when I get to it. If I find some full sized Jeep's I'll be sure to give you the intel. For a price that is muhahahahaha. J/k
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2011, 08:39 PM   #2921
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

So is any one up for some shooting on the 1st?
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2011, 08:43 PM   #2922
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

quite possibly. I've got a new gun in the mail and we need to try shooting the Mle1886 Lebel that was built in 1917 when the ammo arrives.

Unread 12-27-2011, 09:17 PM   #2923
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I think we were going to try to do some trails in the Nelson area maybe and then some shooting. Not set in stone or anything though.
Unread 12-27-2011, 09:19 PM   #2924
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hey doc, are you on one of those memberships like they used to do with movies, books and CDs in the 90's, but only this ones for guns? You seem to be gettin stuff in the mail all the time!
Unread 12-27-2011, 09:24 PM   #2925
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The JKs are running Copper cache and gold mine trails in Nelson on the first. Will post later if they are down for shooting too or if we need to do something else.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.