Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#38,961 ·
I know Merrick does but he's not local anymore... Anyone have a TJ with a rough country lift on it that would be around Sunday to give a friend like a 3 minute ride around the block and maybe on ramp to on ramp or something? She's looking at lifts and well honestly, that RC kit sure seems like a great bang for your buck but she's looking for something that doesn't ride like a brick either. I don't remember how his compared to stock...
Shocks suck but for the price of 300 I got it for I couldn't go wrong. I had much better ride on savvy springs and bilstein shocks and currie track bar. For around 600 total

#38,963 ·
raptor, which kits were those? Just springs/shocks or the ones that had the lower control arms too at least? I think she wants at least the control arms, possibly even all 8 with the adjustables. She's got a rubicon TJ, those come factory with a SYE basically don't they? So with the arms she could dial in pinions and probably be good to go?

#38,964 ·
sirhk100 said:
raptor, which kits were those? Just springs/shocks or the ones that had the lower control arms too at least? I think she wants at least the control arms, possibly even all 8 with the adjustables. She's got a rubicon TJ, those come factory with a SYE basically don't they? So with the arms she could dial in pinions and probably be good to go?
Factory sye or equivalent, yes. She'll be good at 3" more than likely without needing a CV driveshaft for sure.

#38,965 ·
The concert was pretty awesome. They put on a hell of a show, it was super entertaining. Was more tame than I imagined it would be.

Concert Purple Blue Musician Music

Musical instrument Light Musician Concert Purple

Ninja kept crowd surfing. That's pretty ballsy. Aside from getting all sorts of fingers up your bung hole I figure it's pretty easy to fall and get hurt lol.

Concert Music Purple Performing arts Entertainment

#38,966 ·
The one I got for 300 is the one that's on there site for 450 or 500. Came with LCA's, springs, shocks, brackets, sway bar links ect. The LCA's in the kit are not adjustable. And it really screamed for a SYE.

The kit I put together with 3" savvy springs, bilstein shocks, and currie track bar worked and rode 300 times better than that RC lift. And all I had to do was put some washers on the skid plate to correct the driveline angle.

Edit here is the RC kit i put on..
http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-suspension-lift-kit-906s.html

Heres the savvy springs
http://shop.savvyoffroad.com/produc...C9A6.m1plqscsfapp02?productId=97&categoryId=2
I got the springs from Garza for a discount along with the currie track bar
i put on bilstein 5100's from a guy on the forum for under 200 if i remember correctly

#38,968 ·
Raptor0206 said:
The kit I put together with 3" savvy springs, bilstein shocks, and currie track bar worked and rode 300 times better than that RC lift. And all I had to do was put some washers on the skid plate to correct the driveline angle.
That's a good way to go right there. Then buy the adjustable LCA's as money allows. Definitely a buy once, cry once deal.

#38,971 ·
If anyone, in their travels around town, finds an early 70's ram charger or trail duster with removable top for sale at a decent price, please let me know. Prefer relatively straight body and frame. Motor/trans not a big deal as I have a pretty sick little 340 auto setup that would do very well in it.
I would consider later model ones as well if the price was very attractive. Needs to have back seats for the kids though. Thanks.
Not sure if it's for sale or not but there is one on Decatur south of blue diamond that is sitting in a driveway. Hasn't moved in months. Looks clean but have never seen it moved from its spot.

#38,972 ·
Warboar_21 said:
Not sure if it's for sale or not but there is one on Decatur south of blue diamond that is sitting in a driveway. Hasn't moved in months. Looks clean but have never seen it moved from its spot.
Thanks for the heads up! I'll go check it out.

#38,976 ·
Seller is in Rosemead, CA and has plenty of feedback so not too concerned there. Was wondering how bright you think they might be?

#38,977 ·
I bet it's the exact same light I have which is more light then my exploder ever needs. Not enough to race on but enough for basically any of our vehicles.

Random but on my bike... I just added up retail on the larger accessory items and well, I'm at $2900 in that crap alone not counting the bike. I hate that the parts won't add hardly any value to the bike though. Sucks!!! LOL Definitely not a good return on investment.

#38,978 ·
Random but on my bike... I just added up retail on the larger accessory items and well, I'm at $2900 in that crap alone not counting the bike. I hate that the parts won't add hardly any value to the bike though. Sucks!!! LOL Definitely not a good return on investment.
Main reason i will never sell my raptor. I never ride it but there is no way ill sell it for nothing. I got about 10k into it and would be lucky to get 3k

#38,979 ·
Main reason i will never sell my raptor. I never ride it but there is no way ill sell it for nothing. I got about 10k into it and would be lucky to get 3k
replace "raptor" with "wagoneer" and my sentiments echo yours to the tee.

#38,980 ·
I give you props Khris I don't know how you stay motivated for your projects. I haven't spent more that 5 hours working on my jeep in the last few months because of the heat. Now that it's cooler I still sat my *** on the couch today when the plan was to finish my fenders.... It's so close to being done but I just seem to loose all drive on it. All my other projects were my daily drivers so I'd have to get them done by the end of the weekend. This one just sits :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.