Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1947 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at Oco

Unread 07-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #29191
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I had a stupid adjuster one time... she called me on a Friday and said that they were going to total my car and just needed my signature on Monday before they could. Needless to say the car was towed from the body shop, stripped, then returned on Sunday night. It was a 20th anniv GTI and we put all stock stuff on it. Brakes, trans, gauge cluster, ecu, seats, steering wheel... we took so much stuff off it was funny. My buddy was grinding down a brake caliper off a passat to get it to "look" stock. I feel bad for the junkyard that bought that car thinking it was a wrecked limited edition car.

Unread 07-15-2013, 01:03 PM   #29192
sirhk100

I sent a tacoma to the insurance person with ford suspension under it cause that's all I had to use between the time it was decided it would be totaled and the time they picked it up.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 01:27 PM   #29193
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

the worst part of mine was I went off a wet road and hit a 4x4 sign. The 4x4 broke the cast aluminum oil pan and knocked the oil pump chain off. When I was under it, I pointed out the chain to the adjuster and said that it was the timing chain... which on a turbo car would mean a new engine and turbo. The the new engine and turbo installed came out to almost $14k before it even got to the actual body damage. So her writing it up as an engine change is what totaled it. The body damage was not that bad... aside from it being a special edition and the front bumper,ground effects, and headlights were all special order and 3 times the normal price. I think everything came out to right at 78% of the cars value, so it was a no brainer after that.

That was the shadiest thing that I have ever done, but then again since it was totaled they did not pay me for all of the after market parts installed, even though they used them to hit the 78% which totaled it. Heck I think my FMIC was right around $1k alone.
Unread 07-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #29194
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3937905763.html
Put the parts on this thing.
Raptor0206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #29195
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
did you ever install the driveshaft to see if it fixed your problem?
Unread 07-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #29196
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post

did you ever install the driveshaft to see if it fixed your problem?
Not yet. I found a broken spring inside the rear drum. If that's not it I'll throw it in. Been to busy to mess with it. My 2nd new compressor should be here tomorrow so I'll probably mess with it after work.
Raptor0206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #29197
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Khris, this one is for you !!!!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/nearly...214437263.html
Unread 07-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #29198
sirhk100

LOL, there's basically probably 10 people that are active on this thread for the most part right? So who's the one? My phone doesn't do anything remotely as cool as sex so I can promise I'm not the one... LOL

This part is funny to me too...

" The survey says nearly three-quarters of people keep their smartphones within 5 feet a majority of the time"

Just this weekend alone Merrick blew up my phone and swung by my house while I was at a neighbors house on Sat and my phone was home. Did I miss it? Heck no... Then Sunday he was trying to get ahold of me again while I was in the garage and my phone was in the house. Did I miss anything? LOL Nope... I'm also the type that if I go on a weekend trip, as soon as I get to where I'm going I typically turn my phone off! I'll turn it on once or twice a day to check messages and return any that are needed but when I'm gone on a weekend, you won't be getting any quick replies from me. Half the time I don't even carry my phone on me and just leave it in the car or room and give my friends major hell if they're spending time on their phones. LOL Hey guys, let's go party it up in New Orleans for a weekend!!! Sounds rad!!!! Oh but wait, I'm gonna spend 1/3rd of my time staring at my phone, yeah that's cool... LOL

People are way too attached to them, that's a given and I'm sure just about every single one of you can agree! I totally see the business need and the usefulness of them but too many people are forgetting the real world around them and living thru their phones instead. If a chick pulls a phone out more then twice on a date, I'm blowing her off for sure. Funny part though is I had a chick flat out tell me she wouldn't date me cause I didn't have a smart phone. Not too worried, I'm sure that was the least of the reasons we weren't compatible considering... LOL

Unread 07-15-2013, 08:42 PM   #29199
sirhk100

Another note, similar kinda... I found it funny that a friend of mine posted this on facebook considering the topic but I 100% agree with this! How many experts just revealed themselves since Sat?

"I believe the day when come when historians and sociologists will agree that the rise of the Internet and social media was one of the worst things to ever happen to the fabric of American society."

Unread 07-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #29200
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
If you can still buy it I may have a place. If you don't want to deal with it I would be interested in buying the whole the wreck.
Ill ket you know for sure. The way im feeling now is that I don't want to even bother with the damn thing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 07-15-2013, 09:35 PM   #29201
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Almost done....
img_0094.jpg   img_0095.jpg  
Unread 07-15-2013, 09:40 PM   #29202
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

hey powr.

here

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 09:47 PM   #29203
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #29204
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
hey powr.

here
K, where the **** are you pulling that **** from???????
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:11 PM   #29205
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
K, where the **** are you pulling that **** from???????
while rolling under the jeep i saw something funny looking. looked like a piece of cloth from my shorts or something with a bunch of threads. you know how a bunched up thread always looks like a spider or whatever?

I got closer and about poo'd my pants.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.