Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1933 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #28981
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

looks like Marn welded it, lol. Wait what?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #28982
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Yeah, seems like you'd really have to put out some effort to get one that ugly! Even mig with wind doesn't do that. Flux core maybe if I was welding blind? I think I may have some REALLY old stick welds from when I was an early teen that looked like that... But who stick welds these days unless you're doing it at work. No hobbiest use stick welders... Or if you do you're either insane or building fences or something.
Dude, I'm rocking the Walmart stick welder, those look like my welds!

Can we get the link to that thread?
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 02:14 PM   #28983
Syncityj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobicon
As seen from my Jeep today
And mine

image-2773587216.jpg

Sent from Hell
Syncityj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #28984
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post
Can we get the link to that thread?
The thread started back in '06 so some of the old pictures may for sure have broken links but here you go... It's HUGE!!! Personally, I'd jump to the end and go from there backwards, you'll see what I posted above but they get even better and more comical as you go! You'll also see I started asking how to even get that bad of a weld over there in that thread too. LOL

The best part is over the years, there's been the couple occasions where someone finds their own work in there and the crap talking gets epic!!! There's not much for forum rules there so to an extent anything goes.

http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/fab-shop/35793.htm

Merrick???

Internal coil bumpstops?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #28985
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Less building, more wheeling.....So who's down for a night run on Friday??!!
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 02:28 PM   #28986
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza
Less building, more wheeling.....So who's down for a night run on Friday??!!
What trail..... And probably no. I don't think my truck can go where your jeep can.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 02:42 PM   #28987
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I am down for a ride on Friday. We just have to watch the weather because I heard we are supposed to get some rain here soon. Me no likey flash floods.

On another note, are you guys wanting to do hooters or something else on Sat?
Unread 07-09-2013, 02:58 PM   #28988
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
I am down for a ride on Friday. We just have to watch the weather because I heard we are supposed to get some rain here soon. Me no likey flash floods.

On another note, are you guys wanting to do hooters or something else on Sat?
I'll keep everyone posted on the run.....looks like a few Warmachine guys are going and I was just going to tag along. Either Devils Peak or tie-rod......BUT if it rains I'm sure the wiffle won't like me out there lol.

I need to come meet up for a Hooters fest sometime!!
Unread 07-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #28989
sirhk100

I might actually even be in for a hooters meet this weekend. I don't have anything booked up for the evenings yet.

Would love to do a friday night run but the front axle shaft for my hooptie was officially on order with the machine shop yesterday morning and they're saying 2 weeks so hopefully they stick to it. Will be looking to go pop it's cherry shortly after hopefully! The darn thing has been done for almost 2 months now yet I didn't take the 45 minutes to get the only measurement I needed to fix my oops till Sunday afternoon. Slacker!!!

Unread 07-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #28990
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

i need to get to another hooters thing too.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #28991
sirhk100

Is hooters really the best choice in all of Vegas? I mean, if you're looking for the female scenery there's a lot of other options. The food is okay at best imo. I'm down for whatever but Hooters has just never been my "go to" type of location. LOL

Marn, if you're rolling without your security team and I go you're welcome to cruise with me...

Unread 07-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #28992
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 03:37 PM   #28993
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Is hooters really the best choice in all of Vegas? I mean, if you're looking for the female scenery there's a lot of other options. The food is okay at best imo. I'm down for whatever but Hooters has just never been my "go to" type of location. LOL

Marn, if you're rolling without your security team and I go you're welcome to cruise with me...
I've never cared for Hooters, but I actually do like their wings. So I guess lets all go to Cheetahs for scratch and sniff??
Unread 07-09-2013, 03:49 PM   #28994
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Well the main reason that it is hooters is because we can hang out there for a while and not break the bank. The manager there keeps on bringing us free drinks/shots/food so we have kept on going back. But, that is far from the best/only choice. If anyone has a better idea I am all ears.

I am just limited on how long I am kid free. The base daycare place is only open from 3-9... and I am not about to miss that 9pm deadline.

I am open to ideas, Heck I would not mind hitting the triple 7 in the hard rock for some "all you can eat prime rib"... but that leaves us dead in the water after eating.
Unread 07-09-2013, 03:56 PM   #28995
sirhk100

LOL, I've actually never been much for the strip clubs to be honest. Everyone talks about the wings at hooters, I've honestly never given them a shot cause I just generally don't like the rest. Most of the ones in Cali and Az. didn't have their liquor license and I do like cocktails occasionally so that kinda usually killed that idea if I was leaning that way.

I'm down for whatever though... Hooters it is unless someone throws out something better. If there's free drinks that's a selling point I suppose! LOL

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.