Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1930 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippOur 2014 DynoMax mail-in rebate March1- June 30th is here!OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 07-08-2013, 03:33 PM   #28936
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
It blows my mind that people just don't take care of stuff
Next time you're over remind me to show you my pistol. Then again it's a glock, rumor has it that it doesn't matter... LOL

I'm waiting on some parts that hopefully will be here this week for my hooptie. It'll take an hour or two to install. After that, we need to figure out an afternoon to go jump the hooptie!!! I want some footage for memories of it in the air! I REALLY like that jump I found last time I took it out, I think you'll have a blast!

Oh and I found a new rear axle the other day for Garza...

Also hung out with a couple friends... Kinda hard to see but it's there...

Uhhhhh excuse me, get off my trail!!!

Crap, where are these damn things coming from???

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #28937
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Bought this beat *** thing for a fixer upper, but ended up passing the deal I got on it to a buddy who offered me a free old mossberg model 42 .22 rifle that is a project gun. It's got a few missing parts and apparently is pretty worn.

I just wanted a project so now I'm out 0 dollars and have an old gun to clean up and play with.

This shotgun is raunchy. Probably never cleaned. All kinda of missing bluing, it's dented and dinged, some rust....apparently functions fine and after I lubed it cycles all smooth.

It blows my mind that people just don't take care of stuff
Stupid free shotguns...why can't I get one?

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #28938
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Next time you're over remind me to show you my pistol. Then again it's a glock, rumor has it that it doesn't matter... LOL
Do you jsut let it rattle around in your truck and get all beat to **** and let it rust and let it get covered with some random chemicals and never wipe it down, fill it with dirt and moisture?

I'm not even talking about meticulous maintenance, lol, i'm just saying this **** has like never been cleaned and its all rusty and whatnot.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #28939
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
and never wipe it down, fill it with dirt and moisture?

I'm not even talking about meticulous maintenance, lol, i'm just saying this **** has like never been cleaned and its all rusty and whatnot.
Yes to that... ^^^^ If you looked at it right now, it's not actually black from all the dust on it.

Added pics above too btw...

Unread 07-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #28940
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

Sort of like a working girl?! should be described as "service animal" or "service dog" rofl.

Perhaps you should google "working dog." A service dog is a type of working dog but not necessarily vice versa. Working dogs are usually but not always afforded the same liberties as a service dog depending on what the dog actually does. Hence the broader term that I used.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #28941
sirhk100

The set of whoops in this video are BRUTAL!!! Buy my truck so maybe I'll be stupid enough to try driving the replacement out to run and drive home next year! LOL

Unread 07-08-2013, 04:33 PM   #28942
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
Stupid free shotguns...why can't I get one?

Posted from outer space.
shotgun wasnt free, it was $100.

I then sold the $100 shotgun to a buddy for $100 because i didnt really care all that much and he seemed to want it more, and in return he gave me a janky old one of these:

Missing a few parts (mag plate, mag, rear sight), crack in the side of the stock, slight crack in the trigger guard. Dirty/surface rusty bore

Probably $50ish in parts to get it back up and running. I just wanted a project so it's exactly what I wanted, and it was free.99

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #28943
Syncityj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
Anyone else hating being at work today. Ugh I want to go home.
Yeah, I am in ironworker so I get to work outside all day!

Sent from Hell
Syncityj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #28944
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
The set of whoops in this video are BRUTAL!!! Buy my truck so maybe I'll be stupid enough to try driving the replacement out to run and drive home next year! LOL

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8JUpHV1ePk
Is that a limited crowd event or just not that popular? Seemed like a LOT of open spectator seats
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 04:52 PM   #28945
Syncityj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

I'm waiting on some parts that hopefully will be here this week for my hooptie. It'll take an hour or two to install. After that, we need to figure out an afternoon to go jump the hooptie!!! I want some footage for memories of it in the air! I REALLY like that jump I found last time I took it out, I think you'll have a blast!

Oh and I found a new rear axle the other day for Garza...

Also hung out with a couple friends... Kinda hard to see but it's there...

Uhhhhh excuse me, get off my trail!!!

Crap, where are these damn things coming from???
Where were these bears at?

Sent from Hell
Syncityj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 05:56 PM   #28946
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Is that a limited crowd event or just not that popular? Seemed like a LOT of open spectator seats
You know when you go to the county fair that runs for like a week or two and they have that arena where they do pig wrestling or cow catching or something like that? Well that's what this is... It's literally a mid week event that's free with admission to the san diego county fair. It's actually barely even publicized and not really well attended cause it's like a side attraction at the fair basically.

Unread 07-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #28947
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncityj View Post
Where were these bears at?

Sent from Hell
Forrest in Minnesota

Unread 07-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #28948
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post

Perhaps you should google "working dog." A service dog is a type of working dog but not necessarily vice versa. Working dogs are usually but not always afforded the same liberties as a service dog depending on what the dog actually does. Hence the broader term that I used.
And if you own/work in a business and a customer with a working dog comes in you best not ask for proof, big trouble with the gubmint.

Which can lead to people taking advantage of that, not that I ever have, but I've heard!
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 06:43 PM   #28949
sirhk100

I'm pretty sure my dog would be pretty obvious not being a working dog! LOL

Gotta love customer service lines these days! Had to get transferred 3 different times before I got a hold of someone that could actually speak english well enough that I could actually understand them!

Unread 07-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #28950
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.