Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 193 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 12-25-2011, 11:43 PM   #2881
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw
My bro-in-law, who I want to punch, made Christmas dinner and everyone just praised it to no end. Problem was, IT SUCKED! Grandpa told him he could get a job as a cook, which made me have to stifle a laugh. I didn't want to laugh because the food was bad, but because the deadbeat has worked about 2 years out of the 11 I've known him, and that was only because he was working for his wife's dad, who fired him when they got divorced.

(To be clear, his only reasons for not working are that he's too fricken lazy to bother to apply for any jobs and because he's basicly unemployable because he has no skills thanks to the aforementioned laziness. I've told my wife that I'm shooting him as a trespasser if i ever see him on land I own.)
Glad you got that out Davidson. Hope your new year is better.

ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2011, 11:53 PM   #2882
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Other than that, Christmas was great! Excited to come home tomorrow.
Unread 12-26-2011, 02:03 AM   #2883
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw
My bro-in-law, who I want to punch, made Christmas dinner and everyone just praised it to no end. Problem was, IT SUCKED! Grandpa told him he could get a job as a cook, which made me have to stifle a laugh. I didn't want to laugh because the food was bad, but because the deadbeat has worked about 2 years out of the 11 I've known him, and that was only because he was working for his wife's dad, who fired him when they got divorced.

(To be clear, his only reasons for not working are that he's too fricken lazy to bother to apply for any jobs and because he's basicly unemployable because he has no skills thanks to the aforementioned laziness. I've told my wife that I'm shooting him as a trespasser if i ever see him on land I own.)
Didn't "fez" him in guessing? I thought it would have been funny. Unfortunately, America is pumping out useless people like that by the thousand! The schools don't teach skills anymore. Nor do parents. Everyone has the "me first" attitude. When my grandparents used to say "these kids are going to run the country some day" and be worried, I didn't understand. Either I'm getting old or we actually have a serious issue waiting for us with this generation.
Unread 12-26-2011, 06:53 AM   #2884
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
So am I YSB approved to shoot? (plz say yes)
Yeah, you're cool. I guess if you were unstable enough to shoot someone in the back, you would have done it at the lake.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2011, 07:00 AM   #2885
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
I've told my wife that I'm shooting him as a trespasser if i ever see him on land I own.)
You'd think a lawyer would know better than to post a foundation for premeditation.

I've had Thanksgiving with my In-Laws and I'd bet a limb that dinner with my In-Laws was waaaaay worse than dinner with your In-Laws.

For instance, I'm willing to bet that at your dinner noone found a rattlesnake under the steps to their trailer, killed it with a flea market samurai sword that is usually proudly displayed over their fake fireplace, skinned it and added it to the Thanksgiving menu.

See? Your Christmas wasn't that bad, was it?
Unread 12-26-2011, 07:05 AM   #2886
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

So, what did you guys get for Christmas? Maybe we could trade gifts we don't like here. Anyone have anything good to trade?
Unread 12-26-2011, 07:23 AM   #2887
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

haha you guys are great, so glad that all of my in laws live up in CT. If it makes you guys feel any better I think my Christmas prime rib is getting better every year. This years was great for two reasons, 1. It was and 2. The kids could not wait so we had to feed them some chicken nuggets and the were napping when everything was ready. But since it was only me and the boss lady eating I now have 4lbs of leftovers!!!

Nothing good here for Christmas, I am a true romantic and helped push the idea of only getting presents for the kids!! I guess that happens when you get the wife useful new gift (iron, toaster oven, vacuum, or what not) That plus if we want stuff, we normally just get it throughout the year.
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2011, 09:08 AM   #2888
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I had a great x-mas! Everything went perfectly, wife and kids are happy they got a Nintendo Wii from me. Plus my wife and I got stuff for our house we just moved into... Pots and pans FTW! My bro-in-law got me some police issue .223 rounds for my AR. Hollow points kick a$$!! Plus a few other goodies like battlefield3 for my X-BOX. So yeah I had a good Christmas.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2011, 09:29 AM   #2889
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
See? Your Christmas wasn't that bad, was it?
I actually like rattlesnake, and if they would've let me cook it, then it would have been an improvement on dinner last night. :wink:
Unread 12-26-2011, 09:47 AM   #2890
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I never figured you for a glass half empty guy.
Unread 12-26-2011, 09:52 AM   #2891
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Ok, men. We're heading out to find some nice places to climb. We have a few friends with us today that have never roped before, so we'll be taking it easy on the kiddie slopes. Probably around Lake Mead. I found some nice places along Northshore Rd between Lake Las Vegas and Lake Mead. Should have some good pictures to post up later.

Merry day after Christmas!
Unread 12-26-2011, 10:59 AM   #2892
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Going any places that you don't need 4wd?
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2011, 11:00 AM   #2893
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!! We did
Unread 12-26-2011, 03:04 PM   #2894
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny
I never figured you for a glass half empty guy.
Usually I'm very optimistic. As I put a few hundred miles on my wife's minivan I feel myself feeling better.
Unread 12-26-2011, 06:47 PM   #2895
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Todays episode of YouStupidBunny.

Here we are around Lake Mead. If you take the entrance by Lake Las Vegas and turn left after you get in the park, you'll come across a bridge overlooking the spillway between Lake Las Vegas and Lake Mead. Follow that spillway and there are some nice areas you can't see from the road. Much of it looks very similar to the Anniversary Narrows up the street.
dscn0341.jpg  

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.