Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1926 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 07-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #28876
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

A little flexing by the house today. She didn't even break a sweat on these hills. I could feel the front locker doing its thing on the loose soil. It's a bit strange to feel the lockers through the steering wheel. The 4LO is outright crazy! I love it! It just crawls over everything. Giving it moar skinny pedal doesn't seem to help much. It seems to like to idle through it. Its coming along!

img_0075.jpg   img_0076.jpg   img_0073.jpg   img_0070.jpg   img_0077.jpg  

Unread 07-06-2013, 05:42 PM   #28877
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Mormon wells road is washed out again, i actually had to use 4wd. I will post pictures when I get home
Unread 07-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #28878
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Oh, man. I just love staring at those pics! I'm in love with my Jeep! I absolutely love it. Haven't felt this way about a vehicle since I finished my Duster in high school. It's awesome! Like they say, "It's not about getting what you want. It's about wanting what you've got!"
Unread 07-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #28879
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

so since you are flexing it does that mean that it is ready for the trail?
Unread 07-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #28880
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
so since you are flexing it does that mean that it is ready for the trail?
It should be by next weekend. The shocks should be here this week, and I'll get them installed ASAP! It actually handles quite well with no shocks on it. I wouldn't want to run through the spaghetti bowl with it the way it is now, but surface streets aren't too bad. I have a feeling my fuel mileage will be in the toilet now. It hums along at just under 2k at 45 mph! Freeway is gonna suck! I'm guestimating it will be around 2700-3k at 65-75mph.
Unread 07-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #28881
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
A little flexing by the house today. She didn't even break a sweat on these hills. I could feel the front locker doing its thing on the loose soil. It's a bit strange to feel the lockers through the steering wheel. The 4LO is outright crazy! I love it! It just crawls over everything. Giving it moar skinny pedal doesn't seem to help much. It seems to like to idle through it. Its coming along!
Wow Powr, your rigs lookin really good!
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #28882
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Mormon Wells Road. I did not take any pictures until I had to actually stop and spot my route.

Made it around that with this bypass

Other then that point I did not have to get out once. It did seam like they leveled a lot of the road out up to the camp ground. I was able to do 30-40 mph most of the way and once I got past the welcome center I was doing 60-70mph. The new visitor center up there looks like it is going to be pretty nice.

The fire looks like it made it all the way down to Harris Spring Road

Unread 07-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #28883
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Wow Powr, your rigs lookin really good!
Thank you. All that overtime and hours spent in the garage are really starting to be worth it.
Unread 07-06-2013, 07:15 PM   #28884
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Got my final wheel and tire package mounted in the trailer (thanks again Powr). It's coming along, mostly cosmetic stuff left and then it will be camping time. Thanks to Khris for throwing down the fab skills to strengthen the box and make tent mounts.

image-276234103.jpg
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #28885
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG
Got my final wheel and tire package mounted in the trailer (thanks again Powr). It's coming along, mostly cosmetic stuff left and then it will be camping time. Thanks to Khris for throwing down the fab skills to strengthen the box and make tent mounts.
I think that's the first time I have seen your Jeep, looks good! Are you going to put one of those trailer mounted tents on the trailer or just use it for gear?
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #28886
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez

I think that's the first time I have seen your Jeep, looks good! Are you going to put one of those trailer mounted tents on the trailer or just use it for gear?
It will end up having this tent on the trailer.

image-666914532.jpg
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #28887
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I would love a trailer/tent combo
Unread 07-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #28888
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Jeep looks good powr! Cant wait until your done.

The snoke from the fire didnt look as bad today as it has been these past few days.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 07-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #28889
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Moar flexing, and a not-so-good pic of the new lights. Installed Halos in the headlights and changed over to H4 housings. Having an issue with the Halos because they sent me one red and one amber when they should have both been amber. Also, the one amber one has two LEDs that wont light up. I'll take another pic when it gets a little darker out, or whenever I can make sure it shows up well. It didnt even hesitate to climb up on that large block! ROFLMAO, I'm SO happy with it so far. I cannot wait to hit a trail and see how it rides.
img_0082.jpg   img_0085.jpg   img_0086.jpg   img_0084.jpg  
Unread 07-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #28890
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

How was the body roll with the antirock? Also what gears did you end up going with?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.