Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1924 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #28846
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

they're all theifs. I hate every dealership I've ever dealt with.

Chapman straight lied to me about labor rates, as well as what parts they actually installed and tried to cover it up, left my car open with windows down unattended, tried to screw me out of 7 gallons of gas, refused to fill it back up with premium which I had filled it with the day before, and kept the car for a weeek because even though i had to bring it back to have them fix what they broke, they told me there were new customers ahead of me.

Prestige is Towbin, so we know they are crooks, but they lied to dani about a few things on the challenger and the warranty package.

The only one worth a damn i ever found was Integrity and they got shut down during the chrysler cuts. They had great service, good parts prices, etc.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #28847
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

One of the guys on wrangler forum was saying that we are supposed to be getting a new Jeep dealer in the valley. Somewhere off of Sahara. He said that it would not be Chapman or towbin. Hopefully it will be a little better.

I am still debating on if I want to start doing my own oil changes or not. I got the first 4 for free when I bought the Jeep and I had it changed every 2500 miles just for the fun of it. Chapman sells a 4 oil change package for right around $60, which still comes out to a little less than the cost of oil if it is not on sale. As for the transfer case, diffs, and trans... no way in hell that I would pay their rates to changes them.
Unread 07-05-2013, 02:32 PM   #28848
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I deal with chapman all the time and I have the oil change package because it is a great deal and I can talk to the few guys I know up there while they change my oil.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #28849
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

When I HAD my jeep I would just price match my oil changes at my work (pepboys) for 10$. I would get a new oil change every month.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 07-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #28850
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I do my all my own oil changes, I don't trust anyone with my vehicles unless I absolutely have to.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 03:09 PM   #28851
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
I do my all my own oil changes, I don't trust anyone with my vehicles unless I absolutely have to.
Trust me I have always been the same way. I always double check everything once I get home or at the dealership. Good thing too, last time they when they did their complimentary inspection they left once of the air filter clips disconnected and my radiator overflow hose disconnected.

Still nothing tops prestige. over 6 hours for a trans service and an oil change... then I get the Jeep back covered with oily hand prints. It literally looked like he dropped the drain plug in a bucket full of oil and got it out using mechanics gloves... then finish my service with those gloves. Then when I took it back they must have used paint thinner to clean up because it smeared all of the warning/belt routing labels under the hood.
Unread 07-05-2013, 03:10 PM   #28852
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I do all my own work too....but hell, after this axle swap ordeal i dont even trust myself.

edit: well, i dont do oil changes. its not worth saving 5 dollars to waster my time and effort when i can just watch the guy do it.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 07-05-2013, 03:17 PM   #28853
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
its not worth saving 5 dollars to waster my time and effort when i can just watch the guy do it.
I have heard about freaky people like you!!!
Unread 07-05-2013, 03:19 PM   #28854
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I do my own oil changes mostly because I like using wix filters and Castrol oil. I've tried to take the oil place a filter but they say they can only use their filter.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #28855
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
edit: well, i dont do oil changes. its not worth saving 5 dollars to waster my time and effort when i can just watch the guy do it.
Same

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #28856
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I've seen too many cross threaded oil pan plugs, over torqued oil filters, short filled or overfilled oil levels, and just plain ignorance to trust any shop with the maintenance of my vehicles. I have shops do the stuff I don't know about like axle gears, wheel alignments, and stuff that's a serious PITA. Otherwise, I learn about it and do it myself, like the lift and TC work!
Edit: A factory service/repair manual is your best friend, and worth every penny!
Unread 07-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #28857
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
That sucks Raptor! I hope you asked for a full refund.
I called them back and told them to stick it up their ***. Guy (different one than this morning) was being a dick too. F that place
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #28858
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
I've seen too many cross threaded oil pan plugs, over torqued oil filters, short filled or overfilled oil levels, and just plain ignorance to trust any shop with the maintenance of my vehicles. I have shops do the stuff I don't know about like axle gears, wheel alignments, and stuff that's a serious PITA. Otherwise, I learn about it and do it myself, like the lift and TC work!
Edit: A factory service/repair manual is your best friend, and worth every penny!
come do my brakes.

Quote:

Unread 07-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #28859
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Damn you guys have had it rough it seems. When i worked at Goodyear, I can honestly say I never dicked over a customer in the year I worked there.

I take mine to chapman because they treat me well and are always nice to me. Probably because I'm not an *******, just saying! Haha
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 04:04 PM   #28860
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

come do my brakes.
*see serious PITA in above post. Lol! Seriously though, if you could get it over here, I'll help.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.