Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1921 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #28801
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza
Quit pumping the pedal before you open the bleed screw.
I have heard that pumping the pedal can cause cavitation but I have always done it that way and never had an issue.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #28802
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Well, regardless, there has been zero air bubbles in the lines.

If somebody wants to come over tomorrow and school me on it, i'd be happy to do all the hard work and use you as my helper.

Regardless of the soft pedal, i'm pretty sure i have a booster problem if not a mc problem too. Apparently getting a bum booster or MC from A1 Cardone isnt uncommon. ****ty thing is I have to remove the MC and the booster and mail them back to rock auto before they will sent a replacement, so i cannot tell if it's just the booster or the MC too. I guess i could go buy a MC for 17 bucks and throw that on the booster and mail it back, or bleed it and install it on my booster and see if that makes a difference, to eliminate the MC as the problem?

I dont really know what to do.
As Khris alluded to, even if you get clear fluid with no bubbles, that doesn't mean that there is zero air in the system. That goes especially true for a self plumbed system. The factory works very hard to ensure that there is nowhere for air to get trapped in the system and even they don't get it right every time. Any air in the system can compress causing the soft pedal feel. By lifting the rear of the race truck, Khris' uncle effectively took out any place where air could be trapped. I would do that as well before I started to replace parts.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #28803
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Okay.

Would air in the line shave ANYTHING to do with the slow pedal return?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 03:24 PM   #28804
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

If I were you Marn, I would attempt to bleed using the pedal push method before ripping & shipping. Sorry if I wasn't clear earlier about the pedal pushing - yeah, NEVER pump it; that thought hadn't crossed my mind and Ricky, Scott, Khris and Andy all nailed it in their clarifications, that's exactly what I was eluding to.

Let me know if you need me to come help you tomorrow morning - looks like those slackers in the trail run thread are dragging butt about going shootin or wheelin so I will probably have some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Okay.

Would air in the line shave ANYTHING to do with the slow pedal return?
I don't think so, but stranger things have happened and re-bleeding is faster and cheaper than ripping it out and shipping.
B0nez is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #28805
sirhk100

I'd come over and help but... I've got a crap load to do tonight and a 7AM flight outta town in the morning so I'm not of much help to anyone this weekend. Sorry Marn, otherwise I'd be over there tonight or in the morning for sure to pump it for yah!

And yeah, I 100% swear I had zero bubbles in the race truck system but there was essentially a high spot where the bubbles were able to be trapped in the master because of the angle I mounted them. By lifting the rear it shifted the gravitational pull of earth and allowed us to work the bubble out of the system. I'm talking once, I finally was convinced my leaks were fixed... I busted thru like a quart of brake fluid fighting with it. Then he told me to lift the rear and well, it bled right out no problem at all. I "believe" the point of bench bleeding is to alleviate the issue I was fighting. You bench bled yours so it "should" be fine.

I personally would attribute the squishy pedal to a pocket of PITA air somewhere before I'd call it a bad MC but that's just me... The slow pedal return I don't "think" would have anything to do with the air though. Not totally sure what's inside a booster other then a diaphragm so I can't really say if the booster would be the issue. I don't think the master would cause the slow pedal return though from what I understand. If my coworker was here today I'd ask him... He's an ex wilwood engineer but he won't be here till Tues so that's of no help.

Ksturgio, I have the EXACT same childhood memories!!! LOL My pops getting all pissed cause we'd get outta sync and of course it was always my fault for letting up on the pedal before he closed the bleed screw! LOL

On a side note, I just modified a YJ shift knob to be the one and only drake explorer shift knob in existence! LOL I'm sick of the one on my expo pulling off whenever it's hot outside!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #28806
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Marn, I saw screw it, and rebuild a whole new brake system! Haha

Hopefully you find the problem. Brakes are not my forte, so I'll let the other "brake masters" on here keep telling you the same thing over and over again!
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 03:55 PM   #28807
sirhk100

http://www.cncbrakes.com/

http://www.wilwood.com/

http://www.jamarperformance.com/

Unread 07-03-2013, 03:58 PM   #28808
sirhk100

This guy is doing it right!!! $1300 into a crawler!!!

Quote:
Less than that, i had around 1300 into it including the cost of the truck. For the rear i picked up a toyota 8" for $150, had 4:10 w/ welded spiders and that basically bolted in after shock mounts re-welded and new holes drilled in flange for ford driveshaft. Front end was just as cheap because classic bronco owners always wanna get rid of the 30 but they hold up great on lighter rigs so it worked great for me.

welded on some f250 shock towers to accept some longer white rockets, and the only other welding to the front was the ruff stuff track bar mount. Everything else bolted in, did a explorer draglink to the bronco tie rod, and just moved the radius arm brackets back a fot or so to use eb radius arms.

So cheap and easy and fun, we hit every body panel on a rock and laughed everytime it happened.

Quote:
did the rubicon twice on 35's and the factory dana 28 front end first, luckily no breakages then either. Such a fun beater.

Unread 07-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #28809
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I bench bled it on the truck, so it was at a slight angle.

Tomorrow i will follow through with my original plan.

rip and bench bleed. reinstall, re bleed.

see whats up.

if that doesnt work, i'll swap MC's since a new one is like 16 dollars and will at least isolate the problem to the booster if there is one.

If that doesnt work, i'll pull out the booster, and return it along with the MC, get the new booster mounted to the already swapped MC, and if that works, i'll just return the new MC that came on the booster in the box of the MC that i bought separate and swapped out.

PHEW!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 07-03-2013, 04:01 PM   #28810
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
If I were you Marn, I would attempt to bleed using the pedal push method before ripping & shipping. Sorry if I wasn't clear earlier about the pedal pushing - yeah, NEVER pump it; that thought hadn't crossed my mind and Ricky, Scott, Khris and Andy all nailed it in their clarifications, that's exactly what I was eluding to.

Let me know if you need me to come help you tomorrow morning - looks like those slackers in the trail run thread are dragging butt about going shootin or wheelin so I will probably have some time.

I don't think so, but stranger things have happened and re-bleeding is faster and cheaper than ripping it out and shipping.

I wanna go shooting!

Quote:

Unread 07-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #28811
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
I bench bled it on the truck, so it was at a slight angle.

Tomorrow i will follow through with my original plan.

rip and bench bleed. reinstall, re bleed.

see whats up.

if that doesnt work, i'll swap MC's since a new one is like 16 dollars and will at least isolate the problem to the booster if there is one.

If that doesnt work, i'll pull out the booster, and return it along with the MC, get the new booster mounted to the already swapped MC, and if that works, i'll just return the new MC that came on the booster in the box of the MC that i bought separate and swapped out.

PHEW!
And if that doesn't work, let me know when the bonfire is!

Unread 07-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #28812
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Someone buy my jeep so I can buy this!
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3912578790.html
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 07:34 PM   #28813
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206
Someone buy my jeep so I can buy this!
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3912578790.html
They took pictures of their computer screen....lol

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #28814
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I was looking at that cherokee also. If only I had 2k laying around id have already snagged it up. Next paycheck ill have that for sure.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 07-04-2013, 09:58 AM   #28815
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Happy 4th of July everyone!!! Be safe whatever your travels may be!!
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.