Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1919 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutDon't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!

Unread 07-03-2013, 07:57 AM   #28771
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
FYI they sucked compared to the one on flamingo.

They were more expensive, way less gentile with my wheels (scratched the old and new ones), took 2x as long, and they werent going to give me my wheels back if I didnt specifically ask.

They loaded my truck and had me pay, etc. Had to go back and ask for my wheels that he had been handling just a few minutes prior.

Whatevs tho, they took credit haha
Are you talking about the one at flamingo and boulder? If so that's funny cause I price checked them both and the one at trop and mary was cheaper when they quoted me. Basically I swung by the trop one, asked how much on my way home, then ran home, grabbed the tires and went to the flamingo one near the house, they were $5 more a tire and I had 5 tires so $25, screw it, I'll drive over to trop for that. I even told them the price and they wouldn't match it. Before that though, when I got the 35's for my jeep I had the one on flamingo and boulder try to mount them for me once but their machine wasn't strong enough to spin it on and they actually couldn't even mount 2 out of the 5 tires, I had to run the last 2 over to the trop location. LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2013, 09:18 AM   #28772
sirhk100

Also, speaking of tire shops... Want to get a funny "are you a complete idiot look" from a tire worker? Yesterday I went to discount tire and asked if they could lugcentric balance some wheels for me. They started walking towards my explorer and say "let me see what you have going on"... I stop them... It has nothing to do with that vehicle. Simply, can you lugcentric balance wheels? Yeah we have a similar process we can do... Okay thanks let me go grab my wheels. I pull out 4 wheels, no tires mounted on them. The dude's like uhhhhhhhhhhhh... I look at him, can you balance these for me? Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh well sir, that won't work, you need to have the tire on it to get a true balance. Yeah, no joke dude... Don't worry about the tire though. Do you want the job or not? If you do, slap these bare wheels on your balance machine and spin them up... If you don't want the money I'll go elsewhere. LOL

Wouldn't you know it... Turns out the new fangled machines know if there is or isn't a tire mounted to a wheel and they can't actually balance just a rim if you ever wanted to. How's that for some useless knowledge!

Unread 07-03-2013, 09:40 AM   #28773
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Also, speaking of tire shops... Want to get a funny "are you a complete idiot look" from a tire worker? Yesterday I went to discount tire and asked if they could lugcentric balance some wheels for me. They started walking towards my explorer and say "let me see what you have going on"... I stop them... It has nothing to do with that vehicle. Simply, can you lugcentric balance wheels? Yeah we have a similar process we can do... Okay thanks let me go grab my wheels. I pull out 4 wheels, no tires mounted on them. The dude's like uhhhhhhhhhhhh... I look at him, can you balance these for me? Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh well sir, that won't work, you need to have the tire on it to get a true balance. Yeah, no joke dude... Don't worry about the tire though. Do you want the job or not? If you do, slap these bare wheels on your balance machine and spin them up... If you don't want the money I'll go elsewhere. LOL

Wouldn't you know it... Turns out the new fangled machines know if there is or isn't a tire mounted to a wheel and they can't actually balance just a rim if you ever wanted to. How's that for some useless knowledge!
Ummm I'm confused lol
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #28774
sirhk100

What, doesn't everyone have their wheels balanced without the tire on?

Unread 07-03-2013, 11:47 AM   #28775
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Italy Bishes!

The volcano is spewing smoke. I hope it erupts while I am here.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2013, 11:56 AM   #28776
sirhk100

Going James Bond in Italy eh?

Unread 07-03-2013, 11:57 AM   #28777
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Khris,

(Not tryin to argue about Mexican tire shops, just telling my story)

The scope of work at both places was exactly the same. Remove old tires. Remove new tires. Mount new tires. Balance wheels. I provided the valve stems.

Flamingo was like 46 dollars for both tires.

Trop was 54 and as mentioned it was a crummier experience.

Lol I have a feeling the prices change even at the same places. I highly doubt a llantera is the most organized or structured business practice here in town lol.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2013, 12:01 PM   #28778
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

So I still don't have brakes. I bled the system on Monday and they didnt work well.

I redid the bleed last night. I ran almost a full quart of fluid through it all by gravity.

No bubbles.

Same issue. Pedal is spongy but doesn't go all the way to the floor without vacuum. With vacuum the pedal goes to the floor and the truck doesn't stop well.

I also have a pedal that is slow to return so I suspect a faulty booster. However the brakes should work regardless of that.

I will be re-bench bleeding the MC tonight or tomorrow (tonight is the night of fire at the bullring) and if that doesn't fix it, it's gotta be a bad MC and or booster.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 07-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #28779
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Italy Bishes!

The volcano is spewing smoke. I hope it erupts while I am here.
Glad you made it safe. Get some pic posted soon.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2013, 12:17 PM   #28780
sirhk100

Agree'd on the pricing structure, I'm sure it all depends who you ask the pricing from. I lost faith though in the one on flamingo when no matter what the price was, their maching didn't have the oomph to spin the tire onto the wheel. They had 3 joses trying to help manual spin the tire when the machine ran outta balls. BTW, I usually pay the trop store $20 per tire to mount and balance. That's 35" tires too.

Have you checked every flange and fitting point? I'm assuming you have... To me, simply sounds like air in the system but "could" be the master. Was it a new unit?

I've got a hand pump vacuum setup if you want to borrow it and don't have one. NOt sure if it's of any help but just tossing out the offer. Your only option to get it though is tonight or next week.

Unread 07-03-2013, 12:51 PM   #28781
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Just heard 1800 acres burned at carpenter canyon. Fire was started Monday by lightning striking a tree. Hope it gets under control real quick.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2013, 12:55 PM   #28782
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Agree'd on the pricing structure, I'm sure it all depends who you ask the pricing from. I lost faith though in the one on flamingo when no matter what the price was, their maching didn't have the oomph to spin the tire onto the wheel. They had 3 joses trying to help manual spin the tire when the machine ran outta balls. BTW, I usually pay the trop store $20 per tire to mount and balance. That's 35" tires too.

Have you checked every flange and fitting point? I'm assuming you have... To me, simply sounds like air in the system but "could" be the master. Was it a new unit?

I've got a hand pump vacuum setup if you want to borrow it and don't have one. NOt sure if it's of any help but just tossing out the offer. Your only option to get it though is tonight or next week.
I have checked all fittings. None are leaking and as said no air was present in the system when bleeding.

The MC and booster were reman units. From what I have seen and read, not terribly uncommon for them to be DOA

Unread 07-03-2013, 01:24 PM   #28783
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I would say if you've bled it twice and it still doesn't work, send it back. Not worth screwing with anymore.
Unread 07-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #28784
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'm about to buy a privately sold car here in NV for the first time. What's the process here? Do we have to go to the DMV together like in KY, or can they just sign the title over which is how they do it in FL where I just moved from? Thanks!!
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2013, 01:34 PM   #28785
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900
I'm about to buy a privately sold car here in NV for the first time. What's the process here? Do we have to go to the DMV together like in KY, or can they just sign the title over which is how they do it in FL where I just moved from? Thanks!!
As long as the title is all filled out correctly you don't need the seller with you. If the seller signs the wrong place he will have to go to the DMV with you to straighten it out.

What did you buy?

Also sorry for posting so much lately I've been getting pretty sick of my job.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.