Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1914 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-02-2013, 12:08 PM   #28696
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I don't know what your problem is khris. I posted my moms old car this morning and have 7 people showing up to look at it tonight. And it's a huge piece of crap. Of course my asking price is much much lower then yours.
My truck just isn't very desirable...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 12:15 PM   #28697
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02
.i am currently sitting in a vehicle that smells like the driver smokes a **** ton of weed.
Careful not to get the contact high! You feeling hungry yet? Lol
Unread 07-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #28698
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

Careful not to get the contact high! You feeling hungry yet? Lol
Just ate. LOL

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #28699
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Hows the weather there? How was the flight?
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 12:35 PM   #28700
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Where is Andy?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 12:36 PM   #28701
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81
Hows the weather there? How was the flight?
Currently in Virginia. My long flight is later today.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #28702
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Good luck man. Hope you find something you like. If you need a truck to tow your jeep let me know. I have a truck but not a trailer big enough for your jeep.
I have trailer I'd be happy to lend. Sorry I didn't see the plea for help till this morning. I'm always willing to help out with my truck and trailer whenever I'm not at work.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 01:18 PM   #28703
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

My truck just isn't very desirable...
I think it's desirable. The following is just my opinion. Not knowing a lot about go fast trucks, my guess is you are in a tough in-between place with your truck. The a-hole kids that just want to look cool can't afford what you have into it, but at the same time the guys that have the money and know what it is are looking to buy something a little more built. You are in the tough middle ground where you have to find the right person, which there seem to be very few of. I'm probably completely wrong but that's my reasoning.

If I wasn't married and going back to school in the fall I'd buy it.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 01:31 PM   #28704
sirhk100

That's pretty much spot on along with the fact the kids that want to look cool can't get a $15K car loan for a '89 toyota pickup. If it was something that could be financed it would likely be sold already. Finding that person with $15K in their pocket is hard. If it sells rad, if it doesn't sell in time, rad... Doesn't really matter one way or another cause either way, the end result is I'm left with a fun truck in my driveway so it's a win win no matter which way the cards fall. It's not like I have to sell it...

This friend has been in the same boat. He just lowered the price. Funny thing is we had to pile in my truck and run back to my house to get a spare optima I have laying around cause he was having electrical issues Sunday and the truck wouldn't fire up and he was dead in the water. Even jumpstarting it wasn't working... Stacked the batteries and it fired right up.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3907662451.html

He rode in my truck... According to him the power difference is pretty obvious but mine seems much smoother in the dirt and mine is probably actually faster in the rough. That's according to him, I've never actually ridden in his truck. So for less money, someone can pick mine up and once the road isn't smooth potentially pass that truck in the bumps with it's V8. LOL

I've got two potential other interests but one can't make a purchase till later in the month due to other financial commitments and the other is in the same boat as me... Waiting for a currently owned specialty type vehicle to sell before they can buy the next one.

Unread 07-02-2013, 02:25 PM   #28705
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
That's pretty much spot on along with the fact the kids that want to look cool can't get a $15K car loan for a '89 toyota pickup. If it was something that could be financed it would likely be sold already. Finding that person with $15K in their pocket is hard. If it sells rad, if it doesn't sell in time, rad... Doesn't really matter one way or another cause either way, the end result is I'm left with a fun truck in my driveway so it's a win win no matter which way the cards fall. It's not like I have to sell it...
This is why I think you should of traded it for that black Toyota it was newer and kids can get loans on it
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #28706
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Khris, your truck is a niche vehicle.

Would it work as a daily driver? Sure.

Is it good daily driver material? No.

Would it work as a truck? No. lol.

It's a truck that cant be used as a truck and is not really suited for daily driving. It's a toy. It's a purpose built vehicle. It's not even like an old muscle car that you go out cruising in, it's a desert race truck.

I'm not saying any of that is bad, but it clearly appeals to a very limited group of people based on the above.

You'll find the right buyer, and the right buyer will realize what its actually worth and will be willing to pay it.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 07-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #28707
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I think khris is in a good spot though. Doesn't really care if it sells, he's not in a financial bind, and he still likes the truck. He will come out on top with whatever happens.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 03:11 PM   #28708
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
This is why I think you should of traded it for that black Toyota it was newer and kids can get loans on it
Orrrrrr, I could skip jumping thru hoops, headaches AND having a truck that I have no interest in in my driveway. "What if" I did the trade and then by the time the Black toyota sold my other deal on the table fell thru? Then I'm sitting with NOTHING and starting from scratch... Where as right now... If my truck doesn't sell in time to take advantage of this other offer... I just build better front spindles for it, new upper control arms, put a heater in it, a carpet kit, headliner and center console and my pictures next desert season are mostly of it more like 5' in the air.

That's the catch, I don't know when the other offer will fall off the table. Right now, that's 100% up to the IRS as to when my friend will have to advertise it publicly and dump it for cheap. Till then, I've got dibs on it. I'm 100% okay with it not selling or with it selling and me getting the F150. I'm 100% not okay with a situation that leaves me without anything in the driveway.

Before the economy fell, selling my truck at this price would've been cake. Like less then a week and it would've been gone. Those are the days when $50-100K sand rails were a dime a dozen and common. Now, people might still have the money but most are still scared to let it out of their pocket.

Heck, I'm afraid to let it out of my pocket. I technically could've sold my truck last night for $10K, pulled what I needed out of savings and hauled home the new truck tonight with my cousin's truck. BUT... I've already set a figure in my head that is the MOST I'm willing to pull from savings to make this deal go thru. That figure happens to land the math at me wanting $15K for my yota. It's worth it but like Marn said, you have to find that right buyer. I've got TONS of interest, just not from that person with $15K in their pocket. I can show you threads where TONS of people have talked about my price being a steal and "wish I had the money"...

Quote:
"I think khris is in a good spot though. Doesn't really care if it sells, he's not in a financial bind, and he still likes the truck. He will come out on top with whatever happens."
This is 100% the truth... No matter which way it goes, I will have a faster truck one way or another. One way will involve a ford chassis with a chevy drivetrain. The other will involve a red toyota with an upgraded front suspension which will allow me to actually finally tune my shocks and some new interior luxury. No matter what though, it won't involve any trades since the IRS won't take my toyota as payment for my friend.-

Unread 07-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #28709
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
I think khris is in a good spot though. Doesn't really care if it sells, he's not in a financial bind, and he still likes the truck. He will come out on top with whatever happens.
Yeah, thats what i was getting at with the last part about the right buyer coming along at the right time.

Quote:

Unread 07-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #28710
sirhk100

Pretty much, do I want my to sell? Yes! What happens if it doesn't sell? Mine ends up faster! Is that a problem? Nope!

LOL

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.