Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#38,246 ·
Man, what a bummer, just got wind one of the family friends I grew up wheeling with rolled his jeep a few weeks ago and somehow it ended up crushing him. He was in ICU for 2 weeks and then last week got transferred back down to San Diego and is supposed to be getting released today to continue his rehab from home. Talk about crappy situation! This is a dude that knows what he's doing, far from a rookie crawler type dude so super curious how he even got in that situation.

#38,248 ·
Saw this for sale just a little while ago. Asking price was 17K but it looked really good inside and out.

Attachments

#38,250 ·
Saw this for sale just a little while ago. Asking price was 17K but it looked really good inside and out.
Very cool. There was a bright blue one all chromed out that used to park at the Cosmpolitan self park that I used to drool over. The thing was cherry. Might have a picture somewhere.

#38,251 ·
whalejr31 said:
With the rain that has been going on here lately and my random weekend coming up is there any place to play in some mud around here?
Take US95 south to the 93 exit toward Laughlin. Drive about 10 miles and bear right at some point. "Dry" lake bed. Pretty hard to miss.

#38,253 ·
How pathetic is it that I'm all excited about making 15.8 average mpg on a one way trip home?! Lol. Last average for a tank was 12.2! I'm trying to "hyper mileage" it this tank to see exactly what I can get out of it around town using freeways and surface streets. I have an ultra-guage and it is awesome so far. It gives near-real time readings. It seems to update at least once a second, so minute throttle position changes are almost immediately noticeable.

#38,254 ·
How pathetic is it that I'm all excited about making 15.8 average mpg on a one way trip home?! Lol. Last average for a tank was 12.2! I'm trying to "hyper mileage" it this tank to see exactly what I can get out of it around town using freeways and surface streets. I have an ultra-guage and it is awesome so far. It gives near-real time readings. It seems to update at least once a second, so minute throttle position changes are almost immediately noticeable.
I'd be jumping for joy if I got 15.8 MPG.

sucks *** having like a 200 mile range on a full tank.

#38,256 ·
Yeah, but that 15.8 is one trip! We'll see where I'm at at the end of this tank! 12.2 was last tank. I generally only get 200-250 miles in one tank, if most of the driving is highway. Essentially, a trip to logandale for some wheeling and back. Rofl. That puts me at about a 1/4 tank to the driveway, if I fill up t the speedway.

#38,257 ·
sirhk100 said:
Best MPG vehicle I own is 20' long bumper to bumper, weighs 6000+lbs and has the aero of a brick... That's kinda pathetic...
But it gets better mileage than my Rango! Even unloaded! Twice the mileage of the jeep...almost.

#38,258 ·
Yeah, but that 15.8 is one trip! We'll see where I'm at at the end of this tank! 12.2 was last tank. I generally only get 200-250 miles in one tank, if most of the driving is highway. Essentially, a trip to logandale for some wheeling and back. Rofl. That puts me at about a 1/4 tank to the driveway, if I fill up t the speedway.
its silly thinking that my land barge is only about 2mpg worse than yours.

I did just jet down the carb the other day to see if that helps with elevation Leaned it out about 6% i think. She's runnin' fine down here with no noticeable difference in driveability. I only adjusted cruise mode not power mode.

Manual says to go another stage lean if there are no apparent issues with the last change, then to go back if there are any issues present.

I dropped from stocvk to position number 8, just leaned it out in cruise mode. I think I'll move on over to position 7 and see how she runs. It's just a rod change so it takes like 5 minutes and I have all the right rods.
However from my reading if there are ANY issues in power move (when accelerating) you need to go back to where you were, because you'll encounter spark knock and running too lean can burn valves I think.

#38,259 ·
Well I can't brag as much as I thought about it now that more time has passed... Long term with a bit more on the odo, I tend to be getting about 17-18 around town with it and like 20-21 on the highway. Still has my expo beat and well, not sure on the pony car. I haven't tracked MPG on it. I need to toss a note pad and pen in it to write down the mileage cause it doesn't have a trip meter to work off. My coworker's wife said she got about 20 with it around town but that's driving like the 60y/o lady she is you know... My coworker said he never got 20mpg out of it but he drove it a bit more aggressively. I'll have to try and see what it gets. The sending unit on the gas gauge is off so it's a bit funny when I fill up and it takes hardly any gas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.