Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1910 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Save big with ExtremeTerrain.com's Top Spring Mods Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Restorations, Mild to Wild! CCOR

Unread 07-01-2013, 12:32 PM   #28636
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Apparently you missed the "good" before the "alternatives"
Those were all great suggestions imo! Sorry you don't see it the same.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #28637
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Speaking of jeeps, I think the only thing between me and a preliminary test drive of the wag is putting the gas tank back in (30-40 minutes). I'm PRAYING that everything works.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 12:41 PM   #28638
sirhk100

Good luck marn!

Unread 07-01-2013, 12:45 PM   #28639
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Good luck marn!
Thanks. This has been a hell of a process. It was supposed to be drivable that one weekend.

Also gotta order shocks. Gonna get some Monroe sensa-track load levelers. Should give me a little boost in the back and help when hooked up to the camper.

I'm interested to see how much I rub now that my tires tuck way more.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 07-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #28640
sirhk100

Marn, go read my post at 8:28AM today and let me know if you're interested. Probably not this week but the week after one afternoon in the blistering heat!

Unread 07-01-2013, 12:54 PM   #28641
sirhk100

http://www.tsa.gov/sites/default/fil...s_brochure.pdf

Think TSA will let me carry on 3 shift knobs, a jeep fuel door and a set of hood hold downs?

Unread 07-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #28642
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Yes. As long as something like that isnt over 11" in length or whatever you are fine to carry it. I asked the same thing when i brought a big ole craftsman tool set home from NH. I ended up checking it.

Quote:

Unread 07-01-2013, 12:58 PM   #28643
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Hey Marn, you're in da hood and one of the few that hasn't gotten a ride in my hooptie... Not this week but one afternoon next week possibly would you be interested in suffering in the heat a little bit? I want to head back out to where that jump I posted the picture was from and get a couple more camera shots of it before the truck sells. (not that I have a buyer lined up but still...) It's about 10-15 minutes from our houses and I can meet you over there and you can jump in with me. Interested? Probably would only run around out there for 15 minutes or so. Super quick run just to get a couple photos/video and I'll take you for a quick run thru the jumps and stuff if you want?
sure! Let me know.

I'm normally off around 5ish, but sometimes I can work my schedule to be a little bit better.

Quote:

Unread 07-01-2013, 04:03 PM   #28644
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81
Andy arn't you suposed to be leaving, or at the very least in the air?
Plane was late. Actually turned into a good thing. I would rather hang out at McCarren than where I am on a layover right now anyway. What was supposed to be a 4.5 hour layover turned into less than an hour.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 05:41 PM   #28645
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez

Apparently you missed the "good" before the "alternatives"

Why do the YJ's with the 4.0 & fuel injection not have the same issues? I haven't really looked at the engines enough to see if there are significant differences.
Coil packs versus standard plugs and wires. My 4.0 is a 99 and has never had this issue that you late model TJ/LJ guys have. To sum it up buy a better jeep! Haha
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 06:26 PM   #28646
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Speaking of jeeps, I think the only thing between me and a preliminary test drive of the wag is putting the gas tank back in (30-40 minutes). I'm PRAYING that everything works.
I'll say a little FSJ prayer for ya too!
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #28647
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
I owned 5 Jeep vehicles with 4.0's while I lived in TX where temps reached a max of 103-105 every summer with 40-60%+ humidity and NEVER had this issue or even heard of it. Yesterday, it was 118 when my AC compressor blew and I shut the Jeep off for less than 3-5min. Started it back up, it loped a bit, I pushed the throttle and it went away. So yesterday was a 1st time for any 4.0 I have ever owned to have heat soak
Mine's done the same thing the last couple days after hot soak, start it up, it gets lopey til I hit the gas, then it goes away. Will have to get that TSB insulation stuff.
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 06:42 PM   #28648
Grand_ZJ
1998 ZJ 

Hey guys I got an emerfency!! Who has a flatbed for my zj.

Someone hit her with ny wife driving and its now on its roof so I need some help please

702-712-5147 or 702-582-8557

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 07-01-2013, 06:42 PM   #28649
Grand_ZJ
1998 ZJ 

1372725769527.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 07-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #28650
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

It's alive!!!!!! ALIVE!!

image-633168072.jpg

Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.