Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1908 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-30-2013, 09:16 PM   #28606
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02
After driving the Jeep today, I got the mis-fire code as well. Interestingly, it already has the heat shielding.
Yea, today I should have never left the house in my Jeep to go to the shop. Jeep drove normal all the way to shop. Went inside for a sec then realized I wanted to run to Terribles to get some drinks and snacks.....start my Jeep and it's obvious some heat soak is setting in. I think oh well and drive on. Sitting at the 1st stoplight and I hear a loud hiss, crap flies out from under my driver fender and I smell something burnt. I pull over to find my AC compressor has blown something out the back and I'm pretty sure the clutch burned up. Green die all over my driver side motor mount ect....this stupid heat all by itself makes me want to move........my parents are in CO and it's 50deg at the Cabin, makes me sick!!!!

Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2013, 09:28 PM   #28607
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
After driving the Jeep today, I got the mis-fire code as well. Interestingly, it already has the heat shielding.
Do you have that white furry cardboardish wrap that jeep sells specifically to wrap around the injector? It's like $7? I actually doubled up on it with mine.

I'm driving the yota to work tomorrow. Windows will be down for sure! Gotta hit the junkyard for a quick expo fix.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2013, 11:08 PM   #28608
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Welp, my tie rod is fixed. Thanks Andy and Matt, it drives better then it did stock!
Puck81 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 07:35 AM   #28609
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

Do you have that white furry cardboardish wrap that jeep sells specifically to wrap around the injector? It's like $7? I actually doubled up on it with mine.

I'm driving the yota to work tomorrow. Windows will be down for sure! Gotta hit the junkyard for a quick expo fix.
No, I just have the heat shield that goes between the intake manifold and the injectors. Didn't know there was a wrap for the injectors.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 07:47 AM   #28610
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

No, I just have the heat shield that goes between the intake manifold and the injectors. Didn't know there was a wrap for the injectors.
Mopar 56028371AA I'm ordering enough to do all 6 injectors. I will be grabbing some extra too if you want some. Otherwise I think you can get heat shield tape stuff from any autoparts store and it should work.
Unread 07-01-2013, 07:58 AM   #28611
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza

Mopar 56028371AA
Thanks but I am not real concerned about it. The Jeep is in the garage until November when it will go up for sale again.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 07-01-2013, 08:03 AM   #28612
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Mopar 56028371AA I'm ordering enough to do all 6 injectors. I will be grabbing some extra too if you want some. Otherwise I think you can get heat shield tape stuff from any autoparts store and it should work.
If that's the same thing I used which was like a white furry corregated tube with a cut down the length of it to slide over the injectors... Mine was long enough that I cut it in half and was able to double wrap them. On mine, it helped but didn't fix it. Days like this weekend, even with the hood vent my jeep would've been having issues for sure.

On the other hand, it was 110 when I was running around tapped out in 3rd gear pushing 4K on my yota and it never skipped a beat and hung at 200 degrees all morning. Then again, it's a toyota, would you expect anything less?

Unread 07-01-2013, 08:27 AM   #28613
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

The cut in half, double wrap was what the actual TSB instruction was to do lol. It states it is not a fix, just to help it. As far as I know there is no fix. I'm about to do some custom louvers on my hood which should help a ton with trapped heat. I don't really care about the injector thing so much, it's the longevity of everything else under the hood.

On the way to McFadden Dale anyone need anything lol
Unread 07-01-2013, 09:03 AM   #28614
sirhk100

I cared about the injector thing cause it was so bad that my jeep wouldn't even run so it was a bit of an issue. LOL Funny, I never actually read the TSB, I just got the part and was like, damn, this thing is way too long so I cut it in half and then figured, heck, a bit extra can't hurt. Like I said it improved it but didn't fix it. Made it so the jeep would run above 100 degree temp days though. But hit about 105 and up and it was iffy on if it would run. I added the hyline vent and that got me good from about 105-113ish but a weekend like this past one, even with the vent, it likely still would've had issues. The jeep's home though now is like 3 blocks from the water in huntington beach so I think it's doing just fine.

My expo had a either a heat related issue this weekend or just bad timing... I'm driving the yota today. "Hoping" I can get the expo back on the road tonight so I can have my A/C again tomorrow. LOL

Unread 07-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #28615
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Reading the TSB seems like our biggest problem might be fuel. The high ethanol blend seems to make the 4.0 more succeptible to the problem. It the damn tree huggers fault.
Unread 07-01-2013, 09:28 AM   #28616
sirhk100

Hey Marn, you're in da hood and one of the few that hasn't gotten a ride in my hooptie... Not this week but one afternoon next week possibly would you be interested in suffering in the heat a little bit? I want to head back out to where that jump I posted the picture was from and get a couple more camera shots of it before the truck sells. (not that I have a buyer lined up but still...) It's about 10-15 minutes from our houses and I can meet you over there and you can jump in with me. Interested? Probably would only run around out there for 15 minutes or so. Super quick run just to get a couple photos/video and I'll take you for a quick run thru the jumps and stuff if you want?

Unread 07-01-2013, 09:30 AM   #28617
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobicon View Post
Reading the TSB seems like our biggest problem might be fuel. The high ethanol blend seems to make the 4.0 more succeptible to the problem. It the damn tree gutters fault.
Funny part is the TSB is like, may cause rough running for 20-30 seconds... Or something like that. Mine... HAHAHAHAH, wouldn't run at all!!!! Very first time it happened to me I was up in Alamo and ended up getting it towed home cause I didn't know what it was. It started and ran fine once home and I drove it right off the truck... Mine most of the time was when I would get it up to temp and then park and run into a store. The heat soak would kill it. I'd have to come out and pop the hood and leave it open for 10-15 minutes to get it to fire and run right. Once it was up and running I was fine though. I remember I used to wheel with a guy here when I first got it that would pop his hood and put a block of wood between the hood and core support every time he parked to help vent the heat.

Unread 07-01-2013, 10:06 AM   #28618
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

Funny part is the TSB is like, may cause rough running for 20-30 seconds... Or something like that. Mine... HAHAHAHAH, wouldn't run at all!!!! Very first time it happened to me I was up in Alamo and ended up getting it towed home cause I didn't know what it was. It started and ran fine once home and I drove it right off the truck... Mine most of the time was when I would get it up to temp and then park and run into a store. The heat soak would kill it. I'd have to come out and pop the hood and leave it open for 10-15 minutes to get it to fire and run right. Once it was up and running I was fine though. I remember I used to wheel with a guy here when I first got it that would pop his hood and put a block of wood between the hood and core support every time he parked to help vent the heat.
That is the most common that I have heard. Mine ran just fine after about 30 seconds. Codes show a mis-fire on 1&3. It was also running a bit warmer than usual. It usually sits rock solid at 210. It was sitting a couple needle widths higher than that in the heat of the day.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 07-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #28619
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Andy arn't you suposed to be leaving, or at the very least in the air?
Puck81 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 10:35 AM   #28620
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Yeah that 20-30 seconds is a joke, mine wouldn't run at all for a few minutes, but if I babied it I could coax it into running long enough to pressurize the system enough to overcome the vapor lock.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.