Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1906 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 06-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #28576
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
TJ tech question....assuming all else is good, with a header, good cat, will it trip a check engine light to delete the muffler, and run a turn down directly behind the cat? It's more of a fitment issue than wanting performance or sound gains. I know the noise will get annoying fast, but my options are quite limited without replacing or deleting the muffler.

I would not do a turn down unless it was a temp fix. CO2 will find its way into the cabin on the trail at low speeds.

Unread 06-29-2013, 08:23 PM   #28577
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Nothing like flagging down and telling a cop about a fire on a trail and his only response is "you're not supposed to be back there". Wtf...so the trail with the big sign welcoming you to Red Rock is off limits. FU buddy, way to worry about the fire.
Unread 06-29-2013, 08:35 PM   #28578
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobicon
Thanks. That's the word I got from my mechanic as being the fix.
Me and my big mouth... Took the Jeep out today to run some errands and gas it up 'cause I wanna drive it tomorrow and wouldn't you know it. Heat killing my #3 injector and running rough with the check engine light. Guess I better get out my tinfoil .

Would you mind posting pics of the job your mechanic did?
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 08:57 PM   #28579
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post

Me and my big mouth... Took the Jeep out today to run some errands and gas it up 'cause I wanna drive it tomorrow and wouldn't you know it. Heat killing my #3 injector and running rough with the check engine light. Guess I better get out my tinfoil .

Would you mind posting pics of the job your mechanic did?
If I can get these kids in bed tonight I will check the garage to see if I have anymore heat tape left.
Unread 06-29-2013, 09:45 PM   #28580
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I did a quick look and I could not find anything. I would not use tin foil, you do not want to use anything that can conduct electricity. I would run to the junkyard and grab an o2 sensor pigtail off of any car. It should have a nice piece of heat wrap on it that is the perfect size for protecting two wires.
Unread 06-29-2013, 09:47 PM   #28581
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
I did a quick look and I could not find anything. I would not use tin foil, you do not want to use anything that can conduct electricity. I would run to the junkyard and grab an o2 sensor pigtail off of any car. It should have a nice piece of heat wrap on it that is the perfect size for protecting two wires.
Pepboys has it in stock I believe in the performance section
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 10:14 PM   #28582
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I actually have some of that heat shield tape, I am just curious to see the best application or if there is a faster easier fix. It's too hot to work on Jeeps right now
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 10:31 PM   #28583
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Got the belly installed today! I would post pics, but still won't upload! What a PITA! Calling Adams on Monday to order driveshafts. It's coming along! Still TONS to do, but most of it is little stuff at this point.
Unread 06-29-2013, 11:02 PM   #28584
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
I actually have some of that heat shield tape, I am just curious to see the best application or if there is a faster easier fix. It's too hot to work on Jeeps right now
I wonder if that what causes my hot start hesitation issues...

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 11:42 PM   #28585
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
Psh. I was in the garage until about noon.

But yeah then I called it quits.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2013, 12:16 AM   #28586
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

Psh. I was in the garage until about noon.

But yeah then I called it quits.
Ha! Pansies! I was in the garage AND driveway ALL day, until about sunset! Did an axle swap in the driveway, from 1130-100, then finished my belly in the garage! Haha!
Unread 06-30-2013, 12:24 AM   #28587
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Maybe if you did it right the first time then you wouldn't be doing it again
Unread 06-30-2013, 12:27 AM   #28588
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
Maybe if you did it right the first time then you wouldn't be doing it again
Wasn't mine...anymore anyway. Sold my D35 and the dude paid me to help him swap it! Then he took the old one with him! Mine is just fine!
Unread 06-30-2013, 12:59 AM   #28589
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

haha, you know that it wouldn't be normal if someone didn't call you out.
Unread 06-30-2013, 01:47 AM   #28590
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
haha, you know that it wouldn't be normal if someone didn't call you out.
Normal!? Nothing on this thread is ever normal! HA! But yeah, someone had to make the comment. However, I'm unable to recall something that I had to redo because I didn't do it right first. Oh, wait, the dang OBA lines! Got me!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.