Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1901 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 06-27-2013, 06:46 PM   #28501
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Dude, you have an expensive hobby. But dang it's cool!! I totally believe you about the leafs and the overall wear and tear those rigs get in just one quick run, I was shocked when I learned leafs were used but it makes complete sense when you think about it.
Typically it's $175 plus $50 in shipping to have the packs serviced from deaver so it's not too insanely outragous. The packs we just bought were $762 shipped to vegas in comparison but from here out should be just the service fee to keep them in brand new condition every time we hit the starting line.

It's another $100 to service shocks between races, another $50-80 in fluids every race, $20-70 in bushings every race and then the rest really is just labor and that's assuming nothing is broke and needs replaced/fixed. Most people figure roughly $1500 bare minimum to get from one start line to the next if you have no major repairs after you figure gas, entry fees, prep, testing, etc... This is entry level racing though, it can go WAY up from there, like 6 figure up from race to race depending how serious you are.

BTW, we chose a fastest class out there that requires leaf springs so that's why we run them. There's other leaf sprung classes that exist but the rules limit the trucks more and they're slower and rougher. There's classes that don't require them either obviously but honestly, if you want to actually be competitive in any class that allows linked rear suspension, even at the entry level, you need to be putting down 300-400 minimum at the rear tires and that prep cost is probably more in the $3000-4000 bare minimum to get from one starting line to the next. As soon as you link your truck, you just set yourself to line up against the big boys. The next jump up from where we are in class is a big step up in cash flow if you want a remote chance of winning. If you want to just go out and finish and not be in the top 10 even, you can run on our budget. We wanted to race though where we know when we're on the starting line we've got a legit chance at actually winning if we have a good day. Really, imo... There's only 2 other trucks out there right now in our class that can compete with us and I know of 2 more close to done that should be a good threat. The rest are just road blocks for us assuming we don't have issues. There's a truck currently being built that if we both have a perfect day and drivers were equal, we wouldn't be able to beat him. Luckily the desert usually doesn't allow for that perfect scenario.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 07:26 PM   #28502
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
I saw an ad for that one about a year ago I think on cl when I was looking for a manche, I like it! but I was just looking for a cheap, stock, Jeep truck to do truck stuff with Now I'm all trucked out with the J10. Hopefully have it down here this fall.
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 07:29 PM   #28503
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Oh and my bro in Ely called yesterday to tell me that some dude walked into the napa store saying he just bought not one but TWO Honchos in Ely for $500!!!!!! WTF! I'm going to find them, guess I've been away too long.
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 10:50 PM   #28504
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Done done done!

All brake lines have been flared and run. Looks like I only have one leaky flare. It's a pain in the *** to redo...but out of 9 I did ill take it....

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2013, 12:17 AM   #28505
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Awesome, are you going to bolt that valve down or what?
Unread 06-28-2013, 01:57 AM   #28506
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
They're HARD lines! Duh! They'll hold it in place, silly!
Unread 06-28-2013, 05:45 AM   #28507
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Looks good Marn!
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2013, 08:46 AM   #28508
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
No actually. It pretty much is rock solid.

I was going to weld a bolt or two to the frame but after mocking it all up it didn't seem necessary.

You can grab it and try to shake it and it really doesn't move.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 06-28-2013, 08:54 AM   #28509
sirhk100

Zip ties and duct tape that beast! Maybe even a quick wrap with some electrical wire with a twisty turn at the end for good measure?

Unread 06-28-2013, 10:38 AM   #28510
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Zip ties and duct tape that beast! Maybe even a quick wrap with some electrical wire with a twisty turn at the end for good measure?
I prefer the use of a wire hanger. Like on my exhaust.

Unread 06-28-2013, 10:51 AM   #28511
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoMama View Post
No actually. It pretty much is rock solid.

I was going to weld a bolt or two to the frame but after mocking it all up it didn't seem necessary.

You can grab it and try to shake it and it really doesn't move.
everything shakes going down a dirt road. Vibration = stress = cracking. Not sure about you, but I would not want to risk anything vibrating that much.

How much clearance does it have between the frame rail?
Unread 06-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #28512
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I love having already worked 53 hrs this week getting a call from a secretary and being asked why stops aren't getting rescheduled. Oh maybe because there aren't 26 hrs in a day *****.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #28513
sirhk100

Thought maybe some of you guys would find interest in this regarding plasti dip... Have to say myself, I'm actually fairly impressed...

Quote:
Scenario dropping my girlfriend off at the train station. Lady waving at her friend to pick her up not paying attention pulls out of her parking space and clips my entire rear quarter panel and damages my back rim smh. Hey atleast the dip held up lol.

I think the wheels were dipped too.

Unread 06-28-2013, 01:25 PM   #28514
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
everything shakes going down a dirt road. Vibration = stress = cracking. Not sure about you, but I would not want to risk anything vibrating that much.

How much clearance does it have between the frame rail?
its right up against the frame rail.

the lines on the other hand, are not.

Unread 06-28-2013, 03:34 PM   #28515
sirhk100

Sweet, credit scores of 819, 813, 619... WTF??? 619!!!!??? Looks like I have a past due collection agency for an internet service provider for the amount of $150 to deal with and dispute. One of those numbers kinda doesn't belong eh? LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.