Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1900 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 06-27-2013, 05:03 PM   #28486
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Hey Marn, where can i find 12x12 paver bricks at a decent price? Like under a buck each.
Craigs list or somebody's back yard?

The basic stuff that is decent runs us, contractors price, like 1.80 per sq. ft.

I may be pulling some out of a yard here in a few weeks. I was going to keep em. how many you need?

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 05:04 PM   #28487
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

That hot old summer sun make you beg for your next breath
So you best be on the creek bank laid in the shade

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 06-27-2013, 05:10 PM   #28488
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Hey Marn, where can i find 12x12 paver bricks at a decent price? Like under a buck each.
Craigslist
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 05:11 PM   #28489
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Space ball this is much better!
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3899305718.html
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 05:11 PM   #28490
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

Craigs list or somebody's back yard?

The basic stuff that is decent runs us, contractors price, like 1.80 per sq. ft.

I may be pulling some out of a yard here in a few weeks. I was going to keep em. how many you need?
Its for a buddy of mine who wants to extend his back patio, so idk how much he needs. I figured i would ask you since you are the man that knows about such things.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 05:13 PM   #28491
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206
Looks like bonez has been out tagging again! Rofl!
Unread 06-27-2013, 05:21 PM   #28492
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
hahaha. Nice catch.

Wonder if the guy realized a pic of his jeep is in fromt of a swastika

Unread 06-27-2013, 05:34 PM   #28493
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
I wonder though, does all the plastic benefit from the reduced UV? May keep it from cracking as quickly? Or is it the heat that causes the cracking? Someone should make their kids do that experiment for the school science fair!
Yeah, no clue honestly... I've been using the window shade so I figure my dash for the most part is covered anyways. Plus I need to get a dash cover to hid the cracks that are in the 22y/o dash as is. I was going to swap dashes and started to pull the one out whitey before I disposed of it but the headache of getting it out, let alone back into red and having everything still fit and function just wasn't worth it. A dash cover will fix my cracks by hiding them! LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 05:36 PM   #28494
sirhk100

The owner of the comanche probably was the tagger! LOL

10 minutes and I'm outta here!!! Home to screw around in a hot *** garage!

Unread 06-27-2013, 05:41 PM   #28495
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206
Khris and I have seen this one in person. He knows more about per runners than I do. But it looked clean to me.
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 05:49 PM   #28496
sirhk100

Yeah, overall it looked clean for sure. Suspension isn't setup to truly run hard but it's got a good base as a fun all around ride imo...

Unread 06-27-2013, 06:01 PM   #28497
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

I wonder though, does all the plastic benefit from the reduced UV? May keep it from cracking as quickly? Or is it the heat that causes the cracking? Someone should make their kids do that experiment for the school science fair!
It is the UV light. That is why dashboards crack even where the heat doesn't get that bad. Also the reason that if you continually treat a dash with armor-all it will last longer. The armor-all doesn't do **** for how hot the dash gets but it does reflect the UV light.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 06:10 PM   #28498
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
It's common to have to replace leaf springs every race from everyone we've talked to and I've been involved with. They're a consumable. Most legit teams actually have 3 sets of leafs so you can always have a fresh set for the truck, a spare set for race day and a 3rd set off being rebuilt to shuffle thru the rotation. We'll repair our broken one and then likely sell off that set and pickup another brand new set so we'll at least have 2 pairs to rotate thru since it's not like we're running an aggressive race schedule and have lots of times between races to have them serviced.

Come get a ride in it sometime and see the abuse it gets put thru and it'll make more sense. LOL I really think most people are shocked when they see how punished the truck gets. The rides I've given everyone so far, still aren't what I was driving pace wise on race day and I'm sure everyone on here that has ridden in it will vouch that it's not a nice smooth gracious sunday cruise. It's actually kinda violent in a way.

I may be taking it out for a quick run mid-late July once I have it back together. Was going to keep it low key and probably just be whoever I have pull it out and me. Would like a 3rd person though in case something breaks so we're not hiking in 100+ temps. Will make sure to take that 3rd person for at least a quick run too if they wanted. I'm only looking to put like 20-30 miles on the truck in the heat to make sure everything looks and works fine.
Dude, you have an expensive hobby. But dang it's cool!! I totally believe you about the leafs and the overall wear and tear those rigs get in just one quick run, I was shocked when I learned leafs were used but it makes complete sense when you think about it.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 06:14 PM   #28499
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

Haha I totally missed that the first time and had to go back to see what the heck you were talking about. Nah, I know how to spell my nickname and don't subscribe to idiots ideas about society.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 06:32 PM   #28500
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

The dash in my ZJ was religiously coated with armor all and still looks brand new, and it's a 97. Never had a dash cover either.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.