Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 190 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 12-24-2011, 05:39 PM   #2836
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
Is that a busted cv joint?
Busted front cv drive shaft. It was just a matter of time. After I got it out the ride home was nice and smoof. Thanks for sticking around and making sure we got it PowerJunkie.

Here was the highlight of the day. I didn't get all of them in here. It looked like a gun show today.

1224111155.jpg  
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2011, 05:51 PM   #2837
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Thanks for sticking around and making sure we got it PowerJunkie.
Where was that? After I left the trail, I looked back a few times, didn't see anyone behind me and just assumed you were all enjoying the pretty sights.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2011, 05:56 PM   #2838
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

No prob guys. We need to go out there more often!! I'll post my pics when I he em on the computer. Good ones of the bats! Had lots of fun today everyone. Thanks Ysb, so much to explore.
Unread 12-24-2011, 06:06 PM   #2839
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

You know in movies when the guys says, "Go on without me", but the hero never does? I'd be the guy that leaves you.

You're welcome, Powr. Just wish I would have remembered my headlamp. I know I'm going to lose sleep wondering what cool stuff was down that shaft.
Unread 12-24-2011, 06:07 PM   #2840
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Where was that? After I left the trail, I looked back a few times, didn't see anyone behind me and just assumed you were all enjoying the pretty sights.
Yea I was enjoying the scenery while I was pulled over on the side of the road. At first I through I had rocks stuck in my treads. Very large rocks making my tires wobble. Second time I pulled over I saw the drive shaft that looked like a twisted kids arm in the principals office. Darn thing must have been going out for a couple months now because some noises are gone now ha. We stopped at the Shell near the highway and pulled it out. I guess 15 minutes. 2wd is nice and smooth.
Unread 12-24-2011, 06:10 PM   #2841
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Had the camera with me the whole day, but didn't take a single picture. I should have taken pictures of everyone getting up that tailing pile.

Still waiting on the ex to call so I can pick her up at the airport. She's running late. Luckily, it's not McCarran. That place was just on the news and it looks ugly in there.
Unread 12-24-2011, 06:13 PM   #2842
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Merry Christmas from The Beast

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2011, 06:24 PM   #2843
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Awesome pics guys. I wish I could have gone.

YSB thanks for the help with the topo maps, they came in handy in Big Bear today. We went down a few trails, nothing too serious because we were by ourselves.

On a second note... is Christmas time also known as the Asian Invasion for Vegas? I would say about 60-70% of the cars coming from So Cal were filled with non driving Asian families, I almost had to see how the 1/4 inch bumper holds up a few times!!

If I don't get a chance to get back on here you guys have a Merry Christmas!!!!
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2011, 06:27 PM   #2844
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

At least the lights work.
Unread 12-24-2011, 06:36 PM   #2845
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

The Coors can is from 1967! http://www.coorscans.com/Default.asp
1224111555.jpg  
Unread 12-24-2011, 06:50 PM   #2846
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Heres some pics from today. the rest of my bat pics are kinda blurry. damn, gotta go back to get more! the one of my jeep on three wheels is from when we were at the lake a couple weeks ago.(yes its on three wheels, theres light under there..it counts)
_dsc8304copy.jpg   _dsc8366.jpg   _dsc8351.jpg   _dsc8349.jpg  
Powrjunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2011, 06:55 PM   #2847
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry, these pics look horrible actual size! My dslr takes awesome pics, but when I dumb them down, they look like crap. I'm going to set my camera for small size pics from now on
Unread 12-24-2011, 07:14 PM   #2848
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Looks like Carolina Drive Shaft makes a replacement for my front. It's probably a lucrative business since those shafts are garbage. They even make an adapter so I don't have to change the yoke.
Unread 12-24-2011, 07:18 PM   #2849
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

It looks hungry. Merry Christmas to you all. I wish you were here, so you could all take turns punching my brother in law in the face.
Unread 12-24-2011, 07:20 PM   #2850
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Give your b-I-L a bottle of amaretto, strip him to his undies and push him out in the snow!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.